British Speedway Forum
Pogo1

Glasgow V Somerset Sunday 23rd August.

To be beaten by a team with a wobbler at number 2 and Greenwood at reserve at home is nothing short of shambolic! Poor show from a few riders today!

Thank goodness Brady didn't take too well to the track or it could of been embarrassing!

Richie Worral should be expecting a fine through the door. Turning left on someone who is almost by you is shocking, the move in heat 14 was worse! He'll never make it pay like they!!!

• Like 1

Aaron's version and view on Worrall up on the website pretty much confirming what we all saw alway's liked watching Richie Worrall as he is a racer but has went way down in my estimation after today.

To be beaten by a team with a wobbler at number 2 and Greenwood at reserve at home is nothing short of shambolic! Poor show from a few riders today!

Thank goodness Brady didn't take too well to the track or it could of been embarrassing!

Richie Worral should be expecting a fine through the door. Turning left on someone who is almost by you is shocking, the move in heat 14 was worse! He'll never make it pay like they!!!

Agree totally but we need to take it on the chin and bounce back as all good teams do as i said 2nd is still ours to lose.

• Like 1

Mr Depenable Paul Starke - heat 14 was never in question today!

Summers was well in front, until his abacus failed.

• Like 5

Is Wally Dishcloth Garry May's love child?

wally dishington wasnt referee today ...it was peter clarke.

The Tigeratti on here are going on about Worrall's exclusions from heats 4 & 14,

What about the following regarding heat 7 as per the comment from Live Updates :-

"More carnage . Lawson excluded for putting Charles Wright off on the back straight lap 1. Charles Wright being treated in the ambulance for what looks like a shoulder problem."

Was Lawson's misdemeanor not worthy of mention/condemnation also :rolleyes:

• Like 4

The Tigeratti on here are going on about Worrall's exclusions from heats 4 & 14,

What about the following regarding heat 7 as per the comment from Live Updates :-

"More carnage . Lawson excluded for putting Charles Wright off on the back straight lap 1. Charles Wright being treated in the ambulance for what looks like a shoulder problem."

What about it?

Too many oppressive people on this thread ... it should be closed down! ;)

Edited by george.m

Just in case any Rebel fan's looking in think that Worrall's actions detract anything from the result what he did had no effect on the final score yes we threw a lot off points away but Somerset took advantage this was our fault not there's and fully deserved the win.

Worrall though that is a different matter there really is no place in Speedway in what he did today it is dangerous enough as we saw what happened to Lewis Kerr a couple off weeks ago in a racing incident but for a rider to go out and ride the way he did in Ht 14 today well that i am afraid crossed the line.

That was a racing incident Cyclone no malice we see them every other week but if you had witnessed what Worrall done in Heat 14 you may get were we are coming from and to make a comparison when you weren't even there shows you would rather stir the sh*t and hope for a reaction .

Especially when not only 1 but 2 riders could have been injured disappointed at the smiley not something you should really try and get a reaction from considering the amount off injuries we have had this season but then again shows your mentality.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Just in case any Rebel fan's looking in think that Worrall's actions detract anything from the result what he did had no effect on the final score yes we threw a lot off points away but Somerset took advantage this was our fault not there's and fully deserved the win.

Worrall though that is a different matter there really is no place in Speedway in what he did today it is dangerous enough as we saw what happened to Lewis Rose a couple off weeks ago in a racing incident but for a rider to go out and ride the way he did in Ht 14 today well that i am afraid crossed the line.

That was a racing incident Cyclone no malice we see them every other week but if you had witnessed what Worrall done in Heat 14 you may get were we are coming from and to make a comparison when you weren't even there shows you would rather stir the sh*t and hope for a reaction .

Especially when not only 1 but 2 riders could have been injured disappointed at the smiley not something you should really try and get a reaction from considering the amount off injuries we have had this season but then again shows your mentality.

Yes, Gaz, we had our pants take down and our arses spanked by the better and more hungry team. No doubt.

Worrall's post incident actions crossed the line, and I'll give Cyclone the benefit of the doubt as he's a reasonable poster ... on track racing incidents are part of the sport (whether right or wrong) ... violent conduct towards others can't really be compared with it.

• Like 1

Yes, Gaz, we had our pants take down and our arses spanked by the better and more hungry team. No doubt.

Worrall's post incident actions crossed the line, and I'll give Cyclone the benefit of the doubt as he's a reasonable poster ... on track racing incidents are part of the sport (whether right or wrong) ... violent conduct towards others can't really be compared with it.

No problem with Cyclone just think it was a poor post goading a reaction to a racing incident and comparing it to a malicious act , in his haste to have a dig he has condoned what everyone witnessed today i agree not the norm from him but a poor post all the same.

• Like 2

No problem with Cyclone just think it was a poor post goading a reaction to a racing incident and comparing it to a malicious act , in his haste to have a dig he has condoned what everyone witnessed today i agree not the norm from him but a poor post all the same.

You obviously have a comprehension problem in presuming I condoned what happened in heat 14.

To remind you the Updates stated :

If the above description was inaccurate then say so, if not, then my query was why was no comment made about Lawson's exclusion in heat 7 also ?

Anyway thanks for clarifying that Lawson being excluded for putting Wright off on the back straight lap 1, which resulted in Chas being treated in the ambulance was merely a "racing incident".

You obviously have a comprehension problem in presuming I condoned what happened in heat 14.

To remind you the Updates stated :

If the above description was inaccurate then say so, if not, then my query was why was no comment made about Lawson's exclusion in heat 7 also ?

Anyway thanks for clarifying that Lawson being excluded for putting Wright off on the back straight lap 1, which resulted in Chas being treated in the ambulance was merely a "racing incident".

Did i say it was inaccurate difference being one was with intent to inflict damage the other one was not and if you are unable to comprehend the difference by the updates then would it not be better to not comment on one and highlight it.

And as i stated above there was no intent by Lawson to take Wright out there was Intent by Worrall to go after Summers and indeed in the process wiping Starke out also.

Anyway thanks for clarifying that you only read the updates but only highlighted the Lawson incident hope this clears this up for you.

Did i say it was inaccurate difference being one was with intent to inflict damage the other one was not and if you are unable to comprehend the difference by the updates then would it not be better to not comment on one and highlight it.

And as i stated above there was no intent by Lawson to take Wright out there was Intent by Worrall to go after Summers and indeed in the process wiping Starke out also.

Anyway thanks for clarifying that you only read the updates but only highlighted the Lawson incident hope this clears this up for you.

On what basis can you confirm there was intent or no intent by the riders concerned ?

Did they confide in you after the events or are the above your subjective presumptions ?

Certainly your presumptions about my posts certainly display a clear lack of comprehending what was actually stated by concluding that I condoned what happened in heat 14.

• Like 2

I'd love to comment on this thread but I was too pissed today but enjoyed myself today. Worral seems to have crossed the mark but as I say too much beer in the sun. What I think I saw was a healthy crowd and close racing. I really love my days at the speedway but alcohol....has alot to answer for..lol

Edited by baba
  • Like 1

On what basis can you confirm there was intent or no intent by the riders concerned ?

Did they confide in you after the events or are the above your subjective presumptions ?

Certainly your presumptions about my posts certainly display a clear lack of comprehending what was actually stated by concluding that I condoned what happened in heat 14.

What exactly are you getting at accidents happen day in day out week in week out FFS at every track in the country but by your own admission you would rather highlight an incident involving Lawson and it suits your stupid wee agenda because he rides for Glasgow.

Now i also seem to remember a certain incident involving Nick Morris & Joe Tabaka and you all had your say on this and that and rightly so but you off all people come on here to highlight something because you want to stir the s*it but after witnessing incidents yesterday you don't need anyone to confide in anyone to know and another stupid comment from someone watching a computer screen.

Now as you have said you have not condoned heat 14 and Worrall's actions but at the same time you have not condemned them either because why? let me give you my theory you are a bitter little Monarch who would rather bring up something anti Glasgow and make something out that is not there rather than absorb the views off the many who saw what happened.

And then to finally round it off you try to be the smart a*se to deflect your own comments based on reading the updates your powers off esp must be miraculous give it a break FFS it is really pretty pathetic.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Re heat 7 could have been called either way where i was both clashed going along back straight. Wright took a run back in the ambulance [was not carried in a stretcher ] and came straight out and finished behind his partner overtaking Palovaara.This is for Cyclone as you seem to want a report on heat 7

Edited by MANSE