British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Which Fast Track Riders Will Be Promoted Into Any Teams 1-5 For 2016?

You may have heard lots of talk about Belle Vue buying garrity but none of the people doing the talking knew what they were talking about, lol!

I hope Coventry have Barker and if we can't have Nielsen then I'd expect to see Coventry to take advantage of another rider who has come on tremendously at Belle Vue..

Pot and Kettle spring to mind with regards Steve Worrall and taking advantage of a rider who came on tremendously well elsewhere!!

Yes - Swindon could have bought him before you say!

Doesn't have a team spot & 'unable to attain a team spot' are 2 very, very different things.

With the same result.

If it's true that Barker has been told by not riding EL this year he'll be on the draft (same with Richie Worrall) then I'll laugh - bees lose Garrity to the 1-5 but gain Barker in reserve! I'd expect the points limit to drop a point or two next year as well meaning the Bees would in effect be swapping Barker for Robbo/Howarth while all but Wolves would have to make changes!

Edited by SCB

If it's true that Barker has been told by not riding EL this year he'll be on the draft (same with Richie Worrall) then I'll laugh - bees lose Garrity to the 1-5 but gain Barker in reserve! I'd expect the points limit to drop a point or two next year as well meaning the Bees would in effect be swapping Barker for Robbo/Howarth while all but Wolves would have to make changes!

What a crock, perhaps Tai can be on the draft to lol. :nono:

• Like 1

What a crock, perhaps Tai can be on the draft to lol. :nono:

Will he ride for £30 a point?! :o if so lucky Wolves!

All the top riders in the draft this year, should have been given a full team place, they where just to good to be riding in a reserve spot, it was rather silly when they came with a 15 point score at the end of the meeting, not just on the odd occasion either. It was these top riders who got the 4 teams into the play offs. They had already shown their worth last year, I was tottaly gob smacked when I saw that they had been held back for another season.

Are the promoters scared to give these young up and coming British lads the honours they deserve.

Lets get the resersve for next season on an even basis, shouldn't be to hard to do, but we are talking speedway here, so nothing is that simple.

All the top riders in the draft this year, should have been given a full team place, they where just to good to be riding in a reserve spot, it was rather silly when they came with a 15 point score at the end of the meeting, not just on the odd occasion either. It was these top riders who got the 4 teams into the play offs. They had already shown their worth last year, I was tottaly gob smacked when I saw that they had been held back for another season.

Are the promoters scared to give these young up and coming British lads the honours they deserve.

Lets get the resersve for next season on an even basis, shouldn't be to hard to do, but we are talking speedway here, so nothing is that simple.

Nothing changed except it was British lads scoring 9,11, 15 points from reserve, instead of foreign ringers!! So it was better...?

Will he ride for £30 a point?! :o if so lucky Wolves!

Nope and Barker should be nowhere near the fdr.

All those that are tier 1 this season should now only ride at 1-5 in EL and tier 2 become tier1s and allocate others to become tier2s in 2016

• Like 2

Agree with the first part but not the 2nd (ie tier 2) as that will simply de-value the EL product even further.

The further development of decent young Brits simply has to include the PL clubs taking up the cause!!

Edited by Skidder1

This half -cocked idea of draft riders was always going to be difficult to implement. Unless the Premier League Bosses come on board and form part of a progressional development route, the idea will die a natural death.

In an ideal world, it would be a terrific development scheme to have 5 Tiers of youngster wanting to progress. : Tier1 = EL 6; Tier2 =EL7; Tier3 = PL6; Tier4 = PL7 and Tier5 =NL6 & 7. Each year they could move along giving each rider the opportunity to progress. But for this to work, all of the Promoters would have to think as one body and work as a unit. Until then we have to continue it this half cocked idea.

The main problem at the moment is we do not have enough decent youngsters who want to part-take wholly in this scheme. Some want the best of both worlds. some want guest booking only, some want to earn more money. This makes it very difficult for equal distribution of talent and stepping stones becomes too big for other to make.. Even forgetting about the crooked selection process, the current riders in Tiers 1 and 2 are miles apart in terms of quality and this alone makes it so unfair to the teams who have the lesser riders.

The idea of developing a route for the youngster, to progress into the sport is a brilliant idea. But it should not be detriment to the Clubs who, at present, do the most in giving these youngster an opportunity. Rules should be set in stone and make all clubs aware they all need to invest in the future of these youngster. It is wrong that teams like Coventry and Lynn are penalised just because they are the one's who do this... and whilst other clubs continue to have free pickings, they will never invest the time or money into the program. Once we ruled the world, but now this country need to develop these new riders.....

Agree with the first part but not the 2nd (ie tier 2) as that will simply de-value the EL product even further.

Done deal then :rofl: Seriously, the top 6-7 fast trackers should go into the team proper, on an assessed average of 4.50.

Done deal then :rofl: Seriously, the top 6-7 fast trackers should go into the team proper, on an assessed average of 4.50.

why not just convert there premier league average?

That sounds like the sort of simplistic formula the BSPA might come up with. It would be far better to work out a realistic formula, say something like 66% of their EL average this year. Otherwise teams using the top tier one riders will again gain an advantage.

why not just convert there premier league average?

If they are going to be riding in the EL and have an EL average then that is the correct figure to use. It is just a matter of determining a fair formula. Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1