British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Get Steady in a as a double upper.

Depends if he's on the heat leader list. Think after his injury he'd be a risk in a heat leader role. Definitely worth it if we could get him as second string. Stead and masters at second string, both could push most heat leaders on their day and would give us great strength in depth...

Think most lions fans would love to have Simon back, top rider, even better bloke

• Like 2

Not been here for a while but just reading post 1 of this thread i wondered how DH is getting on aligning the sport with the professional organisations he deals with in his day job as an architect. Hopefully his wealth of knowledge in dealing with less amateurish sportsfolk has not only helped the sport move forward but has helped him put Lions on a equal footing with the other elite league clubs this year. So for a quick overview and to get me up to date, hows it's going... all good?

They did have someone dressed as a lion at London Road station, after the 2015 season had ended and five months before next season starts.

Why would he (or me for that matter) lie?!

I suppose him saying he was happy at wolves is a lie tho.

Thought not.

Keep spinning that yarn!!

Why would he (or me for that matter) lie?!

Be good if you could take this outside Edited by TMW

They did have someone dressed as a lion at London Road station, after the 2015 season had ended and five months before next season starts.

That was someone waiting for a taxi after a stag do.

Maybe with it being close to the festive season perhaps the Pantomime Horse would be more apt

Edited by Shirl

Not been here for a while but just reading post 1 of this thread i wondered how DH is getting on aligning the sport with the professional organisations he deals with in his day job as an architect. Hopefully his wealth of knowledge in dealing with less amateurish sportsfolk has not only helped the sport move forward but has helped him put Lions on a equal footing with the other elite league clubs this year. So for a quick overview and to get me up to date, hows it's going... all good?

As it looks a case of mostly handbags at five paces on here at the moment, as the starter of this thread whose post you referred to, I will do my best to give your post the response it deserves although I suppose that only an official club spokesperson can provide the definitive answer!

So instead of that, my guess, probably wildly wrong. That statement in the Poole programme just increased the already high level of "endearment" of DH among fellow promoters,adding to the previous instances such as his public criticism of the KL track, the niggles with Swindon over match fixture dates, the Doyle non-transfer saga, his team manager's public outburst against the BSPA management committee and possibly many more who knows. The other promoters may be wishing they had not admitted Leicester into the league, with their poor teams, dire track,adherence to unpopular (with the other teams and riders) Saturdays race night, and a promoter who thinks he can tell them how to run the whole show when he's not exactly brilliant at running his own. So I'd not be surprised if he's now about as popular as Denis Neilsen turning up at a bring your own food party and that his "ideas" aren't being given any consideration. But I could be wrong of course.

• Like 2

As it looks a case of mostly handbags at five paces on here at the moment, as the starter of this thread whose post you referred to, I will do my best to give your post the response it deserves although I suppose that only an official club spokesperson can provide the definitive answer!

So instead of that, my guess, probably wildly wrong. That statement in the Poole programme just increased the already high level of "endearment" of DH among fellow promoters,adding to the previous instances such as his public criticism of the KL track, the niggles with Swindon over match fixture dates, the Doyle non-transfer saga, his team manager's public outburst against the BSPA management committee and possibly many more who knows. The other promoters may be wishing they had not admitted Leicester into the league, with their poor teams, dire track,adherence to unpopular (with the other teams and riders) Saturdays race night, and a promoter who thinks he can tell them how to run the whole show when he's not exactly brilliant at running his own. So I'd not be surprised if he's now about as popular as Denis Neilsen turning up at a bring your own food party and that his "ideas" aren't being given any consideration. But I could be wrong of course.

I think unpopular is an understatement.

Also Why do sky Only show One Leicester match per season, does that not say something.

I think your right other promotors will be wishing Leicester were not part of the EL

• Like 2

So the news is now out about Sam Masters losing patience with DH & signing for Wolves instead.

Sam wanted a return to Leicester in 2016 but the deal he was offered was only on par with PL points money & he was told to take it or leave it so thats what he did.

Worrying times for the lions

So the news is now out about Sam Masters losing patience with DH & signing for Wolves instead.

Sam wanted a return to Leicester in 2016 but the deal he was offered was only on par with PL points money & he was told to take it or leave it so thats what he did.

Not good news is it?

Was really hoping we'd see Sam back... hope the promoters are gunna pull their finger out and make some good signings soon (and they'll have to be bloody good). To lose Doyle and Sam for what sounds like the fault of our promotion is very frustrating.

Auty and Starke must be feeling a bit uncomfortable at the moment? There are still a couple of vacancies at 6 and 7 elsewhere i think. If i were them i'd be making enquiries.

Auty and Starke must be feeling a bit uncomfortable at the moment? There are still a couple of vacancies at 6 and 7 elsewhere i think. If i were them i'd be making enquiries.

Almost feel sorry for Starke and I'm a Lions fan! Auty I think was very happy at Leicester last year and I don't think he'll be as concerned. Starke's sorta been lumped with us after the draft and coming from Poole last year... probably isn't gunna overly inspiring to see us failing to sign even the few riders that actually want to ride for us!

Genuinely worried about Leicester now. Losing Doyle was a killer blow but I hoped maybe a kick up the backside. I then assumed they'd get KK as they really needed him. Now to lose Masters too. What left for them? I stand by what I said last month, a 40.5 point limit is too high, 38 was much closer to where it should have been. How sad that the morons running the league seem to have missed this and have potentially killed, or at least put the knife in and left it on life support, Leicester speedway :(

But it's OK Leciester fans. Poole have got Krzysztof Buczkowski (you know, the guy you had as second heat leader 2 seasons ago) as a second string within the rules and are going to be fine building upto a 40.5 limit plus they have the bonus of Newman on a bargain average in reserve so the Poole fans will be happy.

Genuinely worried about Leicester now. Losing Doyle was a killer blow but I hoped maybe a kick up the backside. I then assumed they'd get KK as they really needed him. Now to lose Masters too. What left for them? I stand by what I said last month, a 40.5 point limit is too high, 38 was much closer to where it should have been. How sad that the morons running the league seem to have missed this and have potentially killed, or at least put the knife in and left it on life support, Leicester speedway :(

But it's OK Leciester fans. Poole have got Krzysztof Buczkowski (you know, the guy you had as second heat leader 2 seasons ago) as a second string within the rules and are going to be fine building upto a 40.5 limit plus they have the bonus of Newman on a bargain average in reserve so the Poole fans will be happy.

Every time I read the last paragraph I roll my eyes. Yes, I am happy with the Poole team so far but not at the expense of other teams in the league.

The Leicester promoter doesn't exactly help himself, like you said yourself.