British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

;)

That rumour has been going around for a while irregardless of Leicester. Personally I don't see him being part of the last 2 riders we are meant to be 'gobsmacked' by. I expect Jacob to be back as that was hinted at so I doubt Masters would gobsmack anyone.

Personally speaking I'd be happy with masters over Jacob, so long as there are no PL fixture clashes.

When CVS mentioned "gobsmacked" did he mean speechless/ flabbergasted or a smack to the gob ;)

Tbh my interpretation of gobbsmacked is signing someone like Dudek on a 6 point average.

• Like 1

When CVS mentioned "gobsmacked" did he mean speechless/ flabbergasted or a smack to the gob ;)

Tbh my interpretation of gobbsmacked is signing someone like Dudek on a 6 point average.

Or signing Sowka and Sunmers when you could have signed much better riders. Coventry fans were certainly gobsmacked by our last two signings.

According to the press report, as well as ruling out Mondays, Tai was also advocating one home and one away match against each team. On the current league structure that is 7 home matches, far too few as far as I am concerned. Yet another example of riders trying to hold the sport here to ransom and having little regard for those riders who don't race abroad. I say if they don't want to ride here than so be it.I'm sure we'll manage without them so long as we make much more effort to encourage home grown talent.

Spot on could not agree more

well we can only hope! :t:

So, this from the World Champion who previously stated EL racing would have to be on a Monday??!!

Did he? Got the link for this??

I think Tai is saying what Greg, Nicki et Al have been saying for years . SAME NIGHT RACING. Don't think any of the boys mentioned what night would be best.

According to the press report, as well as ruling out Mondays, Tai was also advocating one home and one away match against each team. On the current league structure that is 7 home matches, far too few as far as I am concerned. Yet another example of riders trying to hold the sport here to ransom and having little regard for those riders who don't race abroad. I say if they don't want to ride here than so be it.I'm sure we'll manage without them so long as we make much more effort to encourage home grown talent.

Why is it?

The top boys are all saying the same thing. Poland and Sweden have a reduced league programme which is clearly the way forward and works perfectly. Crowds are decent but then so are team strengths , it's not rocket science.

These top boys aren't holding us to ransom, they don't need that many meetings here as they entitled to do.

If we seriously want a league with any credibility then the top boys need to be here. We need them here.

If we want to carry on with a reduced strength league and do nothing then people need to stop bleating about how poor the EL is and ditch it.

Then the powers that be can have one big league with more fans disappearing and any chance of a future well and truly dead.

Thank god the promoters are looking at a job share for 2017. And hopefully the start of making the EL ELITE again.

Gobsmacked as in you daft buggers thought we couldn't get it more wrong than 2015?

Edited by Wolfsbane

Lets get this right as Tai was speaking about the views of the other big names possibly riding here and they wouldn't want Mondays as it would be 4 meetings in four days in different countries. However riding in an Elite League on a Thursday would be the best night for these riders to do Poland on a Sunday then Sweden on a Tuesday then Britain on a Thursday and the GP's on the Friday and Saturday.

Next year we could see some riders sharing a position but the best way of getting the big names back is running 7 or 8 home and the same away which would mean those clubs also ride in other leagues on other nights.

This has been suggested before on here and it looks like the only way a club will be able to get a season full of fixtures and get the best riders back. Otherwise it's stay as it is and slowly lose the best riders to other countries.

Make big changes or slip into mediocre levels ?

Lets get this right as Tai was speaking about the views of the other big names possibly riding here and they wouldn't want Mondays as it would be 4 meetings in four days in different countries. However riding in an Elite League on a Thursday would be the best night for these riders to do Poland on a Sunday then Sweden on a Tuesday then Britain on a Thursday and the GP's on the Friday and Saturday.

Next year we could see some riders sharing a position but the best way of getting the big names back is running 7 or 8 home and the same away which would mean those clubs also ride in other leagues on other nights.

This has been suggested before on here and it looks like the only way a club will be able to get a season full of fixtures and get the best riders back. Otherwise it's stay as it is and slowly lose the best riders to other countries.

No Wolves then as Thursday night is Greyhounds and they not going to move that for Speedway
  • Like 1

TOP riders isn't restricted to those in the SGP ... plenty like Sayfutdinov, Vaculik, Pawlicki, Dudek who might be tempted by a different British schedule.

• Like 1

I think the problem with that proposal is that the fans of any team running a side in the top league with riders like Tai, Hancock etc. , are not going to turn out in sufficient numbers to support what they will regard as their second team. No matter how it is dressed up fans will regard the side, who are likely to have the majority of meetings, as an inferior product.

Worryingly, history shows that the super stars didn't bring in huge numbers of fans before they started to miss out the UK. If the top stars do not increase crowd levels significantly clubs may find themselves in severe financial difficulties, not only in paying these stars but also, in covering likely losses when running the second team.

• Like 2

Probably putting 2 + 2 together and making 5, wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes: , but is it possible that the Cradley thing is to help facilitate a Wolves move to Wednesday in the near future to accommodate the one race night for the EL. Others closer to it than me seem to be indicating that Ladbrokes want to retain Monday speedway and the stadium is not in use on Wednesdays? :unsure:

Probably putting 2 + 2 together and making 5, wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes: , but is it possible that the Cradley thing is to help facilitate a Wolves move to Wednesday in the near future to accommodate the one race night for the EL. Others closer to it than me seem to be indicating that Ladbrokes want to retain Monday speedway and the stadium is not in use on Wednesdays? :unsure:

The thing is Wolfsbane,Ladbrokes hold all the aces.

With the merger between Ladbrokes and Coral edging closer(Ladbrokes shareholders overwhelmingly in favour)who,s to say they wont want even more dog racing at Monmore.

As ive stated in a previous post,with Monmore being a BAGS(Bookmakers Afternoon Greyhound Service)and their meetings streamed world-wide via SIS,the bookmakers are making a lot of money from this facility.

If Ladbrokes say it has to be Mondays for regular speedway racing(and i know im gonna upset Brum by saying this)will Wolves consider Premier League as a safer option.

With 2016 all done and dusted for Wolves and Cradley meetings,theres no immidiate danger for change.

But come the following season,????????????????.

• Like 1

The thing is Wolfsbane,Ladbrokes hold all the aces.

With the merger between Ladbrokes and Coral edging closer(Ladbrokes shareholders overwhelmingly in favour)who,s to say they wont want even more dog racing at Monmore.

As ive stated in a previous post,with Monmore being a BAGS(Bookmakers Afternoon Greyhound Service)and their meetings streamed world-wide via SIS,the bookmakers are making a lot of money from this facility.

If Ladbrokes say it has to be Mondays for regular speedway racing(and i know im gonna upset Brum by saying this)will Wolves consider Premier League as a safer option.

With 2016 all done and dusted for Wolves and Cradley meetings,theres no immidiate danger for change.

But come the following season,????????????????.

Yeah TS, it was 2017 I was getting at. If CVS has signed a new 3 year deal with Laddies has any possible move to Wednesday been factored in? If Chapman gets his way and Wednesday becomes the EL racenight from 2017 & CVS hasn't allowed for this, we must assume he knew this was a possibility prior to signing the new deal, then where does that leave Wolves?

For those clubs renting a stadium , 7 home matches is nowhere near enough . Sharing the number 1 spot may be a way forward .

Personally , I feel we can get on with Speedway without GP riders and have no restrictions on when and how often we race.

Edited by KIRKYLANE

I doubt CVS would think that at all. He has said many times that Wolves will always be in the top flight whilst he is promoting.

Music to my ears.