British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Coventry V Swindon - 21/08/2015

If Swindon have Wright and Shuttleworth then Garrity riding with half a brain and only 1 arm would still be good for 7 or 8 points! At worst he only takes 3 rides.

I mention his brain and it spirals out of control, he will need his arms or at least his elbows!

Even the Swindon press release says Coventry have injury concerns over several riders, which suggests nothing was confirmed on who was riding.

I imagine what's taking so long is they have left it to check if King or Garrity are fit to ride today and they have said no which means they are now trying to find guests. With no riders left on the draft (except Morris who might not be allowed to guest even though Sarjeant guested for King's Lynn yesterday) we may now be asking to add a lower rider to it.

As for the Robson situation, there was always a chance he would be out so surely they had a guest on standby?

It has the feel of one of those meetings where the results known really before it starts and it's just about getting it out of the way.

Imagine a lot of travelling Coventry fans will leave it, as no team news. Could be a low crowd tonight

A total lack of thought for the supporters especially the Swindon fans.
  • Like 1

maybe theres no change from the team news on official website?

this could be a vital match , stop being so downbeat ,

Edited by heathen chemistry

This is terrible from the Coventry Management.............................They would of known if King and Garrity were riding by now..................Also they would of had guests booked by now.....

Riders do need time to travel just Over 3 hours left and still utter silence.

I am sure the riders know, they are just not letting the paying public know, maybe they think it is to their advantage or they are just leaving it to the last possible moment in the hope that Garrity will be able to take his place.

The danger is of course that if Garrity rides and has a fall and has to withdraw from the meeting then that would be very costly for Coventry.

maybe theres no change from the team news on official website?

this could be a vital match , stop being so downbeat ,

That's the thing, there is no team news on the official website!

That's the thing, there is no team news on the official website!

Good attempt on twitter to get some information out of them! The old "my friend is leaving soon" trick! Judging by the silence I would be worried! If they had a full team and know people are thinking of not going then surely they would have said at lunchtime

Good attempt on twitter to get some information out of them! The old "my friend is leaving soon" trick! Judging by the silence I would be worried! If they had a full team and know people are thinking of not going then surely they would have said at lunchtime

My friend and her sister live in In Halesowen so not too far, however they have now decided to give it a miss as the silence from the promotion this near to the meeting can only mean bad news.

I imagine there are a lot who will feel the same. Why pay £18 and find out the team as you enter the stadium.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I've just heard from someone in the know that both King & Garrity are riding. If that turns out to be true then I don't understand why they aren't releasing the team news?

This might not be correct so don't take it as gospel, just sharing what I've heard!

• Like 1

A post on Facebook suggesting Danny Ayers is guesting tonight. NL average 7.78.

My friend and her sister live in In Halesowen so not too far, however they have now decided to give it a miss as the silence from the promotion this near to the meeting can only mean bad news.

I imagine there are a lot who will feel the same. Why pay £18 and find out the team as you enter the stadium.

To be fair you do for most sports but obviously we are used to getting teams at least 24 hours before. Edited by woz01

To be fair you do for most sports but obviously we are used to getting teams at least 24 hours before.

Quite true, don't know who is playing for a football team until an hour before it starts.

For who?

If he is then im guessing for Garrity. If it is true we should still outscore them at reserve.

Edited by woz01

If that is the case than you can see why no team news announced! I'm a season ticket holder and even I would consider sitting it out.

Would have been better to use our own rider in Shuttleworth than Ayers.

Quite true, don't know who is playing for a football team until an hour before it starts.

I can only think of Rugby that names sides a few days before.

If that is the case than you can see why no team news announced! I'm a season ticket holder and even I would consider sitting it out.

Would have been better to use our own rider in Shuttleworth than Ayers.

Ayers is 3 points better than Shuttleworth in the NL. You pick the best rider possible don't you?