British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

The judgement on the British U21 champ will be when he, as expected, moves into the top 5. Going somewhere or going nowhere.

Fair point. I remain hopeful.

• Like 1

Based on what? He's not as good as Auty, Worrall, Kerr, Wright or Newman in the PL which puts him in the bottom half of the tier 1 reserves ahead of only Bates and whoever Lynn sign. I don't see him cleaning up much!

Based on the facts he has held his own in the main team and non of the others have been deemed good enough to warrant a main team call up.

The likes of Auty, Newman have always done well in reserve . Kyle should find it just as easy if not easier.

Obviously you are going to base his 2015 matches on the few he rode for Coventry. I'd rather look to the fact he was doing his job for Swindon before he was having lucky to lose his team place.

If you believe he isn't the strongest reserve on the list so be it.

That's you're perogative (as Bobby Brown might say).

• Like 2

Based on what? He's not as good as Auty, Worrall, Kerr, Wright or Newman in the PL which puts him in the bottom half of the tier 1 reserves ahead of only Bates and whoever Lynn sign. I don't see him cleaning up much!

Based on the facts he has held his own in the main team and non of the others have been deemed good enough to warrant a main team call up.

The likes of Auty, Newman have always done well in reserve . Kyle should find it just as easy if not easier.

Obviously you are going to base his 2015 matches on the few he rode for Coventry. I'd rather look to the fact he was doing his job for Swindon before he was having lucky to lose his team place.

If you believe he isn't the strongest reserve on the list so be it.

That's you're perogative (as Bobby Brown might say).

Based on PL performances you are right Shawn but I have to agree with Steve, without his enforced break he had this year I expect him to perform very strongly. I don't think you can compare across the leagues. It depends on who they are riding for, whether they like the track, riding position and how they fit in the team. Take Garrity as an example, IMO he has always out-performed in the EL compared with his scores in the PL.

• Like 1

TBH, he's done nowt special in the 1-5 has he? Failed to break a 5.5 average which makes him one of the worst second strings in the EL the last 2 seasons. The thing with Kyle is he's generally pretty good or pretty naff, he doesn't do a lot in the middle. As a low scoring second string that was coverable but as a now expected high scoring reserve well them bad meetings are going to be jumped on.

Just done some analysis, he has lost to tier 1 reserves more than he has beta them in the least 2 season in the EL which proves all my points, 1 he's not that great as a reserve and 2 he's very up and down. If he can fix the consistency issue though, he's obviously got the raw ability to be a very tidy rider at EL level - he's really got to work on his entry into the bends though, he's terrible at it, often turning too soon, having to stop turning and thus missing the corner.

I remember a similar debate regarding Howarth when we booked him to guest at Kings Lynn for us last season. Great booking screamed some crazy Wolves fans till I and SCB at the time kept pointing out his awful record there. Of course, nobody listened.. it was great.. He scored 0.

He will have to adapt his riding style for Monmore big time, as SCB says he often misses the corner.. which is not a good thing at Monmore!

If he can do that it could help him move to the next level, however, he isn't the sure fire cert to be a big hitting reserve as some think he is..

TBH, he's done nowt special in the 1-5 has he? Failed to break a 5.5 average which makes him one of the worst second strings in the EL the last 2 seasons. The thing with Kyle is he's generally pretty good or pretty naff, he doesn't do a lot in the middle. As a low scoring second string that was coverable but as a now expected high scoring reserve well them bad meetings are going to be jumped on.

Just done some analysis, he has lost to tier 1 reserves more than he has beta them in the least 2 season in the EL which proves all my points, 1 he's not that great as a reserve and 2 he's very up and down. If he can fix the consistency issue though, he's obviously got the raw ability to be a very tidy rider at EL level - he's really got to work on his entry into the bends though, he's terrible at it, often turning too soon, having to stop turning and thus missing the corner.

It doesn't prove all your points at all.

The likes you compare him against haven't had nearly anywhere near as much experience in the main body of an EL team. If might be easy to suggest they would have done much better or stayed around the 5 point mark.

Comparing against the other Tier riders on PL averages is flawed as TesarRacing has already pointed out.

With Garrity starting in the main 1-5 and the opportunities for tier 1's to also move up we might have a better picture just who is properly progressing under this draft scheme but at the end of the 2016 season certainly not before.

However you're points on his consistency around certain tracks is something that has validity and something he needs to address if he is to progress further than what he has so far. That said from an EL perspective he has progressed the most by holding his mid 5 average the past couple of seasons. From that perspective there is no one to compare him with.

Howarth usually did ok at Kirky Lane so he shouldn't have too much difficulty adapting to Monmore Green. However, he won't be the stand out tier 1 rider if he rides as he did after losing his place at Swindon.

Well done to Wolves, being voted Best Track by the SCB referees again.

2nd - Swindon

3rd - Leicester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

Would love to know which referees voted for Leicester. :lol: Sounds like they have similar crackpot ideas to some of the promoters.

• Like 1

2nd - Swindon

Think there has only been 1 season in past 5 that we haven't won.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea as a track but it's clear the refs as well as most riders love it!

2nd - Swindon

I assume the awards are based on preparation rather than shape/racing quality? No qualms at all with Wolves winning it but Leicester being third and the absence of several decent tracks from the PL top three is a head scratcher if not.

There was a question asked before about Wolves also run in the Premier League as well as the Elite League

Cradley of course have since moved back but it looks like they are running in the Premier League under the name of Workington.

Ricky Wells, Kenneth Hansen, Ty Proctor and Matt Williamson line up with ex Cradley Adam Roynon.

Good way to keep the assets busy