British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Buxton V Eastbourne Or King's Lynn - 13th September

Buxton v King's Lynn has been scheduled for this Sunday for a long time now, and my/our hotel has been booked accordingly.

However, I now read on the BSPA website, along with those of Buxton & Eastbourne, that the Sussex club are now visiting Derbyshire, and not King's Lynn, even though our website is still showing the fixture as

being on!!

If a switch in visiting teams to Buxton has been made, what is the reason for that, because Eastbourne are surely into the Gold Cup tournament, so don't need to beat the cut-off date.

If this is the case, it's completely unfair on travelling supporters, who like myself, book hotels so as to make a long weekend in that beautiful part of the country.

Looking at the BSPA fixture list is was changed a few weeks ago? Eastbourne knew about it for a While but for some reason it was flagged up as Buxton had not put it out to the media. Shame these things happen. Maybe you could go up and support Eastbourne for the day if everything is booked or become a hitman supporter. Like you said its a beautiful part of the Country when its dry.

Edited by catinthehat

And, the fixture change has been on the Eastbourne website for quite a while.

Was on the Eastbourne website 1st September, Lynn website is extremely poor. If their press officer hasn't got the time, they should give the post to somebody else

• Like 3

Go and watch the meeting still, guarantee itll be worth it, spiller and bwd are worth the admission alone!

• Like 1

Buxton v King's Lynn has been scheduled for this Sunday for a long time now, and my/our hotel has been booked accordingly.

However, I now read on the BSPA website, along with those of Buxton & Eastbourne, that the Sussex club are now visiting Derbyshire, and not King's Lynn, even though our website is still showing the fixture as

being on!!

If a switch in visiting teams to Buxton has been made, what is the reason for that, because Eastbourne are surely into the Gold Cup tournament, so don't need to beat the cut-off date.

If this is the case, it's completely unfair on travelling supporters, who like myself, book hotels so as to make a long weekend in that beautiful part of the country.

Whilst I have every sympathy with your predicament, why not make the best of it? Staffordshire Moorlands and the Derbyshire Dales have some fantastic scenery and attractions. There are so many things to see and do it is impossible to list them all. I know it must be annoying, but look on the bright side, Buxton are becoming well known for turning over seemingly better sides, come and enjoy it. A couple of words to the wise though: Kings Lynn is cold, but Buxton is freezing and the weather can change in an instant. Also, the excellent Burger guy isn't there this week I understand.

Whilst I have every sympathy with your predicament, why not make the best of it? Staffordshire Moorlands and the Derbyshire Dales have some fantastic scenery and attractions. There are so many things to see and do it is impossible to list them all. I know it must be annoying, but look on the bright side, Buxton are becoming well known for turning over seemingly better sides, come and enjoy it. A couple of words to the wise though: Kings Lynn is cold, but Buxton is freezing and the weather can change in an instant. Also, the excellent Burger guy isn't there this week I understand.

Word went round at Eastbourne on Sunday night that those going to Buxton should take a thick coat and a flask of tea as there would be no refreshments.

• Like 1

Still the King's Lynn website says that we are riding at Buxton this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word went round at Eastbourne on Sunday night that those going to Buxton should take a thick coat and a flask of tea as there would be no refreshments.

i had a hot roast pork bap the last time i was there , i was tempted to drive back there the following week to get another one. cold ham sandwiches it is then.

• Like 1

There will be refreshments available in the bar including hot drinks

Still the King's Lynn website says that we are riding at Buxton this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know why it hasn't been updated as this was altered on the 19th August.

• Like 2

There will be refreshments available in the bar including hot drinks

Don't know why it hasn't been updated as this was altered on the 19th August.

Thanks Jayne; glad for the update.

Still need the thick coat!

So has the Kings Lynn match been cancelled?. If not when will it be?

Your guess is as good as mine. We had originally planned for it to be on the 20th but now Kings Lynn don't want to do that date so who knows now.

Funny enough the 13th has been in my diary for months for Kings Lynn to go there and to take shane there to ride

So has the Kings Lynn match been cancelled?. If not when will it be?

Definitely not Lynn, Stars website updated now!