British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester V Poole, Mon 31st Aug 2015 (lions Last Home Meeting Of The Season) In August! Whats Happened?

I think that Leicester should try to arrange a challenge match Rest of the world select vs Australia select with profits after operating costs going to Darcy Ward foundation I am sure they could get some riders to ride for less than usual wage and am confident Midlands speedway fans would support the meeting

If they ran a meeting like this, I would think the riders, would only ask for the club to cover for the cost of transport and fuel etc, and this should be covered by the SCB out of funds.

Really hope that the Lions come on strong next season, with no disapearing majic acts and no injuries. This year their luck just ran out. Only after a month and a half and then the rot started to set in. Can't get any worse next year can it. I think the management have now got to understand that you can't run an EL team on a shoestring budget

If they ran a meeting like this, I would think the riders, would only ask for the club to cover for the cost of transport and fuel etc, and this should be covered by the SCB out of funds.

Really hope that the Lions come on strong next season, with no disapearing majic acts and no injuries. This year their luck just ran out. Only after a month and a half and then the rot started to set in. Can't get any worse next year can it. I think the management have now got to understand that you can't run an EL team on a shoestring budget

You privvy to operating costs at Leicester, do you really think it's. Shoestring budget? Aussies and Poles don't come cheap I'm sure!!

surly your promotion must have the gumption to put together come individual challenge meeting or a Midlands challenge match.

With 2 months of the season left the Promotion should look to arrange and then promote...

People who still believe the EL season extends to the end of October should think again. With the Aussie GP on 24/10 and the BSPA AGM brought forward a month to 17th October and Polish/Swedish play-offs also scheduled for September, its becoming a 6-month April-September season.

The only thing that may extend it this season is any special Darcy Ward meeting?!

Lots of racing before this one gets under way. Be interesting to see how Doyle, Holder & Janowski handle the GP. Got to hope Poole are competitive but would quite understand if they were to concentrate on there last two home fixtures. Are Newman & Starke doing Premier League in the afternoon before this one? Who will cover for Auty? At this stage I'll go for a home win by 10.

I'm told both of Poole's EDR expect to make it from Premier League afternoon meetings, as will Charles Wright who will stand in for Auty so at this point expected teams are:

Lions - Doyle, Masters, Walasek, Wozniak, Swiderski, C Wright, Neilson

Pirates - Holder, North, Watt, Gomolski, Janowski, Starke, Newman

Still think this is a home win by 10.

I'm told both of Poole's EDR expect to make it from Premier League afternoon meetings, as will Charles Wright who will stand in for Auty so at this point expected teams are:

Lions - Doyle, Masters, Walasek, Wozniak, Swiderski, C Wright, Neilson

Pirates - Holder, North, Watt, Gomolski, Janowski, Starke, Newman

Still think this is a home win by 10.

Presume it will be Lambert at reserve not Nielsen, as Nielsen will be at Wolves with Belle Vue. And although Lambert is at Peterborough they start at 3.00pm, so should be at Leicester along with Starke & C.Wright who all ride in the same meeting.If he is riding hope he looks fitter than he did last week, when he certainly didn't appear anywhere near 100% , not helped by the fact Wozniak nearly wiped him out causing to shut off & lose a place in heat 4.

Looking at the latest weather forecast, it doesn't look too good. Maybe Shale Searcher can give us his forecast, he's usually pretty accurate.

surly your promotion must have the gumption to put together come individual challenge meeting or a Midlands challenge match.

With 2 months of the season left the Promotion should look to arrange and then promote...

According to inside info and from their past experience, it would not be worth opening the gates for any additional meetings!!

Presume it will be Lambert at reserve not Nielsen, as Nielsen will be at Wolves with Belle Vue. And although Lambert is at Peterborough they start at 3.00pm, so should be at Leicester along with Starke & C.Wright who all ride in the same meeting.If he is riding hope he looks fitter than he did last week, when he certainly didn't appear anywhere near 100% , not helped by the fact Wozniak nearly wiped him out causing to shut off & lose a place in heat 4.

Looking at the latest weather forecast, it doesn't look too good. Maybe Shale Searcher can give us his forecast, he's usually pretty accurate.

Hi, thanks!!

The weather this extended weekend is an absolute horror show to forecast..

Very very complex weather patterns, lots of systems all banging on the UK, trying to get in... Could be very warm, very wet, reasonably dry, thundery....

Will attempt a forecast tonight, (Saturday) after the GP and Saturdays model runs.....

• Like 1

Hi, thanks!!

The weather this extended weekend is an absolute horror show to forecast..

Very very complex weather patterns, lots of systems all banging on the UK, trying to get in... Could be very warm, very wet, reasonably dry, thundery....

Will attempt a forecast tonight, (Saturday) after the GP and Saturdays model runs.....

Have a look at the Daily Express. They are the Weather paper ... :o:rofl:

• Like 1

Ok, here goes..

We have a flabby (thermal low) trailing from beyond Cornwall and diagonally up and out through the south of the Wash..

This is different to the usual cyclogenic type of low pressure.. It has lots of moisture wrapped up in it, but they are hard to plot.. Leicester will be very wet overnight Sunday into Monday, and most of Monday morning, but now indications pop for it drying up around lunchtime. Sunshine will be limited and it won't be Summer temps, but it looks likely now to be dry from Noon'ish maybe 1pm onwards. We have great drains, and great staff, in my opinion, we'll be ok..

• Like 1

Ok, here goes..

We have a flabby (thermal low) trailing from beyond Cornwall and diagonally up and out through the south of the Wash..

This is different to the usual cyclogenic type of low pressure.. It has lots of moisture wrapped up in it, but they are hard to plot.. Leicester will be very wet overnight Sunday into Monday, and most of Monday morning, but now indications pop for it drying up around lunchtime. Sunshine will be limited and it won't be Summer temps, but it looks likely now to be dry from Noon'ish maybe 1pm onwards. We have great drains, and great staff, in my opinion, we'll be ok..

Not bad, but i think i would prefere Lucy Verasamy... :P

Edited by Starman2006

The weather patterns for today and Monday are very un prdictable. There is a ridge of High pressure out in the atlantic and a low forming over the wash, it will be a battle to see which one wins out,

The forcast I read today on Net Weather TV have also given up on what is really going to happen, they are looking at rain moving up the country from the South, not sure from the pattens wether, the rain will stay to the South coast or slowly move up the country, we have had some light showers here in South Derbyshire and the pressure is still falling slowly.

I feel that we may get away with a fairly warm day with a few light showers, we will have to wait and see. Hope it does stay fine this being the final home meeting on Monday.

The weather patterns for today and Monday are very un prdictable. There is a ridge of High pressure out in the atlantic and a low forming over the wash, it will be a battle to see which one wins out,

The forcast I read today on Net Weather TV have also given up on what is really going to happen, they are looking at rain moving up the country from the South, not sure from the pattens wether, the rain will stay to the South coast or slowly move up the country, we have had some light showers here in South Derbyshire and the pressure is still falling slowly.

I feel that we may get away with a fairly warm day with a few light showers, we will have to wait and see. Hope it does stay fine this being the final home meeting on Monday.

Problem is, if this did go to the weather, when would there be a restaging ? And i havn't heard anything about the cut off date being changed ?

Problem is, if this did go to the weather, when would there be a restaging ? And i havn't heard anything about the cut off date being changed ?

I presume if it's rained off, the re-staging date would be next Saturday, 5th Sept. as there is no GP.

The Lions have a reserved day on the 12th of September, so I think it would be run then, that is if it doesn't clash with anything the Pirates are doing on that date.

The Lions have a reserved day on the 12th of September, so I think it would be run then, that is if it doesn't clash with anything the Pirates are doing on that date.

Can't see Poole agreeing to that as its after the cut off date.

• Like 1