British Speedway Forum
JamesB

Final Play Off Spot

Workington are not riding on the 22nd because Ricky is riding for Wolves, Kyle is riding for the Under 21s, Rusty is still injured and if the Danish final goes into its spare day then we would be without Rene as well.

Don't think the home fans would appreciate us taking on the top team with 3 guests and R/R

So it's naff all to do with monarchs not wanting to ride that night.

Surprise surprise.

The Witches now have 33 points after last nights point at Somerset and providing that they win both their home meetings that are left (Which this season is no certain ) that would put them on to 39 points .

The Devils have 30 points but have 3 home meetings left so win all three (something i think they will in current form ) will also put them onto 39 points .

So it looks like its going to come down to who can get anything on the road , Witches have Rye house away and the Devils have Redcar , Rye house and Scuthorpe

The Witches now have 33 points after last nights point at Somerset and providing that they win both their home meetings that are left (Which this season is no certain ) that would put them on to 39 points .

The Devils have 30 points but have 3 home meetings left so win all three (something i think they will in current form ) will also put them onto 39 points .

So it looks like its going to come down to who can get anything on the road , Witches have Rye house away and the Devils have Redcar , Rye house and Scuthorpe

And then there's the weather gods to consider. They like a good larf ...

You were close Manse, top plays winner of 4v5 from http://www.speedwaygb.co/premierleaguetable15

PLAY-OFF PICTURE - HOW IT WORKS

- Each team meets each other once home and once away.

- The top six teams then progress to the play-offs to decide the Premier League Championship.

- Every Play-Off tie will be raced on a knockout basis, with the first and second placed clubs progressing directly to the semi-finals. Quarter-finals: 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th. Semi-finals: 1st v 4th/5th, 2nd v 3rd/6th.

- In the event of a tie on aggregate in the Final, the outcome will be determined by Golden Heats Format.

It is very frustrating that they don't announce the date of the cut off time, even if they announced it then put it back it would be better. For once Monarchs have got through their fixtures well this season, only 4 matches left of which 2 are this week, final home match on 28th August with the date of the Workington away match still to be determined. I have no idea why it is not this saturday, worky have 5 matches left and have a free week.

Edinburgh will then be in a waiting game as barring some strange results will get the bye to the semi, so with other teams still with plenty fixtures I reckon it will be at least 3 and probably 4 weeks before their opponents in the semi-final are known. Hopefully have KO Cup and league cup matches to entertain us in the meantime but will probably have at least 1 free week, not a great time to have a free week wouldn't want to kill their momenetum so might slip in the Scottish Open.

That sort of thing has happened before in Speedway - and I have never been able to understand why this happens?

Common sense would seem to say - get the Meeting run. Why not?

I have a good feeling that Workington DID want the match this weekend, maybe look a bit nearer to home as to why it isn't this weekend , apparantly too many missing riders at Edinburgh this weekend !!!!

I have a good feeling that Workington DID want the match this weekend, maybe look a bit nearer to home as to why it isn't this weekend , apparantly too many missing riders at Edinburgh this weekend !!!!

not a good post from you tj. home riders missing.

Workington are not riding on the 22nd because Ricky is riding for Wolves, Kyle is riding for the Under 21s, Rusty is still injured and if the Danish final goes into its spare day then we would be without Rene as well.

Don't think the home fans would appreciate us taking on the top team with 3 guests and R/R

i was led to believe originaly the rugby club made the stadium unavailable for the 22nd as they were supossed to have something on which nolonger apllies and i gat that from a friend off mine who works for the rugny club not from anyone involved with speedway

Now looking like 3 possible sceanrios

1)Plymouth

2)The Devils

3) That team from Devon

I still retain some hope, at least until 9:30 this evening.

An away win tonight for one of the above will effectively seal 6th place.

I too have a good feeling - that you are talking a load of cobblers and trying to sh*t stir.

i was led to believe originaly the rugby club made the stadium unavailable for the 22nd as they were supossed to have something on which nolonger apllies and i gat that from a friend off mine who works for the rugny club not from anyone involved with speedway

Originally that was the case, we were made aware at the start of the season and the fixture list was compiled accordingly. However when the stadium became available it still wasn't worthwhile agreeing a fixture when we have our top lads missing. Edinburgh have been offered dates but none of which were suitable due to their rider availability

Now that riders effectively hold the upper hand on availability, I find it hard to imagine that there will ever be a day when clubs could guarantee a quick arrangement for fulfilling outstanding fixtures? :(

From a selfish point of view, very pleased it's not this weekend coz I would miss it, from a sporting/supporter, (in general) perspective, it's just another long gap in proceedings, another reason to find something else to do, another nail in the coffin for the sport? :(

Thanks Dan, the rumour mungers wrong yet again then !!! :t:

I too have a good feeling - that you are talking a load of cobblers and trying to sh*t stir.

Not at all, rumour mungers at it again , that was the info I got at the weekend

not a good post from you tj. home riders missing.

Only passing on info I heard at the weekend Jenga

you may have to change your informer for a better model.

you may have to change your informer for a better model.

Just the general word in the Grandstand on Saturday jenga