British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Slovenian Gp Saturday 12th September 2015

Just a 67 year old average Joe who has not made any unsubstantiated claims about anything. Therefore people have no interest in knowing who I am.

Have to say, I cannot understand why Robert is so reluctant to reveal who he is, if his claims are genuine. If these things are true, I would be perfectly happy to confirm my identity - why wouldn't I? You have to see, Robert, that by not being prepared to do so, people will question you. I must say, I find it hard to believe an ex rider would be quite as rude & aggressive as you have been in this situation.

I am sat here with a good friend who is also an ex rider, far better than me, he said he came off the forum ages ago due to abusive remarks, however I don't care if I am questioned , how have I been rude ?

I am sat here with a good friend who is also an ex rider, far better than me, he said he came off the forum ages ago due to abusive remarks, however I don't care if I am questioned , how have I been rude ?

Well I cannot argue with that, but I do feel that if you make claims as you have & you have been quite rude - you called Niamh a "clueless dreamer" you should back it up with facts. No one is abusing you here, but you have made some pretty significant claims & then just argue the toss with people without substantiating your knowledge, which is why some people think you are a troll.

Well I cannot argue with that, but I do feel that if you make claims as you have & you have been quite rude - you called Niamh a "clueless dreamer" you should back it up with facts. No one is abusing you here, but you have made some pretty significant claims & then just argue the toss with people without substantiating your knowledge, which is why some people think you are a troll.

Dave, I was called Walter Mitty and other things by Niamh, is it one rule for one and a different rule for another.

Your wrong,Bwitcher doubted my knowledge and then asked me several questions about set ups ect, I replied and was happy with my knowledge and that was put that to bed. I was asked about tracks and several said I was very knowledgable but so I should be, not after brownie points because most of us are on the same page and care about the state our sport is in and it's a lot worse than most think.

Dave, I was called Walter Mitty

It's not difficult to refute... but anyone can claim to be an experienced rider or mechanic.

Niamh

• Like 1

Dave, I was called Walter Mitty and other things by Niamh, is it one rule for one and a different rule for another.

Your wrong,Bwitcher doubted my knowledge and then asked me several questions about set ups ect, I replied and was happy with my knowledge and that was put that to bed. I was asked about tracks and several said I was very knowledgable but so I should be, not after brownie points because most of us are on the same page and care about the state our sport is in and it's a lot worse than most think.

Not getting into titfortat who called who what, but Walter Mitty? If you just said who you are, the issue goes away. Further, Niamh isn't refusing to reveal their identity. Nor am I doubting your exchange with BWitcher, although I'm not looking it all up. However, try & see things from the POV of the other forum users. You make suggestions that Woffinden's bike are strangely fast, then cannot justify them & then won't confirm who you are, which would give your claims credibility, whereas at the moment, they lack any.

Knowledgeable you may be, but your comments regarding Woffinden's machinery are off the mark. His bikes are quick, end of. Other riders bikes are fast too & over time, other riders have had the same scenario, Tony Rickardsson the most recent who seemed ahead of the game. Therefore your comments about how quick his bike are do you no credit. I don't know you from Adam, but you have made yourself look daft with some of the comments you have made in this regard. The fact that he was beaten by Hancock & Kildemand & then dropped points in Sweden last night indicate to me that his bikes are quick, but not so much that it seems out of the ordinary.

Put to bed by the news that the first 3 from Krsko had their engines tested & were found to be legal. As such, your comments hold no water.

Edited by Dave the Mic

I for one would like to know if robert72's real name is Robert and if 72 was the year he rode against all these British and World Champions. If so it should be easy to find out who he is.

If robert72 is just a username why is he reluctant to open up?. If I had ridden against such esteemed opposition I would be crowing about it, unless i came last inj every race of course in which case I would never have mentioned the fact.

Come on Rob...tell us who you rode against, where you raced and when then us forum members can give credit where it's due.

Given he said he raced against mark loram I would be very surprised if he was racing in 1972.

Rob Tilbury and Robbie fuller are two "Roberts" from lorams era if Robert is his name

"If"

The name dropping and bragging by 2 people on here!!!!....if hes for real, the arrogance, just cos hes rode a bike!.....get over yourself!

Given he said he raced against mark loram I would be very surprised if he was racing in 1972.

Rob Tilbury and Robbie fuller are two "Roberts" from lorams era if Robert is his name

it certainly isn't Rob Tilbury! Him and Mark were good buddies and even went to South Africa back in the late 80's with Mark and Chris Louis and the Tatums. Robert Ledwith? I'm guessing 72 is his year of birth

it certainly isn't Rob Tilbury! Him and Mark were good buddies and even went to South Africa back in the late 80's with Mark and Chris Louis and the Tatums. Robert Ledwith? I'm guessing 72 is his year of birth

Or dress size?

• Like 1

How about you putting £5k on a table and I will match it, if I can't prove i have raced against at least 5 world champions then my £5k would go to tai woffindens great ormand street charity when I show you I have then your £5k goes to that charity. I am up for it are you ? Let's see who is full of crap ?

Come on Niamh lets see you take the challenge.

• Like 1