British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Having read the piece on the Speedway GB website - DH does come across somewhat bitter about Doyley leaving - and the time he invested in advising him about his visa!

Theres always 1 ,who cant see the point and tries to make something else from what they have read .

Have you ever thought the problem is in what you wrote rather than my interpretation of it - didn't think so!

• Like 1

Having read the piece on the Speedway GB website - DH does come across somewhat bitter about Doyley leaving - and the time he invested in advising him about his visa!

Very bitter!

Doyle apparently made it clear that a Saturday track wouldn't work in the future and talk about stating the blooming obvious!

Think he was clear as he basically was saying change you're race night and I'll stay and when would any promotion do that for one rider?

DH Should have moved on the minute he was told you need to make changes to make it happen.

Partially he only has himself to blame if he was expecting Doyle to change his mind!

Very bitter!

Doyle apparently made it clear that a Saturday track wouldn't work in the future and talk about stating the blooming obvious!

Think he was clear as he basically was saying change you're race night and I'll stay and when would any promotion do that for one rider?

DH Should have moved on the minute he was told you need to make changes to make it happen.

Partially he only has himself to blame if he was expecting Doyle to change his mind!

If you think that came across as bitter, you should have heard him on the radio.

That piece on speedwaygb might have been produced by Alan Jones as a media release on DH's behalf - so it will be the toned-down version

If you think that came across as bitter, you should have heard him on the radio.

That piece on speedwaygb might have been produced by Alan Jones as a media release on DH's behalf - so it will be the toned-down version

Very nearly had a listen but think he is trying to make Doyle the bad man, when in truth the fault Liss firmly at his own feet.

• Like 1

I can't really see any bitterness in the piece on speedwaygb website, just DH stating that he's saddened by Doyle's departure. If it's true that the club has invested a lot of time and effort re the visa application, then surely that's just a statement of fact?

With regard to DH's immoveable stance with the track and race night, whilst I don't agree with him, isn't it his business? Who in business doesn't want to do it their way?

Have you ever thought the problem is in what you wrote rather than my interpretation of it - didn't think so!

no I haven't . and dont intend to re-appraise anything I have written because I believe every word of what I wrote

Will those out there who are in the know give us a clue as to who DH might sign up for next season? I would like to see Masters back again. I thought he did a good job at no. 2 and could improve quite a bit. I liked his tangle with the man fans like to hate in the Aussie G.P.

no I haven't . and dont intend to re-appraise anything I have written because I believe every word of what I wrote

QED :rolleyes:

1 Valve - Yes fellow elite league clubs would have been very happy for Leicester to have ran midweek as stated previously they struggle to get their riders to go to Leicester to ride in away fixture. In fact I am told some promotors even encouraged Hemsley to change but NO he would not listen I fear for the future of the club and would not be at all surprised for him to announce that before Christmas that he cannot get a team together as riders won't come on Saturdays and that he is withdrawing from the league for a year.

Do you know what mid week nights were happily offered to DH from his fellow promoters? if it was any night then frankly he has missed a great opportunity as he should have said OK Friday it is and I suspect his crowd levels would have been no lower than Saturday. If however, there were limited nights available then that would not have been such a strong proposition to DH. If Friday was offered and he said no, then frankly, he has to rethink his business, marketing and promoting acumen.

Do you know what mid week nights were happily offered to DH from his fellow promoters? if it was any night then frankly he has missed a great opportunity as he should have said OK Friday it is and I suspect his crowd levels would have been no lower than Saturday. If however, there were limited nights available then that would not have been such a strong proposition to DH. If Friday was offered and he said no, then frankly, he has to rethink his business, marketing and promoting acumen.

Can't see Friday as an option with Coventry racing just down the road on that night.

No doubt DH will do what he feels is right for his business.

bearing in mind crowds at Leicester are the envy of plenty of clubs I think he has done a lot of things right.

• Like 1

Of course he has - but that doesn't excuse the things he's done wrong!!!

• Like 1

Can't see Friday as an option with Coventry racing just down the road on that night.

Surely, two clubs as close as these two, could run on alternate weeks. When the League eventually goes to specific nights, this would be a ideal situation when supporter s from both clubs could follow the sport on a weekly basis.

I very often go to EESG to support Peterborough as well as Lynn. Having a weekly fix would be brilliant..... :t:

• Like 2

Surely, two clubs as close as these two, could run on alternate weeks. When the League eventually goes to specific nights, this would be a ideal situation when supporter s from both clubs could follow the sport on a weekly basis.

I very often go to EESG to support Peterborough as well as Lynn. Having a weekly fix would be brilliant..... :t:

Not enough Fridays available once you factor in GPs, SWC and various qualifiers. Edited by woz01