British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Shale Searcher -Peter Karlsson burnt his bridges back in 2014 when he guested for Leicester on high fixed money didn't hardly score or put any effort in.

Kenneth Bjerre may be the best of what's available but is not what Leicester need if he was in place of Klindt or Wozniak but not at the top end of the team

I'd take Wozniak over Bjerre any day of the week... Wozniak is on the way up and is hungry to improve. He got better and better as the season went on last season and seems very keen to represent the Lions (which not many riders seem to want to do- although Simon Stead has made it clear he'd have liked to). Kenneth Bjerre might not be the strength of rider at the top end we need, but he's probably the strongest of anyone that might be half interested in racing for Leicester Speedway in the 2016 season.

Shale Searcher -Peter Karlsson burnt his bridges back in 2014 when he guested for Leicester on high fixed money didn't hardly score or put any effort in.

Kenneth Bjerre may be the best of what's available but is not what Leicester need if he was in place of Klindt or Wozniak but not at the top end of the team

Peter isn't interested in starting in UK this season. If he was he would have signed by now.

Peter isn't interested in starting in UK this season. If he was he would have signed by now.

He isn't interested because, as flag rag says he wants fixed money, and a big wedge at that, which is alright when he is consistently scoring big points from a heat-leaderposition but sadly he can't do that anymore. That was the whole trouble at Lakeside when he went off the boil. I don't blame the guy. At this stage of his career he doesn't need to fly all over the place for small change, and good on him for seeking out the best deals he can get but promoters are not going him pay big him big money if he is no longer scoring big points.

• Like 3

BecketLion - I would have liked to have seen Simon Stead return to Leicester but once he signed for Sheffield that couldn't happen due to sheer volume of fixtures he would have to miss I think it was around 9-11 meetings when he would be missing.

• Like 1

I'd take Zengota over Bjerre without doubt. Bjerre may be more of a 'name' rider, but Zengota will give his all and is a very good rider.

He was rider of the year at Swindon last year, and I think he was also rider of the year when he was at Coventry.

Unless Leicester can get themselves a proper, all out number one rider then he would be a decent signing.

• Like 4

Weatherwatcher,

Even the less than mediocre Poles, Danes, Swedes, Ruskies, Martians want silly money... It's blooming ridiculous!! I know Saturday nights don't help, but it's all down to money, money, money and money.. UK crowds are not large enough to sustain the payments these damn riders want.. I don't think fixed race nights would actually help, squads are not the answer either.. The only thing that will help is a sudden, dramatic upsurge in crowds, say if they doubled to say an average of 2,800 to 3,000 that would help no end, but it has to be at that level in a sustained way..

Do you have to have a captain? If you do I would go with Walasek... Or if not actually needed I'd go without.

yes you do . captains have certain duties to carry out on behalf of the SCB , other than riding duties .

If Leicester were to get injuries to key riders would the club fold as how would they get replacements as they have spent months trying to get key riders and are still trying

And the wider picture is for the rest of the league..

We know injuries will happen so when it becomes reality who will replace the injured riders?

Be interesting to see how the teams that don't race Saturday fair in filling their inevitable gaps, (or is it simply a Leicester problem)..

And what money they all will be paying out for replacements..

Demand seems to be far outstripping supply even before a wheel is turned, and given the nature of the sport it will outstrip it much further as the season progresses..

I would imagine the riders know they hold most of the cards and will be negotiating accordingly..

Amazingly, a self inflicted issue by the promoters.

Edited by mikebv

At least you may finish with a younger rider. Ie, a dane

He isn't interested because, as flag rag says he wants fixed money

Where is the link that Peter has said that?

I've read only that he doesn't want to start 2016 in the UK.

Obviously if I have missed that statement then I stand corrected.

I think flagrag was refering to when PK guested at Leicester in 2014 & demanded £4000 fixed fee before the meeting in cash .

Then he turned up with 1 dirty bike ,no mechanic & rolled round at the back for 4 laps putting no effort in.

So he burned all bridges with David & Norrie who were righly disgusted after that meeting.

Where is the link that Peter has said that?

I've read only that he doesn't want to start 2016 in the UK.

Obviously if I have missed that statement then I stand corrected.

Edited by lionking

I think flagrag was refering to when PK guested at Leicester in 2014 & demanded £4000 fixed fee before the meeting in cash .

Then he turned up with 1 dirty bike ,no mechanic & rolled round at the back for 4 laps putting no effort in.

So he burned all bridges with David & Norrie who were righly disgusted after that meeting.

It was daytripper who responded to my post saying flagrag stated he wants fixed points money to Start the season which isn't what he said at all. Like you said he/you were referring to one meeting as a guest.

I've read nothing other than Peter not wanting to start 2016 in the UK.

Norrie 'doesn't like danes' (then signs and sounds like hell captain one)! Who's your thinking Phil?

Porsing ? sundays at Peterborough, saturday night at Leicester .

• Like 1

Porsing ? sundays at Peterborough, saturday night at Leicester .

A Dane that doubles up might push Norrie over the edge!

• Like 2

BecketLion - I would have liked to have seen Simon Stead return to Leicester but once he signed for Sheffield that couldn't happen due to sheer volume of fixtures he would have to miss I think it was around 9-11 meetings when he would be missing.

But what about this supposed squad system? Could Stead be included as part of this (whatever it actually consists of!)?

........as for a younger Dane.......Nicki Pedersen's younger than Ulamek and Walaszek isn't he? ;)

But what about this supposed squad system? Could Stead be included as part of this (whatever it actually consists of!)?

........as for a younger Dane.......Nicki Pedersen's younger than Ulamek and Walaszek isn't he? ;)

But has Anders Thomsen been under consideration as a possible? Many "experts" tip him for big things in the future. I know he probably wouldn't be anything near to a heat leader to start with, but at least he'd be likely to make progress and provide that sort of interest alongside of Wozniak

• Like 1