British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

Was someone having a pop at Garrity last night as the cameras were on him walking down the pits when excluded and all I heard is he was shouting to them I am a man or something like that

he got in the face of more than one person walking through the pits. The guy is an idiot
  • Like 2

Was someone having a pop at Garrity last night as the cameras were on him walking down the pits when excluded and all I heard is he was shouting to them I am a man or something like that

Yes, report on Twitter by several people that king's Lynn fans were swearing and shouting abuse at him. One said he was gonna knock him out. That might be the one he was shouting back at.

• Like 1

garrity is young, much to learn , but morris left him nowhere to go but inside , and there was only a slight contact , garrity didnt deliberately knock him off he went for a gap

look at the play off in 2010 when harris gets knocked off and rode over, holder wiped harris's front wheel , yet it was all 4 back......

(but then again not many decisions go against poole at wimpborne road)

Edited by heathen chemistry
  • Like 2

Yes, report on Twitter by several people that king's Lynn fans were swearing and shouting abuse at him. One said he was gonna knock him out. That might be the one he was shouting back at.

before heat 15 garrity said to Horton "I'll drop everyone of them". Not really the behaviour of a professional sportsman is it?

Boo hoo, Garrity shouting at a couple of toothless simpletons on the first bend at Saddlebore Road.

Hardly the end of the world.

• Like 5

And people complain there are no characters left. Say what you like about Jason, never a dull moment when he's around!

I'm gonna have a go at what I think may have been the referees logic and it kind of makes sense.

Referee deemed Sarjeant had jumped the start but hadn't gained an advantage as he's 15m back.

Garrity causes a crash on 1st turn and as the cause of the stoppage is excluded.

As Sarjeant had jumped the start and Garrity now excluded Sarjeant has gained an advantage from his 2nd offence so also gets excluded.

As I said, that could be the thought process of the referee and it does make sense.

garrity is young, much to learn , but morris left him nowhere to go but inside , and there was only a slight contact , garrity didnt deliberately knock him off he went for a gap

look at the play off in 2010 when harris gets knocked off and rode over, holder wiped harris's front wheel , yet it was all 4 back......

And it was deliberate

I'm gonna have a go at what I think may have been the referees logic and it kind of makes sense.

Referee deemed Sarjeant had jumped the start but hadn't gained an advantage as he's 15m back.

Garrity causes a crash on 1st turn and as the cause of the stoppage is excluded.

As Sarjeant had jumped the start and Garrity now excluded Sarjeant has gained an advantage from his 2nd offence so also gets excluded.

As I said, that could be the thought process of the referee and it does make sense.

Referee----- Thought process ? what you on. I'll have some:)

And it was deliberate

Really? How do you know it was deliberate? Or are you stating an opinion? Big difference between facts and you stating your opinion you know 👍

• Like 1

You've clearly not been there on a Christina Turnbull night.

• Like 1

And people complain there are no characters left. Say what you like about Jason, never a dull moment when he's around!

Hmm, don't we know it !! :o

Is there a referees report per match,where a ref has to say what actions he takes during heats?

Yes there is.

well having ronnie allen as a ref is totally wrong imo

its like mourinho's brother reffin a man u match ...

sarj didnt move before taped video proved it , so ref was wrong , and the garrity incident most times that would be all 4 back ,

well having ronnie allen as a ref is totally wrong imo

its like mourinho's brother reffin a man u match ...

sarj didnt move before taped video proved it , so ref was wrong , and the garrity incident most times that would be all 4 back ,

seems conspiracy theorists would say its a plan to get poole finish top

wonder if it was ronnie russell that had a word with the ref and said sarj moved?

• Like 2

There's an interesting slow mo video going around from behind Sarj in heat 12. In it, you can see that Sarj has not moved until the tapes start going up. However, it is also clear that he has started moving when the tapes are still at wheel height for the other 3 riders who are still motionless. Therefore, it would appear that he has gained a small advantage over the others. Maybe the ref had access to this angle / speed. I will try and post it on here but don't hold your breath, I'm not very technical!

Sarjeant definitely anticipated the start, as you need to take into account his reaction time, which would've been an impossible zero in this instance

Personally, although I find it annoying, I'm all in favour of referees re-running a race when a rider anticipates or rolls at the start

If a rider has tough opponents or a tough gate position, then the risk is minimal. If ignored, those who play fair or have more to lose are penalised

Reckon referees should give a warning for a 1st offence & 15m for the second. I find it annoying when they re-run an unsatisfactory start and don't warn anyone: inevitably the same rider will try it again at some point during the meeting