British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Leicester should be heavily fined if they field that team above.

Walasek, wozniak, compton, klindt, stead, starke and auty. What a disgraceful team.

How are they struggling to field a team when their probably the third best supported club in the el? Are they actually struggling or is dh being a tight ass?

from a leicester lions fan

it will be so so sad when brandon closes

not only has it witnessed some diabolical decisions

but also we will lose a fantastic team in coventry speedway NOT!!!!!

NOW YOU ALL KNOW HOW WE ALL FELT WHEN CHARLES OCHILTREE SOLD LEICESTER LIONS OUT

WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

KARMA OR WHAT!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL FROM A TEAM ................WITH A TRACK

THE LEICESTER LIONS !!!!!

I was watching speedway when the CO chose to close Leicester and invest some of the profits heavily in to Brandon and make it (then) the best speedway/stock car/Greyhound stadium in the UK. And yes I was pretty well p*^sed off as a result, especially since from a fan perspective Coventry was well down (in fact not even on) my Christmas card list. BUT Speedway like any other team sport needs other teams compete against ..no use being a monopoly of one and the more teams, the better for Speedway. In these dark and challenging times for UK speedway the last thing we need is to see the demise of Coventry speedway...hell, the best nights at Blackbird Road was when we beat the Bees (not often enough) and still remains the same today. Lose Coventry and we fans lose that win/lose emotion v a (the) local rival forever...So then who would be the loser? Answer, all of us!

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 5

Probably the only alternative night David would be willing to change to would be Friday and I can't see Coventry being happy with that as quite a few fans go to both tracks. Who knows what will happen in 2017 though.

The BSPA do . no Saturday Elite league in 2017 , agreed at the conference

I was watching too as I go back to 1949 when it was the Hunters but it's not true that it was Coventry promoter Charles Ochiltree on his own who closed the Blackbird Road Stadium down. He was just one of the directors on Midland Sports Stadiums so it really irritates me that someone could still be holding a grudge against Coventry after all these years when the present promotion, or indeed the previous one, had nothing to do with the decision. What makes it even worse in this case is that Dave Burton looks like he is a member of the Leicester staff. Fine example of a Speedway supporter he is.

Edited by Gemini

I was watching speedway when the CO chose to close Leicester and invest some of the profits heavily in to Brandon and make it (then) the best speedway/stock car/Greyhound stadium in the UK. And yes I was pretty well p*^sed off as a result, especially since from a fan perspective Coventry was well down (in fact not even on) my Christmas card list. BUT Speedway like any other team sport needs other teams compete against ..no use being a monopoly of one and the more teams, the better for Speedway. In these dark and challenging times for UK speedway the last thing we need is to see the demise of Coventry speedway...hell, the best nights at Blackbird Road was when we beat the Bees (not often enough) and still remains the same today. Lose Coventry and we fans lose that win/lose emotion v a (the) local rival forever...So then who would be the loser? Answer, all of us!

Dont you mean Midland sports stadiums , which Ochiltree was a 10% shareholder in , decided not spend anymore on renovations on Blackbird road , and Charlie Ochiltree , took his share of the sale and bought a larger share in Coventry ,

I was watching too as I go back to 1949 when it was the Hunters but it's not true that it was Coventry promoter Charles Ochiltree on his own who closed the Blackbird Road Stadium down. He was just one of the directors on Midland Sports Stadiums so it really irritates me that someone could still be holding a grudge against Coventry after all these years when the present promotion, or indeed the previous one, had nothing to do with the decision. What makes it even worse in this case is that Dave Burton looks like he is a member of the Leicester track staff. Fine example of a Speedway supporter he is.

I would copy and paste that onto Leicesters website , Dave Burton is well known by the Leicester promotion . don't think he would be on the carpark staff next year if they saw that

Edited by speedibee

Dont you mean Midland sports stadiums , which Ochiltree was a 10% shareholder in , decided not spend anymore on renovations on Blackbird road , and Charlie Ochiltree , took his share of the sale and bought a larger share in Coventry ,

I would copy and paste that onto Leicesters website , Dave Burton is well known by the Leicester promotion . don't think he would be on the carpark staff next year if they saw that

I reckon he's the one that dresses up in the lions suit

I reckon he's the one that dresses up in the lions suit

No it is not Dave in the Lions suit.

No it is not Dave in the Lions suit.

No but he may well be next season.

If there is a next season that is

• Like 1

I noticed Mr Bridger has been named as a face of 'Team Revolution' alongside King & Kerr. I know he's probably not wanted by lions fans after last years shambles of a comeback, but could he be plan Z?

I noticed Mr Bridger has been named as a face of 'Team Revolution' alongside King & Kerr. I know he's probably not wanted by lions fans after last years shambles of a comeback, but could he be plan Z?

What is team revolution ? .

I maybe got the name wrong, I just had a glance at the article and it mentioned Bridger joining alongside King and Kerr?

EDIT: just realised you maybe didn't know what I was referring to, see post below mines :)

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

It is the team that supported Danny King and Lewis Kerr. Not sure if Danny will be back with them in 2016 but Lewis Kerr is and it appears that Lewis Bridger will be.

They are by all accounts a serious professional outfit so who better to sponsor than a serious professional rider like LBR ?

EDIT Revolution Speedway to be pedantic over names.

Edited by E I Addio