British Speedway Forum
JamesB

Final Play Off Spot

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!! :o:unsure: :unsure: :blink: :blink:

Care to expand? :blink:

i do BELIEVE it was done to Workington a few years ago. Edinburgh fail to organise a date for a pl meeting before the cut off date . i think Workington COULD have secured a spot in the play off,s ( i think)

that's what scarra means by not being very helpful .

i just wonder if Workington need 3 points to qualify for the top 6 play off position. will Edinburgh lay down, thus by letting worky win the meeting, eliminating possibly Plymouth and Ipswich and allow the softer option of Workington to sneak into position 6 and then choose worky in the play offs knowing they will easily beat us..

or am i thinking too much ?

• Like 2

It's called tactics Jenga.

However we should have a bye if we finish top. But be sure if you get to the playoff semis and we have a pick then Yes a visit to DP would be our wish.

Good luck

Draw already fixed for play offs --- top plays 3 v 6 match ----Second plays 4 v 5 match =Glasgow v Edinburgh final-

• Like 1

Draw already fixed for play offs --- top plays 3 v 6 match ----Second plays 4 v 5 match =Glasgow v Edinburgh final-

Sounds good Manse.

That plus the likely League Cup Final.

And who knows with the KO Cup.

And folks were saying last season how sick and tired they were of the number of Monarchs v Tiggers matches!!

• Like 2

i do BELIEVE it was done to Workington a few years ago. Edinburgh fail to organise a date for a pl meeting before the cut off date . i think Workington COULD have secured a spot in the play off,s ( i think)

i just wonder if Workington need 3 points to qualify for the top 6 play off position. will Edinburgh lay down, thus by letting worky win the meeting, eliminating possibly Plymouth and Ipswich and allow the softer option of Workington to sneak into position 6 and then choose worky in the play offs knowing they will easily beat us..

Thank you for that jenga. :t:

With workys away form the way it is iI think iit's safe to say our chances are equivalent to a worn out bra ,no cups and little support

This weekend gone at Rye house I thought I heard Craig Saul say Monday 7 September was the cut off which is the date Rye House stage their final home league match against Peterborough. This would be a little surprising given that some fixtures have already been arranged for after that date.

As others have suggested though it's a case of guesswork and it would not be a great surprise if nobody really knew at this point in time!

Newcastle's fixtures on their website seem to indicate a cut off around the 7th as they have (optimistically) the following reserved home fixtures

Sun 13 September Play Offs

Sun 20 September Play Offs

Sun 27 September PLKOC FINAL

Sun 4 October Play Off Final

You were close Manse, top plays winner of 4v5 from http://www.speedwaygb.co/premierleaguetable15

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS

- Each team meets each other once home and once away.

- The top six teams then progress to the play-offs to decide the Premier League Championship.

- Every Play-Off tie will be raced on a knockout basis, with the first and second placed clubs progressing directly to the semi-finals. Quarter-finals: 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th. Semi-finals: 1st v 4th/5th, 2nd v 3rd/6th.

- In the event of a tie on aggregate in the Final, the outcome will be determined by Golden Heats Format.

It is very frustrating that they don't announce the date of the cut off time, even if they announced it then put it back it would be better. For once Monarchs have got through their fixtures well this season, only 4 matches left of which 2 are this week, final home match on 28th August with the date of the Workington away match still to be determined. I have no idea why it is not this saturday, worky have 5 matches left and have a free week.

Edinburgh will then be in a waiting game as barring some strange results will get the bye to the semi, so with other teams still with plenty fixtures I reckon it will be at least 3 and probably 4 weeks before their opponents in the semi-final are known. Hopefully have KO Cup and league cup matches to entertain us in the meantime but will probably have at least 1 free week, not a great time to have a free week wouldn't want to kill their momenetum so might slip in the Scottish Open.

You were close Manse, top plays winner of 4v5 from http://www.speedwaygb.co/premierleaguetable15

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS

- Each team meets each other once home and once away.

- The top six teams then progress to the play-offs to decide the Premier League Championship.

- Every Play-Off tie will be raced on a knockout basis, with the first and second placed clubs progressing directly to the semi-finals. Quarter-finals: 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th. Semi-finals: 1st v 4th/5th, 2nd v 3rd/6th.

- In the event of a tie on aggregate in the Final, the outcome will be determined by Golden Heats Format.

It is very frustrating that they don't announce the date of the cut off time, even if they announced it then put it back it would be better. For once Monarchs have got through their fixtures well this season, only 4 matches left of which 2 are this week, final home match on 28th August with the date of the Workington away match still to be determined. I have no idea why it is not this saturday, worky have 5 matches left and have a free week.

Edinburgh will then be in a waiting game as barring some strange results will get the bye to the semi, so with other teams still with plenty fixtures I reckon it will be at least 3 and probably 4 weeks before their opponents in the semi-final are known. Hopefully have KO Cup and league cup matches to entertain us in the meantime but will probably have at least 1 free week, not a great time to have a free week wouldn't want to kill their momenetum so might slip in the Scottish Open.

That sort of thing has happened before in Speedway - and I have never been able to understand why this happens?

Common sense would seem to say - get the Meeting run. Why not?

I'd say Plymouth could win out and in any event get probably eight points from remaining away matches. Ipswich could be in the last chance saloon at Somerset, though another loss for the Rebels could make it a two into three scenario rather than strictly a battle for sixth. Workington - you have to be joking. Not a single away point halfway through August. Love the adoption of the old Swedish elitseries formula - should be loads of thrilling match ups compared to the dull as ditchwater dogs breakfast of the last two years. (that's the qualifiers prior to the final, I mean.)

Edited by tiberon

That sort of thing has happened before in Speedway - and I have never been able to understand why this happens?

Common sense would seem to say - get the Meeting run. Why not?

maybe it just wasn't right for Alex and his team. (riders missing or fixture clashes with the lite league. maybe Workington were on holiday as they have been most of this season or riders missing. its not good for the sport in general, too many G A P S in the fixtures.spoke to a supporter today and he said he was starting to get out of the habit of going.

Workington are not riding on the 22nd because Ricky is riding for Wolves, Kyle is riding for the Under 21s, Rusty is still injured and if the Danish final goes into its spare day then we would be without Rene as well.

Don't think the home fans would appreciate us taking on the top team with 3 guests and R/R

• Like 3

thanks dan. its just the way it falls i suppose....... crucial meeting for worky if they get a couple of good results at berwick and redcar away.. but 38 is our magic number at the moment.

Workington are not riding on the 22nd because Ricky is riding for Wolves, Kyle is riding for the Under 21s, Rusty is still injured and if the Danish final goes into its spare day then we would be without Rene as well.

Don't think the home fans would appreciate us taking on the top team with 3 guests and R/R

I didn't realise that - thanks for the Information Dan. :t::approve: :approve:

its worked well for Peterborough all season.....