British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Swindon End Of Era Meeting.

Welcome back.....the Steve Shovlar of Swindon :)

Is that a compliment or a big NO ER ?? i have never met Steve but he seems like a nice bloke like Starman loves Poole and i admire that,With The Robins ER i respect your opinion bigtime,what do you honestly expect to happen? the traditiional late March start is not practical surely.? myself i am very worried if the worst comes to the worst i will have to go to Somerset every week.!! Edited by sidney

Been parked out in those cheap side bogs!! cant Hayden take over ? not to worry anyway enjoyed the farewell meeting Briggs at the age of 80 god how fit is that bloke?.Just hope things work out i have heard loads of things about the new stadium we shall see i won't comment as long as i see speedway at the abbey again soon ??? i will be happy.

You've deserted your post without permission, let the side down sid. Death by firing squad at dawn for you mate. I cant take over anyway I work full-time!

Briggo looking great for his age...Dukey's still got his ponytail, managed to have a brief chat with him, about the time Mac Woolford, the Purton-flyer, crashed into the post and sent the sparks flying. Will never be forgotten by those aged 55-plus!

You've deserted your post without permission, let the side down sid. Death by firing squad at dawn for you mate. I cant take over anyway I work full-time!

Briggo looking great for his age...Dukey's still got his ponytail, managed to have a brief chat with him, about the time Mac Woolford, the Purton-flyer, crashed into the post and sent the sparks flying. Will never be forgotten by those aged 55-plus!

Haydon being a saddo i got all there autographs again!, Dukey looked well and Mac and Briggo too really wanted Briggo to open it up he looked like he was gagging to have a lap or two can't believe he was born in 1934 Legend for me.

Looking at those golden oldies at the farewell meeting, can anyone tell me which rider was the one who was slightly hunched over?

Looking at those golden oldies at the farewell meeting, can anyone tell me which rider was the one who was slightly hunched over?

That would be Troy Batchelor

• Like 6

That would be Troy Batchelor

No he said golden oldies not hasbeens....

He's a good egg Hagon and clearly loves his speedway. Knowing Sid, he will be back! ;)

Known him for years off of this s**t and he's a great bloke

Welcome back.....the Steve Shovlar of Swindon :)

Nah Sidney stays loyal to his local track unlike that particular person...aint no turncoat or glory hunter is Sid!

• Like 1

Is that a compliment or a big NO ER ?? i have never met Steve but he seems like a nice bloke like Starman loves Poole and i admire that,With The Robins ER i respect your opinion bigtime,what do you honestly expect to happen? the traditiional late March start is not practical surely.? myself i am very worried if the worst comes to the worst i will have to go to Somerset every week.!!

Sid, if I'm honest, I can't see speedway at the new track in 2016. I do believe there will be a new track, but not next year.

Good to see you back.

So there may be racing still at the Abbey in 2016 ?

Hope so as there is not a cat in hells chance of TRs schedule being met.

Had a quick drive around the car park yesterday ( l lead such an interesting life!!) to see if there had been any new developments. Not a builder in sight.

• Like 1

Had a quick drive around the car park yesterday ( l lead such an interesting life!!) to see if there had been any new developments. Not a builder in sight.

Likewise - wonder if the plans were submitted as suggested they would be at end of October

Likewise - wonder if the plans were submitted as suggested they would be at end of October

I'm sure there will be plenty of fuss made if plans are eventually submitted.

It's interesting to see that the plans for the houses opposite the stadium entrance were submitted in June, yet are only going in front of the planning committee this week.

This suggests that even if plans are submitted, we are looking at months rather than weeks before any work actually begins.

I drive past every day mate, will let you know if I spot a wheelbarrow or screwdriver. My mate has got another job as he got fed-up waiting to start work chippying on the new stadium.

I'm sure there will be plenty of fuss made if plans are eventually submitted.

It's interesting to see that the plans for the houses opposite the stadium entrance were submitted in June, yet are only going in front of the planning committee this week.

This suggests that even if plans are submitted, we are looking at months rather than weeks before any work actually begins.

That is why I stated in a previous post Matt that it is likely to be 2016 before the plans are looked at and go before any planning committee, and that TRs timescale is cobblers.