British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Belle Vue Aces Vs Swindon Robins, 14 Sep 2015

Yeah. Old tricks. Ask Reading fans.

Don't need to ask them mate I've seen matejs Commitment to Belle Vue for the last 3 years, but thanks anyway :)

Think that's a whoosh .

Make that double Whoosh :)

Just watched the sky+ of the meeting and I'm surprised nobody mentioned rossiter's admission that we won at Swindon while they were 'changing things to get darcy in'? A euphemism for cheating and I thought Lemo was a bit more direct with his ironic 'ignition problems' comment.

We can agree on some things then.

I think moral of the Zagar story is quite simple, opinions don't matter either Zagar rides on Monday or AJ does its that simple. Every other team has or would do the same, and Swindon who have bent the rules to within breaking point this season,have to accept it. The moral is don't throw stones and all that.

In their last nine meetings Swindon have been away from home 7 times

In their last nine meetings Belle Vue have been at home 7 times

No doubt about it, this is the Aces tie to lose.....but it could all get a bit tight

Of course it could and I don't think you'll find any Aces fans counting their chickens just yet. However, it is amusing seeing the desperation of a very few Swindon fans trying to find anything to try to use against the Aces, dragging up the genuine injury to Zagar and trying to cast doubt, which even Rossiter has found the decency to apologise for and having to dredge back to Zagar's Reading days to find any alleged example of his lack of commitment to British speedway.

Where the aces are very fortunate is that they are able to use A J with the averages being so close as there is no other viable alternative.

I think moral of the Zagar story is quite simple,

Yea Zagar don't care about his own side .

Where the aces are very fortunate is that they are able to use A J with the averages being so close as there is no other viable alternative.

Not sure that's fortunate as Zagar is a better rider.

That's nonsense.

• Like 1

Don't forget Batchelor doesn't care about his side.

Not sure that's fortunate as Zagar is a better rider.

That's nonsense.

I think A J is better in the league and i believe has beaten Zagar at Belle vue a few times, his average is lower as he had a poor start to the season. Where they are fortunate is that they are able to use a rider of Jonsson's quality because the averages are very close and it quite easily could have been that if Zagar had a couple of low scores they wouldn't be able to use him and if that were the case there are no riders available of similar ability.

Of course it could and I don't think you'll find any Aces fans counting their chickens just yet. However, it is amusing seeing the desperation of a very few Swindon fans trying to find anything to try to use against the Aces, dragging up the genuine injury to Zagar and trying to cast doubt, which even Rossiter has found the decency to apologise for and having to dredge back to Zagar's Reading days to find any alleged example of his lack of commitment to British speedway.

You must have a short memory ..there have been loads of aces fans who has question his commitment to Aces many times ..only this year he had paid his wages back to the club !

• Like 1

I think A J is better in the league and i believe has beaten Zagar at Belle vue a few times, his average is lower as he had a poor start to the season. Where they are fortunate is that they are able to use a rider of Jonsson's quality because the averages are very close and it quite easily could have been that if Zagar had a couple of low scores they wouldn't be able to use him and if that were the case there are no riders available of similar ability.

He's not better is he, because as you say his average is lower. Also Zagar had a mid season slump which affected his average he's capable of much higher.

You must have a short memory ..there have been loads of aces fans who has question his commitment to Aces many times ..only this year he had paid his wages back to the club !

Doubt that at all. 1 or 2 maybe but you can't keep everyone happy. Zagars commitment is without question.

He's not better is he, because as you say his average is lower. Also Zagar had a mid season slump which affected his average he's capable of much higher.

Doubt that at all. 1 or 2 maybe but you can't keep everyone happy. Zagars commitment is without question.

Speedway is a dangerous sport, but if i was getting paid per meeting what he was getting i would show some commitment as well.. :o

• Like 1

You don't half talk some rubbish. He reportedly paid his wages back because of a poor performance for which he didn't think deserved the payment. That speaks volumes to his character and commitment not the reverse.

• Like 1

They are both capable of higher averages, Jonsson's average was higher at the start of the season and it was higher before the september averages came out and they are lucky a rider of Jonsson's quality is available.

Edited by foreverblue

Yeh, I think it was when the tubes of blood photo came out that I was feeling how lucky we are.