British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Somerset Rebels Vs Peterborough Panthers, 28/8/15

Barker will be back in devon imo

Plymouth getting that chequebook back out again?

• Like 1

Barker is poor, Lambert would get more than 3,2,2

Typical comment from the geezer who thought Somerset was in Devon last season.

Barker provided plenty of entertainment as usual. Two terrific tussles with Richie Worrall, and managing to enrage the Somerset faithful (as per usual) with his combative style of racing. Like him or not he is a 100% racer.

• Like 3

Typical comment from the geezer who thought Somerset was in Devon last season.

Barker provided plenty of entertainment as usual. Two terrific tussles with Richie Worrall, and managing to enrage the Somerset faithful (as per usual) with his combative style of racing. Like him or not he is a 100% racer.

I don't follow your logic as Lambert is also undoubtedly a "100% racer" with a combative style and if he would have scored more points than Barker wouldn't that be better for the team and contribute towards winning the match? In my opinion if Lambert was still riding for us we would not have been so humiliated by Ipswich and Somerset.

• Like 1

Worked so well when we had Nicki lol

He wasn't the problem. It was Batchelor and also sticking with under performing Poles

A fully fit Barker only achieved a 7.75 average before his injury

Crashing in heat 13 of his 1st meeting of the season and returning earlier than he should have from broken bones in his hand played a massive part in his dip in for IMO! A fully fit Barker is a genuine no.1!

• Like 1

I don't follow your logic as Lambert is also undoubtedly a "100% racer" with a combative style and if he would have scored more points than Barker wouldn't that be better for the team and contribute towards winning the match? In my opinion if Lambert was still riding for us we would not have been so humiliated by Ipswich and Somerset.

My logic is that having just returned from a serious back injury and scoring 7 points from 3 rides is not 'poor' at all. He also put himself about, mixing it with the Rebels top riders whilst doing so. It does make me smile that someone describes him as poor when he wasn't even there!

My logic is that having just returned from a serious back injury and scoring 7 points from 3 rides is not 'poor' at all. He also put himself about, mixing it with the Rebels top riders whilst doing so. It does make me smile that someone describes him as poor when he wasn't even there!

In fairness to Barker, in the 3 (from memory) appearances at the OTA this season, this was by far his best. Two classic races with Worrall, as Kelv would say "proper speedway".

Agreed.

Ritchie said although he gets along ok with Barker, on track it's hard racing. Their first clash, Barker left him no room and Worrall was pretty cheesed off and refused the offer of a handshake after the race. However, in heat 15, Worrall did the same to Barker. As they made their way back to the pits, they did shake hands, but Ritchie said to him " that's one all now".

Hard, tough, racing, but the type of racing that makes you return the next week.

My logic is that having just returned from a serious back injury and scoring 7 points from 3 rides is not 'poor' at all. He also put himself about, mixing it with the Rebels top riders whilst doing so. It does make me smile that someone describes him as poor when he wasn't even there![/

Another contributor described Barker as poor and whether he was at the meeting or not is irrelevant. Fact is that Barker scored a mere 7 points and the Panthers were well and truly stuffed. My view which I accept is contrary to many if not most of the Panthers contributors here is that Robert Lambert was the best rider Panthers had and had he been fit and still riding I expect he would have scored more. However, I sincerely hope Barker does brilliantly for the Panthers because I want to see us win the league. My concern is that on current form with have slim chance of achieving that.

Well let's be honest, Panthers won't win the league, they simply aren't strong enough.

Maybe Lambert would have scored more (Barker scored 8 by the way) maybe he wouldn't. Who knows. Nevertheless, he is a decent signing that will give you 100%