British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

Correct call from the ref. Sarj just can't stay still and serves him right for moving again. Garrity likewise just takes Ash's leg.

Cov fans no doubt won't agree.

not sure what you were watching Sarjeant didnt move at all but if the referee deems he did and excludes him that it makes the Garrity incident irrelevant. Doesn't matter what way you look at it Coventry were robbed I'm heat 12

How was withdrawing King a fast one? Yeah, giving Kus an extra ride, what a fiddle!

To be fair, I didn't think IRR was available for a rider that withdraws from an injury sustained in a previous meeting.

IRR was for injuries caused in the current meeting is how I understood it.

• Like 3

Sarj didn't move nor did Ellis in another race, Garrity should not have been excluded, and as for the start marshall Holding the race up Neither of the two riders over each others grid, therefore no need to move them Elbows touching is there choice and for chirst sake its not Cricket, Real Big need for Transponders in this sport then we would know for sure if someone moved.

To be fair, I didn't think IRR was available for a rider that withdraws from an injury sustained in a previous meeting.

IRR was for injuries caused in the current meeting is how I understood it.

Me too, it's just another of speedway rules that are open to being bent. Not accusing Coventry here and as SCB hasn't been kind enough to tell us the exact wording of the rule :wink: so innocent until proven guilty :lol:

Having said that I've said all season if Lynn didn't win the league (Bloody Silly Play Offs) I would like to see Coventry do it.

Me too, it's just another of speedway rules that are open to being bent. Not accusing Coventry here and as SCB hasn't been kind enough to tell us the exact wording of the rule :wink: so innocent until proven guilty :lol:

Having said that I've said all season if Lynn didn't win the league (Bloody Silly Play Offs) I would like to see Coventry do it.

Me, too but it made no difference #smug but rules are rules really .....

Crazily the ref said he'd have a look at the heat 12 fiasco AFTER the meeting! Don't bother mate.

• Like 1

not sure what you were watching Sarjeant didnt move at all but if the referee deems he did and excludes him that it makes the Garrity incident irrelevant. Doesn't matter what way you look at it Coventry were robbed I'm heat 12

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, King's Lynn deserved the win although NKI and their guest in Lindgren won it for them.

However when you look at it Coventry beat themselves. Harris coming off when moving on to a 5-1, Hans fencing JK, Sarjeant hitting the tapes.

The ref then made it worse with the most ridiculous double exclusion I've ever seen. Even Nigel & Tatum seemed shocked and would have put all four back.

I do believe over two legs with their full teams, without star guests and riders riding injured, Coventry can beat Belle Vue or King's Lynn.

However to beat Poole or Swindon over two legs we need more strength in our top 5, as at the moment it looks weak.

No way was heat 12 all 4 back.

Garrity was rightly excluded but not sure about Sarj as haven't seen replays

• Like 1

Thank you, that's what we are saying thay he aggregated the injury in tonight's meeting which is why he withdrew.

I have only seen a couple of meetings from king's Lynn this year but noticed it has become very gate and go. Is it always like that as have seen more racing at Leicester this year than here?

No it hasn't been all gate and go. there have been some great racing/passes this year. Not much racing at Leicester except when Lynn were there :wink: Have to say NKI was brilliant in heat 15 last week at Leicester. :D

And using Lindgren for a rider who's not injured isn't?

King's Lynn were made stronger tonight than they will be when they have Lambert & Milik back for play offs.

King is a much better rider than Hans or Kus at King's Lynn and Garrity was already in pain so why would we withdraw King otherwise. Would you rather see him race and make it even worse.

King would of made no difference whatsoever

No way was heat 12 all 4 back.

Garrity was rightly excluded but not sure about Sarj as haven't seen replays

But how was Garrity rightfully excluded if the race was deemed an unsatisfactory start? It would have meant it was called back if Sarjeant was excluded?

How often do we see all 4 back for that type of first bend incident. Garrity stayed on his line and there was no where for either to go. Very harsh.

But how was Garrity rightfully excluded if the race was deemed an unsatisfactory start? It would have meant it was called back if Sarjeant was excluded?

How often do we see all 4 back for that type of first bend incident. Garrity stayed on his line and there was no where for either to go. Very harsh.

My understanding is the ref would have been watching the start line not 15m back, Garrity then caused the stoppage and while checking the replays to check that, the ref noticed (incorreclty) that sarj had gone before the tapes. Hence Garrity was the cause of the stoppage and had the race run its course, uni suspect Sarj may have been excluded at the end. Just a theory but one which makes sense to me ☺

• Like 1

If Sarj moved he deservedly got excluded, whenever the ref saw his infringement. Really there ought to be an extra official who should be watching a rider 15m back to see if he behaves. Garrity deserved his exclusion too IMO.

My understanding is the ref would have been watching the start line not 15m back, Garrity then caused the stoppage and while checking the replays to check that, the ref noticed (incorreclty) that sarj had gone before the tapes. Hence Garrity was the cause of the stoppage and had the race run its course, uni suspect Sarj may have been excluded at the end. Just a theory but one which makes sense to me ☺

If excluding Garrity then he deemed the race fine so can't exclude James as well for jumping the start (which replays prove he didn't) it's one or the other

https://mobile.twitter.com/keithski24/status/634111717501444096

When was he meant to have jumped? The tapes were up before he even moved. The ref said he would look at footage after the meeting! What's the point of doing it then?

Edited by mdmc82

If excluding Garrity then he deemed the race fine so can't exclude James as well for jumping the start (which replays prove he didn't) it's one or the other

https://mobile.twitter.com/keithski24/status/634111717501444096

When was he meant to have jumped? The tapes were up before he even moved. The ref said he would look at footage after the meeting! What's the point of doing it then?

At the end of the day if you keep doing it you will pay the price simple. He got what was deserved.