British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Thank you very much. I think I'm quite rare, a speedway fan that actually rides motorbikes.

I used to, still trying to beat my record time in getting to a meeting back in 1989/90 ish, failing very badly though because I am just too scared to do that kind of speed in the car down the country lane part of Foxhall Road.

Prefer Ipswich in Blue and Black as they are our colours. The riders in Yellow look like Coventry riders whist the ones in Green... I don't know maybe Plymouth. They look pretty neat, but as a team they look ridiculous. Surely they should all be the same. The team photo's just look daft.

Not really bothered either way.

They could be in pink with yellow spots like Mr Blobby so long as they put the effort in and provide some decent entertainment.

• Like 2

Wash them a few times and difference won't be so pronounced. They are the sponsors colours so if people want it changed you know what to do.

I think both sets of team suits look great. I do like some nice bright suits to add some colour.

As for the new witch logo, the amazing new modern design is cutting edge. Wow what a great transformation. Should bring the punters flooding back.

Edited by baldyman

Wash them a few times and difference won't be so pronounced. They are the sponsors colours so if people want it changed you know what to do.

IMO thats the most important part.

The new suit is striking and easily identifies with the sponsor.

That the sponsor gets the exposure is what its rightly about.

Whilst no doubt there is an alturistic element as to why tru chose the Witches at the end of the day its still a business transaction and needs to be handled as such.

Eh? That makes no sense. Sackers are green but we didn't have green Kevlars did we?

Some of them nearly do now.

There was a picture taken with guy nicholls yesterday with 3 riders and his vans. The 3 riders had the mustard yellow suits on which is trucks and tippers r us colours.

Edited by baldyman

IMO thats the most important part.

The new suit is striking and easily identifies with the sponsor.

That the sponsor gets the exposure is what its rightly about.

Whilst no doubt there is an alturistic element as to why tru chose the Witches at the end of the day its still a business transaction and needs to be handled as such.

If it's important to have the sponsors colours on board then surely it was even more important to get all the suits the sponsors colour?

Chris said last night that both manufacturers were sent the suit details and one of them got it wrong, didn't say which one is wrong tho!

Going by some pictures I've seen its probably easy enough to work out which one. And I think Danny's bike covers may give it away as well.

Edited by baldyman

Why not just get all kevlars made by one supplier. Wouldn't see a football team going out in half Adidas kits and half Nike kits. Riders may have their gear made by a preferred supplier usually but if a team wants to go with team suits they should be buying them for their riders.

• Like 2

Why not just get all kevlars made by one supplier. Wouldn't see a football team going out in half Adidas kits and half Nike kits. Riders may have their gear made by a preferred supplier usually but if a team wants to go with team suits they should be buying them for their riders.

I've never understood this either. This effort by Ipswich is absolutely awful. To demand that suits are at least colour matched has to be a minimum requirement.

The bright yellow ones look superb but a shame half the side are wearing a totally different colour!

If it's important to have the sponsors colours on board then surely it was even more important to get all the suits the sponsors colour?

ahree with that point.

My original comment was more about the move away from blue,black and white.