British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

Have you forgotten what happened on 1st June? Coventry were told even though gale force winds and heavy rain, they couldn't call it off as not 48 hours notice (even though other teams have) so this time Coventry have contacted them due to terrible weather forecasts so that sky/gospeed don't cause that farce again.

Belle Vue V Swindon is currently still no tomorrow as forecast is not looking so bad.

I guess on this occasion that everyone involved should be grateful that the Bees promotion were contactable on a Saturday morning!! Wasn't that a reason/excuse last time? :wink:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I guess on this occasion that everyone involved should be grateful that the Bees promotion were contactable on a Saturday morning!! Wasn't that a reason/excuse last time? :wink:

The reason last time was the forecast wasn't bad on the Saturday. We have seen other meetings called off at shorter notice than on the morning since then so not sure where the 48 hours comes from. GoSpeed make up the rules as they go along.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Belle Vue V Swindon meeting tomorrow if it rains and they didn't call it off on Sat

The reason last time was the forecast wasn't bad on the Saturday. We have seen other meetings called off at shorter notice than on the morning since then so not sure where the 48 hours comes from. GoSpeed make up the rules as they go along.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Belle Vue V Swindon meeting tomorrow if it rains and they didn't call it off on Sat

The forcast on friday for Monday was absolutely dire and it was the right decision to call the meeting. As it stood, i would be very suprised if BV Swindon was on.

Belle vue are lucky there in it, original meeting k lynn v leicester was called off after heat 9 and a lot of k lynn fans thought heat 10 should have been run

They're not usually known for their luck. I'd give away all our good luck if I could also give away the bad.

Happy days.

Belle vue are lucky there in it, original meeting k lynn v leicester was called off after heat 9 and a lot of k lynn fans thought heat 10 should have been run

Ht 10 at King's Lynn would have been run if the meeting had started on time. Instead, we witnessed a parade, the riders going round on the track for a little practicse, regraded, watering!!!! before a race was run.

The meeting could have started at 7.30, or dead on 7.45 to allow for a parade. Neither happened. the big black cloud approaching Saddlebow Road came closer and closer while all this nonsense went on.

King's Lynn's fault entirely

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 1

Hmmmm! So the whole spectacle of 2 meetings in one night has now gone - on a weather forecast! Call me a cynic but this is now on Coventry's normal race night and gives certain riders more time to recover from injuries!

The call off may well turn out to be correct but I think this should only be done on the day of a meeting. Another nail in the speedway coffin?

Edited by Steve0

Hmmmm! So the whole spectacle of 2 meetings in one night has now gone - on a weather forecast! Call me a cynic but this is now on Coventry's normal race night and gives certain riders more time to recover from injuries!

The call off may well turn out to be correct but I think this should only be done on the day of a meeting. Another nail in the speedway coffin?

Sky/GoSpeed made the 48 hour rule. They say it can't be called off on the day

Agree though it now gives Newman, Janowski and Garrity more time to recover. However it also means more time for riders to pick up injuries before Friday.

Edited by mdmc82

Hardly a battering when the track when Coventry were refusing to ride.

I recall us giving Swindon a great battering home & away in last years semi 😉

Yeah and every Swindon fan was over that about 2 seconds after the meeting because we were beat by the better team. You seriously need to get over that night in June but I have no doubt that it will form part of your reasons for you not winning the league this year.

• Like 1

The forecast for Coventry on monday is rain all day.

The forecast for BV is drizzle from 1pm and rain from 5pm, so also likely to be cancelled.

Yeah and every Swindon fan was over that about 2 seconds after the meeting because we were beat by the better team. You seriously need to get over that night in June but I have no doubt that it will form part of your reasons for you not winning the league this year.

And yet it's fans of other teams that bring it in to everything.

Not at all. I'm not expecting Coventry, Swindon or Belle Vue to win the league. Poole look the stand out team

Friday is now forecast rain, happy days.

I don't know what forcast your looking at for Friday then .. :o

The forecast for BV is drizzle from 1pm and rain from 5pm, so also likely to be cancelled.

I don't know what forcast your looking at for Friday then .. :o

Fri is a bit far away but at the moment the forecast I use has rain up till 7am then dry all day

Harris crashed in heat 5 in Poland. Ambulance was on track for him but with him being Harris, he's continued racing.

Hoping he's okay