British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

Yep sorry,i was thinking it was Poole.But didnt they have a clause where they could buy him from Workington.

They did/do, they haven't so point is irrelevant anyway. :t:

Who Sarjeant?

The same rider who improved in the PL and did a superb job at number 7 in the EL??

Yes the same rider who did improve in PL but then dropped back to reserve.

He spent a lot of the end of the EL season touching tapes or not scoring. Was dreadful in play offs

He has a lot of potential but needs to learn to sit still at the tapes as it got very frustrating last year and lost us a lot of points

Edited by mdmc82

He spent a lot of the end of the EL season touching tapes or not scoring. Was dreadful in play offs

He has a lot of potential but needs to learn to sit still at the tapes as it got very frustrating last year and lost us a lot of points

Have to wonder what if any help he was getting from fellow riders during this period

Have to wonder what if any help he was getting from fellow riders during this period

He was getting a lot of help from Harris but Bomber said in an interview Sarjeant was putting too much pressure on himself thinking he had to score big rather than back up Garrity.

The problem is now he is the one expected to score big

• Like 1

All clubs will speak to riders they are interested in before the draft draw takes place and I strongly suspect who would pick who wasn't a particularly guarded secret between the promoter's.

Its not just we choose you, you must ride. Details need to be verified such as does the draft rider have a PL deal agreed but not yet announced etc

Otherwise it will end up like the Josh Bates/Swindon debacle a couple of years ago.

That is a description of how riders are normally signed, if this is the case then why have the pantomime of a draft pick if the allocating of riders is already sorted?

He was getting a lot of help from Harris .......

Well if Bomber can't help him then no-one can. Chris is an expert at leaving the tapes after everyone else. :rofl: Not that I mind because that's one of the perks at Coventry seeing his bursts from the back.

• Like 3

Its a bit of a myth that Sarj was poor towards the end of the season, his scores in the main were solid. Didnt help his problems at the startline were highlighted more as we had a few Sky meetings. Also he wasn't dreadful in the playoff 1st leg, he beat Newman in heat and scored 6 against a decent reserve pairing. 2nd leg cant argue he was poor.

Sorry Wolves fans for going off topic!

• Like 2

We will have to agree to disagree then. Basing on from start of the season to the end of the season he added 2 points to his starting average in PL and was 9th best draft rider.

Improvement in anybodies eyes as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Various posters are talking about the order of riders on the draft list, but has anyone actually seen it, or are assumptions being made based on averages?

If anyone actually has a copy it would be interesting to see it posted.

Various posters are talking about the order of riders on the draft list, but has anyone actually seen it, or are assumptions being made based on averages?

If anyone actually has a copy it would be interesting to see it posted.

It should be the promoters that post the draft list.(If there is one)

Its caused total confusion since some of the reserves were announced on Tuesday.

One minute Howarth is on a converted P/L average,then the next, hes on his E/L average.

Then we are told all the others are on their P/L avereage(and so on)

At least last season we could follow it all on a live feed,this time around the promoters might has well have had their hands tied behind their backs,and their mouths sealed with sticky tape.

• Like 1

It should be the promoters that post the draft list.(If there is one)Its caused total confusion since some of the reserves were announced on Tuesday.One minute Howarth is on a converted P/L average,then the next, hes on his E/L average.Then we are told all the others are on their P/L avereage(and so on)At least last season we could follow it all on a live feed,this time around the promoters might has well have had their hands tied behind their backs,and their mouths sealed with sticky tape.

All in another day's work at Calamity Gulch.

Sarjeant was the top tier 2 rider. Considering he had the top tier 1 rider as a team mate and issues with the start its a good achievement. Time for James to step out of Garritys shadow, sort his starts out and become a genuine tier 1 rider. How many points does he drop making mistakes at the start line? He's got it in him to improve.

He averaged 5.00 in the Premier League where as Josh Bates and Paul Starke averaged higher and I would consider those to have done better than Sarjeant did. In fact I am surprised that Bates wasn't the Tier 1 above him.

That said he is a good rider and will get better but it is going to be tough for him and Wolves have a very good Tier 1 in Howarth and while I like Max Clegg I think he will also find it hard next season with some good number 7s already named.

With the main body of the team at Wolves they are surely looking at a big hitting number one as the averages in 2015 means they have to get one to get upto 40.5

He averaged 5.00 in the Premier League where as Josh Bates and Paul Starke averaged higher and I would consider those to have done better than Sarjeant did. In fact I am surprised that Bates wasn't the Tier 1 above him.

That said he is a good rider and will get better but it is going to be tough for him and Wolves have a very good Tier 1 in Howarth and while I like Max Clegg I think he will also find it hard next season with some good number 7s already named.

With the main body of the team at Wolves they are surely looking at a big hitting number one as the averages in 2015 means they have to get one to get upto 40.5

Adams has already stated there will be significant changes to the side from last season,(presumably meaning in the main body of the side as well as the reserves)so getting a decent number one will be the main priority.

When he mentioned "significant"changes in the local press,that has to put question marks against PK,Ricky and Jacob being part of the 2016 side.

Adams has already stated there will be significant changes to the side from last season,(presumably meaning in the main body of the side as well as the reserves)so getting a decent number one will be the main priority.

When he mentioned "significant"changes in the local press,that has to put question marks against PK,Ricky and Jacob being part of the 2016 side.

Ricky has to be signed IM0.

Freddie and PK riding together would be good at 3&4.

Jacob is a decent rider but he wasnt as good as we needed him to be last year.

Can he kick on next season? I believe so BUT we need to be quick to make changes if it doesnt work out.

What does that leave us with for the 5th rider? Id like Zengota or Harris if possible.

Ricky has to be signed IM0.

Freddie and PK riding together would be good at 3&4.

Jacob is a decent rider but he wasnt as good as we needed him to be last year.

Can he kick on next season? I believe so BUT we need to be quick to make changes if it doesnt work out.

What does that leave us with for the 5th rider? Id like Zengota or Harris if possible.

so where do the "significant" changes come from then? Don't see how Wells and Thorsell can both be in the team if we are to move forward