British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Coventry V Swindon - 21/08/2015

Hows the weather looking? Is it worth a mad dash home from London for my first meeting at Brandon in a long time?

Is he part of the Shuttleworth collection, so he should be flying!

I've just researched him. Averaging a massive 4.78 in the NL this season. How did we get so lucky to book such a quality guest. This is exactly the sort of big name that will get the crowds flooding back in.

If Coventry have to go even lower to replace Garrity then it really is a complete farce. It will obviusly help us massively but what a f'ing joke. Feel for the Coventry fans as we had to watch some absolute chumps replace Worrall last season.

• Like 1

I've just researched him. Averaging a massive 4.78 in the NL this season. How did we get so lucky to book such a quality guest. This is exactly the sort of big name that will get the crowds flooding back in.

If Coventry have to go even lower to replace Garrity then it really is a complete farce. It will obviusly help us massively but what a f'ing joke. Feel for the Coventry fans as we had to watch some absolute chumps replace Worrall last season.

Can't get any lower he's last in the draft

Probably beat James Wright then. I think Garrity will ride, could be the easiest meeting of his career.

Edited by foreverblue

Can't get any lower he's last in the draft

Haha really?!! So it really is a new low then!

I must stress that I'm not mocking the riders in all of this. Its not their fault they are put in these silly situations by a badly thought out plan to save some cash.

If Swindon have Wright and Shuttleworth then Garrity riding with half a brain and only 1 arm would still be good for 7 or 8 points! At worst he only takes 3 rides.

Well isn't that just typical. Trying to find a good guest and R/R to help you win. Cheating Bees.

Us get a good guest in..??? Don't make me laugh cheap is best is the Coventry policy.... Hahahahahahha

Lol don't even joke about it.

Robson is hoping to be back Friday although as much as I like the guy, he's not going to be able to beat any of Swindon's top 5.

King's away form may be inconsistent but at Brandon he has been very good. Will have to be one hell of a cherry pick to replace him if out.

Oh dear I really hope he's not. No offence but Robbo should have been replaced by now.

Maybe Matt Ford has had a word with Greg and given him a slow bike to borrow!

nailed on cert id have said.

Pretty poor that 3 hours before the meeting fans don't know the side for tonight unless we are to believe the Swindon press release?

• Like 2

Gonna leave it tonight I think. No info from club regarding team as of 4pm says it all really. Looks as though its gonna be 2 guests minimum possibly 4 depending on Danny and Jason or 2 guests and 2 injured riders racing, not a good scenario for us paying fans. It smacks of one of those meetings that turn out to be a farce before its even started. Not gonna waste petrol and money on it. Best result for us is if it pisses it down. Not forecast though.

• Like 1

Please tell the supporters what's going on Neil Watson!

They don't themselves clueless

Pretty poor that 3 hours before the meeting fans don't know the side for tonight unless we are to believe the Swindon press release?

Even the Swindon press release says Coventry have injury concerns over several riders, which suggests nothing was confirmed on who was riding.

I imagine what's taking so long is they have left it to check if King or Garrity are fit to ride today and they have said no which means they are now trying to find guests. With no riders left on the draft (except Morris who might not be allowed to guest even though Sarjeant guested for King's Lynn yesterday) we may now be asking to add a lower rider to it.

As for the Robson situation, there was always a chance he would be out so surely they had a guest on standby?

It has the feel of one of those meetings where the results known really before it starts and it's just about getting it out of the way.

Imagine a lot of travelling Coventry fans will leave it, as no team news. Could be a low crowd tonight

Edited by mdmc82