British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Which Fast Track Riders Will Be Promoted Into Any Teams 1-5 For 2016?

Yeah and how do they decide what average they start on

PL average converted. Bees will have Garrity in the top 5 almost certainly.

Are there enough FTR'S and good enough to go into the 1-5.

I make it Garrity, Auty, Newman, Kerr and Steve Worrall. Charles Wright at a push.

Are there enough FTR'S and good enough to go into the 1-5.

I make it Garrity, Auty, Newman, Kerr and Steve Worrall. Charles Wright at a push.

Lewis will be coming back from a bad injury so should be given some dispensation.

• Like 1

Doesn't Charles Wright have a second year as he was only allowed to be used as a guest last year?

I would expect to see Newman in the Poole 1-5 for 2016.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

I would give the top starting FT rider an average of 4 and the other one an average of 3. I would revert back to the old format and let them take their chances, such as Garrity might well end up as heat leader. I would still give them a guaranteed status for one year and then scrap the FT. After that I would have a rule that each club has two under 25 British riders every season.

I would be disappointed if Newman didn't get a promotion into the 1-5 he's definitely earned it. The Bees would be crazy not to promote Garrity. Charles Wright should also get one IMO

Scrap this ridiculous charade....the only reason the top placed teams are at the top is because Garrity and Newman etc have been generally injury free and have for the most part riding against other lads who are so far off the pace and will never be good enough to attain even a regular premier league place.

In too many matches the top 5 riders of one team are outscoring the opposition by 6 or more points only to lose the match because say Newman and Stark have outpointed say simon lambert and max clegg 15-5, surely that can't be fair.

• Like 8

Scrap this ridiculous charade....the only reason the top placed teams are at the top is because Garrity and Newman etc have been generally injury free and have for the most part riding against other lads who are so far off the pace and will never be good enough to attain even a regular premier league place.

In too many matches the top 5 riders of one team are outscoring the opposition by 6 or more points only to lose the match because say Newman and Stark have outpointed say simon lambert and max clegg 15-5, surely that can't be fair.

That has always happened, reserves are and always will be key.

• Like 2

Which Fast Track riders have been unable to attain a PL spot?

In the good old days of the 70s and 80s with the TacSub rule teams who won always had riders 2,6 and 7 swapping team position due to averages so you always had a rider in decent form at 2 and team managers who had the opportunity to make tactical changed.

• Like 2

I'd like to see an end to protected heats for the no6 and allow averages to dictate who rides where in the top 6 as the season unfolds. The only proviso is that for the start of the season both reserves must be British. If they are good enough they'll end up in the top five anyway.

It would need another rework of the heat format and a conversion from the current draft average to an EL average and a rule to the effect that that the no7 has 4 rides.

One for the clever people to sort out.

we have big trouble then