British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

If that's the team, it's clearly been built with less expense in mind.

Kerr and King wont be cheap thats for sure

Don't know why Kerr would be very expensive.

His average dropped this past season.

Don't know why Kerr would be very expensive.

His average dropped this past season.

It did drop a fraction, but that could be possibly due to him having a spell at number 1, a position he won't get a sniff of next season.

The question I would ask is.If the club has been struggling financially for years then why does it keep going. If smaller clubs can keep going on much smaller gates than us then what is the problem. Ok some may not pay any or not much stadium rent but surely they still have other costs the same as Ipswich. I just don't buy all this financial struggle s cobblers! If you're business had been losing money for years would it still be running I doubt it! I think the promotion know that the gullible 800 to say 1000 of us that turn up every week will continue to do so because of our love of the sport. The promotion puts out a crap team, we moan but they are still taking plenty of dosh on the gate. To add insult to injury you buy a season ticket that is usually not valid for at least 4 meetings a season. But they know we will continue to turn up each week.

I don't think the "800-1000 gullible" punters that turn up every week makes the promotion a healthy profit.

Chris Louis has openly admitted that he'd gladly hand over the club to someone willing to take it, but there are no offers! He's even gone as far as saying he doesn't actually want or need it but his passion for Ipswich keeps him going.

It's not a money making business these days, I think that's pretty clear.

On the season tickets, that's another issue entirely.

They are, and always have been terrible value for money not just at Ipswich but just about throughout the country.

They really should be more discounted.

Kerr and King wont be cheap thats for sure[/quote

No but it's not like they are going to have to pay a lot in travel for kerr and they don't have to put them up.

Blimey what a lot of moaners seem to be on here. Be gratefully that there is speedway to watch next year. I'm one of the so called "gullible" who go along every week to watch and I would rather watch speedway than sit at home every Thursday during the summer. Chris Louis can only assemble a team that he can afford just like any business should do. Also as everyone knows a winning team on paper rarely comes up trumps anyway. Team spirit far more important like any team sport.If the team rumoured on here is correct then I think team spirit will be good.

Having said that im not sure Chris will be happy with Mr Hilton giving the team out in the fashion that he did. Very unprofessional to say the least.

• Like 2

I agree. Chris Louis does do a great job. Keeping the club running and not making any money can't be fun at times. It goes for a lot of the other promoters up and down the country.

It's just a shame that the annual conference seems to ended as a damp squid with very little changing. I have not even read anywhere if the crap tactical sub rule is staying. Go back to the old way of being 6 points down and bringing in another rider as used in Sweden.Not rocket science .

So as long as we have speedway we should be happy with that? Scratches head and wonders why crowds are dying and most clubs struggle.

• Like 3

It's easy to say that crowds are falling which is true. But take a look at nearly all sports and they all have the same problem. I go to watch Ipswich Town occasionally and trust me this year the entertainment has been 10 times worse than anything on offer at Foxhall and more than twice the price.people have a lot more things to spend there money on nowadays. That's just a fact of life. It's easy to think that a good idea is to speculate to accumulate but if a business doesn't have lots of spare cash to do that then how can they possibility do that?. I actually think the racing in general for the last two years has been good at Ipswich and only let down by the lack of efforts of certain riders at times . It looks like Chris has addressed that problem by omitting them from his team for next year. Nexts years team May or may not win anything but so long as we can all see that are doing there best that's fine with me.

• Like 3

On the Twitter theory then look who @Ipswichspeedway have just followed!

TM better watch his back?

;)

what will Ipswich do when Kings Lynn run meetings on a thursday like they do every year, will they will be running more this year on a Thursday, Kerr and Rose are at Kings Lynn so how true are the romours of ipswich team

It's easy to say that crowds are falling which is true. But take a look at nearly all sports and they all have the same problem. I go to watch Ipswich Town occasionally and trust me this year the entertainment has been 10 times worse than anything on offer at Foxhall and more than twice the price.people have a lot more things to spend there money on nowadays. That's just a fact of life. It's easy to think that a good idea is to speculate to accumulate but if a business doesn't have lots of spare cash to do that then how can they possibility do that?. I actually think the racing in general for the last two years has been good at Ipswich and only let down by the lack of efforts of certain riders at times . It looks like Chris has addressed that problem by omitting them from his team for next year. Nexts years team May or may not win anything but so long as we can all see that are doing there best that's fine with me.

Blimey what a lot of moaners seem to be on here. Be gratefully that there is speedway to watch next year. I'm one of the so called "gullible" who go along every week to watch and I would rather watch speedway than sit at home every Thursday during the summer. Chris Louis can only assemble a team that he can afford just like any business should do. Also as everyone knows a winning team on paper rarely comes up trumps anyway. Team spirit far more important like any team sport.If the team rumoured on here is correct then I think team spirit will be good.

Having said that im not sure Chris will be happy with Mr Hilton giving the team out in the fashion that he did. Very unprofessional to say the least.

Well must agree with stu219 that its better to have speedway than not just ask Reading fans. But we are also entitled to our opinions on this site, lets face it, its not going to make any difference anyway whatever we say.

Internet opportunist convinced heard @ipswichspeedway side at club party. Official line from club is team announcement when all 7 tied up.

:rofl:

btw the way.. it wasn't heard.... it was told by Mr Phil Hilton in a conversation, and by the way he didn't just tell one person but to others aswell as various times in the night..... :shock:

• Like 1