British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Somerset V Ipswich 18.8.15

It's going to need a much better performance than at Plymouth or Edinburgh to get anywhere near a point let alone anything more. Manzares, Heeps and the reserves will need a decent night.

Twitter feed has r/r at 5. A bit surprised by that as King in heat 8 would be my preference.

Not the way we've rode at home lately,been poor but now with new blood and pulling themselves together should be ok but think it will be about 10-12 points in rebels favour.

Not the way we've rode at home lately,been poor but now with new blood and pulling themselves together should be ok but think it will be about 10-12 points in rebels favour.

I think we shouldn`t read too much into the Edinburgh result tbh, four Monarchs were definitely on it big time that night, they had the top rider in the division in 6 races, an ex Rebel who knows the quickest way round, a new lad who rode out of his skin ( bet he does not match that show again this season) and of course our old mate Sammy directing operations from the pits.

For the Rebels only three turned up as well, Starky, Wrighty and Josh. It has been pointed out that it is the only time Brady has not won a race , really can`t see that happening again. Jensen coming in is a wake up call to Ritchie, Northern tour is crucial to him I think, but an 8 would be handy tomorrow. Between 10 an 12 for me too Coomie.

As a Devil I'm happy to be a temporary Rebel tomorrow and will be in attendance.

Nothing in particular against the Witches you understand ... but needs must.

• Like 3

Will be surprised if the Witches get within 10 but stranger things have happened!

Just need Jensen to have first night teething problems, Brady to decide to throw it down on the first bend a few times and Richie to average out those few recent good scores with a poor night and we might nick a point!!

Can't see the Witches getting anything from this, but i'm happy to be proved wrong. The Rebels will be smarting from last weeks defeat...

I think we shouldn`t read too much into the Edinburgh result tbh, four Monarchs were definitely on it big time that night, they had the top rider in the division in 6 races, an ex Rebel who knows the quickest way round, a new lad who rode out of his skin ( bet he does not match that show again this season) and of course our old mate Sammy directing operations from the pits.

For the Rebels only three turned up as well, Starky, Wrighty and Josh. It has been pointed out that it is the only time Brady has not won a race , really can`t see that happening again. Jensen coming in is a wake up call to Ritchie, Northern tour is crucial to him I think, but an 8 would be handy tomorrow. Between 10 an 12 for me too Coomie.

do you think it would be better to move Ritchie to two and Ramus to four?

No, Ritchie does tend to improve as the meeting progresses, you need your top boys at the end, bit much to ask Jensen to slot in there I think on his debut. If it goes pear shaped for Ritchie again, then I think it is inevitable.

I think you boys (Somerset) are being very optimistic. We have changed one rider !!! "One Swallow doesn't make a summer" !!!

I don't see the rot that set in some matches ago will be alleviated but lets wait and see !

Worrall is on thin ice !

Edited by Aroundtheboards

It's going to need a much better performance than at Plymouth or Edinburgh to get anywhere near a point let alone anything more. Manzares, Heeps and the reserves will need a decent night.

Twitter feed has r/r at 5. A bit surprised by that as King in heat 8 would be my preference.

Ipswich were not at Edinburgh, oh I forgot 3 of them were, so discount that result.

I am not sure you can discount the Edinburgh result as I don't think King and Covatti would have got a great deal more than the 17 scored by Lawson and Worrall.

The scores from Tungate and Heeps were the bigger problem.

I think you boys (Somerset) are being very optimistic. We have changed one rider !!! "One Swallow doesn't make a summer" !!!

I don't see the rot that set in some matches ago will be alleviated but lets wait and see !

Worrall is on thin ice !

I tend to agree. It is going to be a tense affair. If the Witches keep it tight early on and bang in a few spoilers we may just crumble. Could do with a good win to take up North, that's for sure.