British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Cook, Bjerre, Thomsen and Ulrich are not PL riders.

The first three would be EL heat leaders.

Would could should.

Cook IS an EL heat leader parading in a tiny paddling pool in the PL.

Bjerre WOULD have started the season as an EL heat leader but wouldn't now as his average is too low so wouldn't be one. Thomsen should be trying his hand in the EL NOT the PL so in average wouldn't be a heat leader.

Ulrich hasn't been EL standard in years.

Seeing as the Panthers appear so strong now they should stomp over all the PL teams and ease their way to the title.

Anyway this is an EL thread so the Panthers discussion has no place on here.

Point still stands, EL teams are still much stronger than their PL counterparts.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

I'd laugh if Rory packs a double figure for his last meeting

Well of cause you would, I can imagine what sort of person would post that. But spare a thought for a moment, had this have been Poole, Rory wouldn't have been given a chance in the first instance. At least at Lynn he was given him the opportunity.

Rory has made giant strides these past months. It was always going to be tough. He still has a long way to go to be back anywhere near the form he use to ride. He may not achieve that stature. Although I have always questioned his decision to ride I wish him all the very best, he deserves that,. My one wish is that he comes out of this ambition safe. He has far more to give to the sport than just racing a bike.......

• Like 3

Lewis has just tweeted he's snapped his collar bone in 3 places. Awful luck as he has been riding well. Gonna be a big miss for our remaining few matches

Get well soon.....

Lewis has just tweeted he's snapped his collar bone in 3 places. Awful luck as he has been riding well. Gonna be a big miss for our remaining few matches

Get well soon.....

And an enormous miss for Newcastle!

I don't know what it is with Kings Lynn Stars, but come the end of the season does our luck always run out. Going back to each of the last 4 years we have suffered some terrible injuries that has curtailed any hopes of success. The latest to Lewis Rose is just the last straw.

He has had to endure many obstacles in recent years, but true to his determination he has been getting it together of late, and scoring some hefty points, both here and at Newcastle. So I really feel for him.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, it won't make much difference to the Stars hopes of a playoff place, that door had been shut for some time, but it is a big gap to fill, that only a few capable of filling his place....

No luck at all again this season with injuries.We have had no end of problems especially getting guests at reserve for our injured riders.Hopefully a slight tweak in the edr system next season will benefit all.

No disrespect to Perry and Greaves tonight but are they adequate replacements as edr's?That completely puts Lynn at a dis-advantage from the start.If there was say 1 edr then at least you can pick from the rest of the league to replace your other injured reserve.

Both Rose and guest Bewley out for tonight!!

Replaced by Nathan Greaves and Tom Perry :t:

What an embarresment the Stars are tonight. End of season can't come quick enough.

• Like 2

What an embarresment the Stars are tonight. End of season can't come quick enough.

Hard to watch for sure ....

Batchelor an absolute disgrace.

Youd be better getting rid and putting someone like Robson in the team , at least he will score a few points and try in every race

Batchelor is just a waste of time, and i cant see what lynn are gaining out of keeping him other than him getting his average nice and low and buggering off elsewhere next season.

His 2016 average cant be more than 5 surely?

• Like 1