British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

Cradley V. Rye House - Now!

Luke Chessell's back!

Max Clegg stuck in traffic, Tom Perry dropped everything to guest but Clegg is going to ride.

Luke Chessell's back!

Still showing him as RR on updates

What's happened to Cradley? A year ago this thread would've been swamped after a home win. Have they given up because they're no longer top dogs in the NL?

I was thinking the same on Facebook and everything they havnt written any comments?

I said it before on another thread, Cradley need to be PL or EL. I think they've lost interest in the NL

• Like 1

Dunno, the season does seem to have petered out a little but last nights crowd was still decent (if not massive like some have been). Certainly the older Cradley fans will have seen us in the bottom half of the league more than the top half of the league over the years so I can't think it's just that.

Just seems to have gone a little flat for whatever reason, I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps as Shads says people are longing for a move up, and I think if we could have remained at Monmore it would have been looked at this season but it is not possible to run both Birmingham and Cradley at Perry Barr unless they are both in the NL with the restriction of 1 meeting per week. Birmingham have made noises about moving up into the PL which would effectively leave Cradley homeless unless Monmore were back on the table. This assumes that the league structure remains in it's current form of course.

There are also some fans who dislike Perry Barr enough to stay away more often than not

Actually getting onto the meeting it was fairly enjoyable, a shame that Max got held up but it can't be helped (thanks to Tom Perry for rushing across at the last minute even though in the end he wasn't required).

Impressed again with Mike Neale who has come on leaps and bounds this season and nice to see Aaron Mogridge on form - that's 14 rides in the last 2 meetings and he will be a busy boy for the rest of the season I would imagine. It's not often you see a rider start 15m back and be leading the race by the end of the first lap either!

Strange that Matt Williamson was captain last night rather than Max, unless I have missed something somewhere

• Like 1

Matt was listed as captain in the programme and also had the column that is usually Clegg's though so it seemed premeditated

Isn't Tony Mole going to Brum council and ask if they can run twice a week at Perry Barr

Isn't Tony Mole going to Brum council and ask if they can run twice a week at Perry Barr

Wasn't aware of that but good news if they agree, gives more flexibility whatever the setup in future

The application to run on 2 separate nights a week was lodged months ago

no news on that as yet.

Good to hear for Brum/Cradley fans, could both sides sustain PL racing at Perry Barr? Can't see Cradley riding PL on Birmingham's track while the Brummies stick to the NL.

would seem strange but why not,altho ive been to the last cradley meeting and the last brummies one and there seemed more at the brummie meeting