British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

So Wolverhampton, Swindon & Leicester all finished above us in the SCB referees awards this year!!!!!!

So Wolverhampton, Swindon & Leicester all finished above us in the SCB referees awards this year!!!!!!

For best track snack bar?

the very same boy/ girl who said Iversen had signed for Lynn a few weeks back - by the way when do you break up from school for the Christmas Holiday?

Best way to deal with ..... like this is ignore them completely ;)

Anticipation is all well and good, but after a period of time the enthusiasm begins to wane. It is for this reason alone, I am concerned about the non-announcement of our remaining riders. The reserve berth is not so important in relation to time, but the fans expectation of a out and out No1 diminishes with each week that passes.

I originally thought the identity of the top rider was being kept under wraps to create more excitement , but as time goes by I'm of the impression that no deal has yet been done, and the promoters are still searching for that elusive piece of the Jig-Saw....

We can only wait and see, but I'm less confident as each day passes.....

• Like 2

I'm not surprised - the King's Lynn track last year was the worst I have seen it in many a long day. I commented during the season in a similar vein.

God knows what the tracks that finished below Lynn were like.

Anticipation is all well and good, but after a period of time the enthusiasm begins to wane. It is for this reason alone, I am concerned about the non-announcement of our remaining riders. The reserve berth is not so important in relation to time, but the fans expectation of a out and out No1 diminishes with each week that passes.

I would say the reserve position is more important. A number one can only get a max of 15 points in a meeting. A decent reserve can score 21 points with 7 rides. Plus if we get a decent reserve in, if they do go up into the top 5 we will have an equally strong reserve replacement in Rory, Mads, Robert or Troy depending on who is lowest in the averages.

I would say the reserve position is more important. A number one can only get a max of 15 points in a meeting. A decent reserve can score 21 points with 7 rides. Plus if we get a decent reserve in, if they do go up into the top 5 we will have an equally strong reserve replacement in Rory, Mads, Robert or Troy depending on who is lowest in the averages.

I can't imagine any of the reserves were gonna end up with breaking into the top 5
  • Like 1

I originally thought the identity of the top rider was being kept under wraps to create more excitement , but as time goes by I'm of the impression that no deal has yet been done, and the promoters are still searching for that elusive piece of the Jig-Saw....

I think you could be right re the heat leader with Bjerre waiting on the side lines there's only 2 other clubs that can fit him in now.The spin we tried this rider and that rider with no joy but Kenny really wants to ride for our club so we welcome him back.Just a thought and as you say we can only wait and see.

Edited by B.V 72

I actually posted 'The reserve berth is not so important in relation to time,' meaning the time factor wasn't the issue like the Heat Leader selection is. The draft selection has been made to look like a joke now, especially as Kerr was our protected rider and as since turned away..... We are now very limited on the riders that are left.....

I actually posted 'The reserve berth is not so important in relation to time,' meaning the time factor wasn't the issue like the Heat Leader selection is. The draft selection has been made to look like a joke now, especially as Kerr was our protected rider and as since turned away..... We are now very limited on the riders that are left.....

The draft process has always been a joke - you just didn't see it when you had the best reserves! :wink:

• Like 2

The draft process has always been a joke - you just didn't see it when you had the best reserves! :wink:

i wouldnt say we ever had the best reserves. although it was pretty dodgy when we ended up with kerr and rose a couple of years ago, not sure how that happened.

Relax GRW, chill out dude!

Everything's going exactly to plan. Poole will win the league. KL will be at the tapes come March time with a team of 7. What's to get in a state about when all the main stuff''s decided already.

:drink:

I think you could be right re the heat leader with Bjerre waiting on the side lines there's only 2 other clubs that can fit him in now.The spin we tried this rider and that rider with no joy but Kenny really wants to ride for our club so we welcome him back.Just a thought and as you say we can only wait and see.

gawd'elp us!! :shock::nono:

I'm still pinning my hopes on Buster saying the team will be exciting. If he now signs Bjerre I reckon he has a case to answer under Trades Description Act :wink:

• Like 4

Relax GRW, chill out dude!

Everything's going exactly to plan. Poole will win the league. KL will be at the tapes come March time with a team of 7. What's to get in a state about when all the main stuff''s decided already.

:drink:

Actually I'm on a real high, thoroughly looking forward to a magically holiday we have just booked.

Relax???, I can assure you I am well relaxed, and thoroughly chilled out . I am not in any state whatsoever, was merely passing a comment about the time it's taking to make the final announcement. But am so please you find it as such a laugh....... Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!