British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

How the hell is Newman reserve?

How the hell is Newman reserve?

How the hell is Newman reserve??

starke at no7 for Leicester. equally as ridiculous . far too good for a second tier draft rider..

• Like 1

starke at no7 for Leicester. equally as ridiculous . far too good for a second tier draft rider..

And yet Coventry don't even have a tier 1 rider really

Amazing how Poole fans are morning about Howarth when they HAVE gained from Newman at reserve & gain again as get Ellis because hes lower in the list using Premier lge averages😀😀

• Like 3

isn't james a tier 1 rider ?? surely he should have been.

Why? His PL average is lower than Starke, Bates and Lambert.

You gotta feel sorry for Coventry, seeing as they had 2 years of Garrity at reserve - NOT.

:neutral:

They achieved those 7/8 point averages because there were two reserve races and in their other two they only faced second strings and other reserves.

As I stated in my first post.

it's hypocricy because poole fans have been defending the use of converted PL average for reserves, where clearly they are the side getting the benefit.

when it appeared another side were getting the rub of the green, the complaints start. as it turns out, it seem howarth will come in on his EL average.

So whoever signs Garrity, Worrall, Kerr, Wright, et. al. aren't benefitting then? Just Poole cheating by utilizing their own assets.

I have no issues with Howarth, actually having become friends in with him and his dad Geoff when Kyle rode for the Bucs.

Not close friends, but always have a chat when we bump into each other around the tracks.

My point was over the understanding of the regulation. Unfortunately the 'blinkered against Poole' brigade just use it as another excuse for slagging off.

• Like 1

As I stated in my first post.

So whoever signs Garrity, Worrall, Kerr, Wright, et. al. aren't benefitting then? Just Poole cheating by utilizing their own assets.

I have no issues with Howarth, actually having become friends in with him and his dad Geoff when Kyle rode for the Bucs.

Not close friends, but always have a chat when we bump into each other around the tracks.

My point was over the understanding of the regulation. Unfortunately the 'blinkered against Poole' brigade just use it as another excuse for slagging off.

Newman was lower on the list last season enabling Poole to get a better 2nd pick & the same has happened again this time.

What more needs to be said as all the other riders you quote are top picks at reserve so not required at Poole & Garrity is going into the top 5 which is what was supposed to happen.

Kyle Newman has rode more meetings in the Elite league than all the other riders as well.

• Like 2

You gotta feel sorry for Coventry, seeing as they had 2 years of Garrity at reserve - NOT.

:neutral:

You don't have to feel sorry for Coventry. You just have to question why a club that seems to have more managers and promoters than the rest of the EL combined has managed to screw up so badly!

The Bees statement says they chose Sarjeant as their 'protected' rider

So what teams protected their riders,and then did Lakeside get first pick of the un-protected riders.?

Exactly. It's bloody madness. It then meant we get first pick for round two and we picked a rider some way off the top in Bates. Why not Starke, Ellis or Nielsen?!

preety sure its cuz garrity and bates want to ride same teams together ,if garrity was in draft it wouldnt of happened

Why when he had a shocker of a season last year? He's average is lower than a lot of the other teams 2nd reserves!