British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 07/09/15 (rearanged Fixture)

The meeting has been postponed. Definitely the right call.

Shame Wolves & King's Lynn hadn't done the same after Kerr's crash

• Like 3

One way or another I'm just glad the meeting is off.

Sincere best wishes to Darcy on a speedy recovery and then we have to move on and get the show back on at a convenient date and when it is suitable for both teams.

• Like 6

The re-staging date for Monday's cancelled meeting against Swindon has been agreed for Monday 7th September at 7.30pm

Chris Holder has just tweeted for fans not to donate to any accounts set up for Darcy as an official account will be set up in the next few days.

Edited by hammer1969

In some ways I was hoping for our first meeting back to be against Swindon. Maybe I'm just being a soppy old git, but Darcy has a special connection to both our clubs and it would've been nice to have our supporters come together.

• Like 1

In some ways I was hoping for our first meeting back to be against Swindon. Maybe I'm just being a soppy old git, but Darcy has a special connection to both our clubs and it would've been nice to have our supporters come together.

Agree with your sentiments GoFast...

I'd like a Poole V Swindon PO Final and for the result to be a draw with no runoff's so both clubs can share in tribute to Darcy.. :t:

I am not particularly a fan of his but would love to see him back on a bike as he is the most talented rider I have ever seen..

He has done a brilliant job for the Robins and for that I thank him and I would love to see him achieve all that he can in the sport... :t:

Get well soon Darcy... :t::t:

• Like 6

As a fellow Poole fan has put on the Poole forum, wouldn't it be just the right thing for the next P V S meeting to be drawn 43-43?! Both sides to agree to drop 2 points each.

DW#43

#getwelldarcy

• Like 4

As a fellow Poole fan has put on the Poole forum, wouldn't it be just the right thing for the next P V S meeting to be drawn 43-43?! Both sides to agree to drop 2 points each.

DW#43

#getwelldarcy

What a fantastic suggestion

• Like 1

Tonight could be a rehersal for the playoff final with the Pirates clear in first position. Not taking anything away from our rivals.

The results tonight will determine who Poole will select to face in the semi finals with Belle Vue still in the mix the Pirates dont have a good track record against the Aces in 2015. Hopefully all will be sorted after tonights meetings.

Tonight could be a rehersal for the playoff final with the Pirates clear in first position. Not taking anything away from our rivals.

The results tonight will determine who Poole will select to face in the semi finals with Belle Vue still in the mix the Pirates dont have a good track record against the Aces in 2015. Hopefully all will be sorted after tonights meetings.

I thought the same.

I don't think Swindon are as strong now with Kildemand instead of Ward and also with Zengi as a heat leader instead of second string.

If Hans hadn't fell then bees would have only lost at the abbey by 4 and that was with King, Howarth & JK missing. They would have all scored more than the replacements did.

I think Poole could beat Swindon at the Abbey and then on their last visit to Poole they were thrashed. Swindon also have the weakest reserve pairing on paper.

Coventry are unpredictable at the moment. Been strong all year but recently had a dip. Harris is finding great form and Hans seems to be scoring better. Howarth knows Pooles track well. We have the reserve most likely to challenge Newman from the draft. However a lot will depend on what happens with JK replacement.

Coventry & Poole ride each other's tracks well.

Belle Vue seems to be a track Poole struggle on a bit, although I think Poole would do enough at home. However there's a question mark over Zagar now.

Hard to tell who will face who

Swindon will be looking to get something tonight.

Prediction 58-32

Edited by mdmc82

Tonights meeting will be tough for the Robins, I hope they put up a good performance and possibly get 1 point.

• Like 1

I personally hope that the play-off teams aren't confirmed until after Wednesday's meetings!! :wink:

MF seems in no particular rush to choose the semi-final opponents - until all teams' 1-7s are confirmed!!!!

ps I hope I can get closer to the right result than I did v KL - so here goes 48-42 (unless both teams agree a 43-43 draw!) DW#43

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1