British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

You do realise to get to Poland you have to SIT on a plane in the SKY

Yes flying isn't a issue. Sitting upstairs in a sporting venue is an issue.

It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Not every venue in Poland is seated as far as I'm aware.

A much maligned rider. I think I recall a less than whole-hearted effort at Monmore once when he was about to be axed by his side (Lakeside? My memory is very untrustworthy). But on the whole I always regarded KK as a confidence rider, one for whom the first ride set the tone.

Yes I recall that meeting very well. It was a pathetic and abject performance, well more pathetic than a usual Monmore performance.

He has proven he can ride wolves with the odd stunning ride, but he usually can't be bothered most of the time.

Edited by stevebrum

I can't understand the attraction of signing Thorsell over Wells.

Wells home average is far superior to Thorsell's whilst hardly any difference away,

Wells home average is far superior to Thorsell's whilst hardly any difference away,

I wouldn't sign either of them - they have had enough chances.

Another new face would be better.

Wolfie

Based on 2015 we effectively have three third heatleaders. However, if Freddie can regain his form combined with the general lack of stars we can be alright.

KK would have have been a poor signing for 2015 league. Given the weakness in 2016 he may be a good steal.

Question to the likes of Stevebrum who have resisted the idea of one big PL - given the likely standard of 2016 EL (around 3 world class riders) surely the long term future is better with 1 big league of 20 versus the fortnightly In between EL and PL league?

Got to be the way forward,

Wolfie

• Like 1

Ricky has to come in over Thorsell.Its a no brainer.

Is it definite PK is now out the equation since we have signed Bech and Kylmakorpi ?.

Ricky has to come in over Thorsell.Its a no brainer.

Is it definite PK is now out the equation since we have signed Bech and Kylmakorpi ?.

On Facebook TNT says he has been told PK is NOT on the heat leader list..

but he's not in our plans... go figure.

Wells should be a heat leader. Thorsell should be a second string. But the BSPA seem to have literally made up the list so who knows?!

Both parts of that are farcical. I'm just not sure which is to the greater extent. If true I'd happily see pk at belle vue
  • Like 3

If that is true************

Have those two lost whatever brain cells they have left.

5.51 and not in the plans.PK could have been paired with Fred.

Speechless and angry.

And they wonder why fans are turning their backs.

• Like 2

Both parts of that are farcical. I'm just not sure which is to the greater extent. If true I'd happily see pk at belle vue

Only if Max doesn't come back, which I hope he does.

But in the event that he doesn't, that'd be a v. good signing all things considered.

If that is true************

Have those two lost whatever brain cells they have left.

5.51 and not in the plans.PK could have been paired with Fred.

Speechless and angry.

And they wonder why fans are turning their backs.

If it's all true I'd happily watch PK rub the 2 idiot's noses right in it. Tomorrow night should be interesting. You really do get the feeling that all this stuff is part of CVS & Adams exit plan. They are taking the pi$$ and don't care who knows it :mad:

• Like 2

Can't believe that PK is not in especially if he is not a H/L to start with exiled yet again by the looks of things hope he hits some big scores wherever he ends up .

If that is true************Have those two lost whatever brain cells they have left.5.51 and not in the plans.PK could have been paired with Fred.Speechless and angry.And they wonder why fans are turning their backs.

The point you have overlooked is that PK doesn't come cheap. That was apparently the whole issue with Lakeside, he still wanted a number 1's money for a second strings points in his last season as a Hammer. He does have a great pedigree, and is entitled to earn whatever he can at this stage of his career but one of the issues might very well be that CVA might not be prepared to pay the sort of money he wants for a second string role, and at this stage of his career he might not want to come over for what Wolves can afford. It's not as if he needs the experience.

• Like 1

If Sam Masters is coming in it could be that the other space goes to Joel Andersson who impressed in the appearance he had and with Freddie and Kylmakorpi he should benefit from the experience and could be a surprise packet.

As for PK maybe he isn't looking at Britain this year and doing what his brothers do and spend more time with his family and kids who are grown up now. He did that before and at 45 he could be slowing down his racing career.

Wolves have been blamed for not looking beyound the usual faces and if they go with Andersson instead of PK you have to give them credit for moving forward.

Maybe PK may get a place elsewhere and looks a bargain on 5.51 but he is not the rider he was and while some think it is a bargain it could also be a gamble as Andersson may be the better option

Sam Masters is more of a concern I feel and I would think that Kacper Gomolski or Dakota North or Josh Grajczoneck would be better options if available and surprised Coventry never went for one of them instead of Woryna

• Like 1

Jacob and Zengi would be my shout if PK and Wells are locked out due to the rules!

It seems they should have gone with average weighting rather than this imo!

Zengota will be a heat leader so wouldn't be able to sign now by the looks of it and may be staying at Swindon with Doyle any way.

After some good performance last season It's a surprise Wolves picked Max Clegg instead of Ashley Morris who isn't wanted back by Ipswich who have completed their team already