British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Coventry V Swindon - 21/08/2015

Silence is very much deafening here.. very poor feedback from the management..

Since Friday, it's only been Neil Watson's comment on here I believe and that was a pathetic little swipe about stories. Quite unbelievable really...Iif you you're not straight with people, they try to find their own answers, nothing to do with stories. It's down to the utter contempt you show your paying public and then you get arsey with them..

Good work! :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Since Friday, it's only been Neil Watson's comment on here I believe and that was a pathetic little swipe about stories. Quite unbelievable really...Iif you you're not straight with people, they try to find their own answers, nothing to do with stories. It's down to the utter contempt you show your paying public and then you get arsey with them..

Good work! :rolleyes:

Spot on

• Like 1

Coventry supporters have been very positive on this forum as they have won matches at will,topped the league and swept all before them.A couple of injuries and a few defeats and suddenly the world has caved in,the promoter is useless and the sports in crisis.As good as Coventry have been this season you don,t have a divine right to win anything.

True we have no right to win anything I agree and don't worry we won't, but the promoter has always been a plonker as I've said on here ever since he took over. He consistently has treated our supporters with contempt and has taken advantage of the fact that we will support the team whatever, but there comes a time when enough is enough and friday night may have been the last straw for some coupled with the naivety of failing to strengthen the team a few weeks ago when it became possible. Robson had to go and Hans too as the reason he's at number four is because he's ridden like a number four and looks like he's going to be consistently beaten by other teams second strings. He's been carried by others in the team in many matches this season and the results the others have got for us have glossed over the fact. Its only been highlighted recently because one or two others form has dipped and he's failed to step up and cover for them as they did for him. He was signed as our no1 and has rarely rode as though he's anything like a no1.

• Like 5

True we have no right to win anything I agree and don't worry we won't, but the promoter has always been a plonker as I've said on here ever since he took over. He consistently has treated our supporters with contempt and has taken advantage of the fact that we will support the team whatever, but there comes a time when enough is enough and friday night may have been the last straw for some coupled with the naivety of failing to strengthen the team a few weeks ago when it became possible. Robson had to go and Hans too as the reason he's at number four is because he's ridden like a number four and looks like he's going to be consistently beaten by other teams second strings. He's been carried by others in the team in many matches this season and the results the others have got for us have glossed over the fact. Its only been highlighted recently because one or two others form has dipped and he's failed to step up and cover for them as they did for him. He was signed as our no1 and has rarely rode as though he's anything like a no1.

Sums it all up really.

You can't blame Hans for Friday - he wasn't riding! :rolleyes:

As has been said before other number 1s are in a similar position because of the race format (Lindgren and Holder spring to mind). On his current average I'm sure plenty clubs would look to sign him. If you don't appreciate him then you don't deserve his loyalty. Go Hansi!

• Like 1

You can't blame Hans for Friday - he wasn't riding! :rolleyes:

As has been said before other number 1s are in a similar position because of the race format (Lindgren and Holder spring to mind). On his current average I'm sure plenty clubs would look to sign him. If you don't appreciate him then you don't deserve his loyalty. Go Hansi!

He's not blaming him for Friday, he's saying it been season long issues and to be honest, it's been even longer than that!

• Like 1

Who was the alternative when Mick Horton took over ?,I don't remember a queue of willing promoters wanting to come in and spend money on a promotion that might be homeless in 3 years.Sure you want Robson and Hans out but who do you want in , whose available,how much will it cost and who's going to foot the bill,probably that plonker of a promoter you're running down. Sure things aren't perfect but on the whole Coventry's season has been a whole lot better than most

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

Who was the alternative when Mick Horton took over ?,I don't remember a queue of willing promoters wanting to come in and spend money on a promotion that might be homeless in 3 years.Sure you want Robson and Hans out but who do you want in , whose available,how much will it cost and who's going to foot the bill,probably that plonker of a promoter you're running down. Sure things aren't perfect but on the whole Coventry's season has been a whole lot better than most

There was a queue. Mick himself has been quoted in the paper saying there was. Same with Sandhu.

There was a queue. Mick himself has been quoted in the paper saying there was. Same with Sandhu.

Even if there hadn't been one, it doesn't excuse how they treat their punters now...

You could actually fill programme in by second bend, not very often you can say that. Even on rare occasions Coventry made the gate, they seemed to slow to let Swindon past. Bees gave impression they were not interested, unusual this season. Missed Garrity, and Danny King should not have ridden, although he did well for Ipswich on Saturday. Whilst would not disagree Robbo should have been replaced, especially with a head injury, it is not easy to find a rider who can be present at all remaining matches, four week after next , so it virtually rules out any Polish or Swedish riders, probably Kyle Howarth if out of work is the only one.

well if the plonker felt that way and didn't want to put anything into the club what a plonker he must indeed be for taking the club over in the first place. I'm very sorry but I and many others will not agree with such ridiculous reasoning as you have used. If you don't want to to foot the bill don't get involved. The season Coventry have had is the minor point to what I have been saying and which you seem to be oblivious to. The major point being the continual way our fans have been treated with contempt and I for one don't feel I owe him anything for taking the club over as that was his choice and he certainly was not mine. This statement you made typifys the way people like him are able to get away with treating people in the fashion that he does.

well if the plonker felt that way and didn't want to put anything into the club what a plonker he must indeed be for taking the club over in the first place. I'm very sorry but I and many others will not agree with such ridiculous reasoning as you have used. If you don't want to to foot the bill don't get involved. The season Coventry have had is the minor point to what I have been saying and which you seem to be oblivious to. The major point being the continual way our fans have been treated with contempt and I for one don't feel I owe him anything for taking the club over as that was his choice and he certainly was not mine. This statement you made typifys the way people like him are able to get away with treating people in the fashion that he does.

Maybe you should take the club over,put your money where your mouth is.As I said maybe Mick Horton is not perfect but he is prepared to put his money up front, probably to make a loss to put together a team which has topped the league for most of the year,if that makes him a plonker in your eyes then fine.

Edited by New Science

Maybe you should take the club over,put your money where your mouth is.As I said maybe Mick Horton is not perfect but he is prepared to put his money up front, probably to make a loss to put together a team which has topped the league for most of the year,if that makes him a plonker in your eyes then fine.

thought well as you still seem to be missing the point I don't know what else I can say. Here it is again If he doesn't want to put the cash in to better the team when it looked as though we had a chance to maybe win the play offs after spending money to get in that position what was the point taking over in the first place...???