British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Ollie Greenwood in

Yes from Mike Bacon's tweet it seemed like it was either Connor Mountain or Danyon Hume and turns out it's neither!

Oliver Greenwood replaces Daryl Ritchings. A shame for Ritchings but I'm afraid he's been woeful so the right decision by the promotion.

Oh and a riding order change, Kerr moves to 2 and Sargeant moves to 4 to partner Risager.

Someone's been reading Mr beerhut's posts on here it seems :D

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

Welcome to Ollie - good luck fella.

Lets hope the riding order switch manages to shake things up a bit abd has a positive effect.

Onwards and upwards!

Yes from Mike Bacon's tweet it seemed like it was either Connor Mountain or Danyon Hume and turns out it's neither!

Oliver Greenwood replaces Daryl Ritchings. A shame for Ritchings but I'm afraid he's been woeful so the right decision by the promotion.

Oh and a riding order change, Kerr moves to 2 and Sargeant moves to 4 to partner Risager.

Someone's been reading Mr beerhut's posts on here it seems :D

greenwood is the better option will win a lot of heat 2s , 1 thing about olly is , he can gate

Edited by hans fan

If he scores more than a point it's an improvement, but I must admit I was hoping for a change in the top 5 as well. We still have lots of inconsistentcy

Well, I fell into Mr Bacon's trap there too as I thought it was going to be Connor Mountain in at 7 to replace Darryl, with CL moving his asset (Danyon Hume) from Birmingham to Mildenhall - so, just like macca56's entry in the Eurovision this year = null points and an "E" for Effort on that piece of speculation.

I was also seeing a clear path of future co-operation between the Fen Tigers and the Witches which may have been beneficial to both clubs in the years to come - but there is not even a mention, as far as I can see, in the 'Star' about Connor Mountain, so Mr Bacon was certainly leading us a merry dance on that one and I was, almost, making a (Connor) Mountain out of a Bacon (molehill) sarnie.

I don't know much about Ollie Greenwood I am ashamed to say, but welcome to the Witches brew Ollie. Good luck and, hopefully, you will be able to add the spark of interest in the team that I found so sadly missing against the Rickets last Thursday. And well done CL, not made wholesale changes as - on paper - the team is better than its results to date, but something had to be done and it has, so praise where it is due. Hopefully a lesson has been learned though, i.e. don't accept a certain person's recommendation on riders, especially if you are bringing them in sight unseen.

(I'm guessing that the promotion will have to have another race-suit made up for Ollie, as Mr Ritchings' one would probably be hanging up on the XL peg - sorry Darryl.)

Looking forward to Thursday now. Well, until I check the weather forecast at least.

Didn't notice that cryptic clue. Your a legend.

Lol. Had to tap someone up for the info but always a good source!

Jings - ippo really are running scared of the mighty monarchs!

I was always very impressed by young greenwood when he was at Peterborough.

Saw him score a great maximum (paid) there and saw him score well at Rye.

All seemed to go wrong when he broke his collar bone.

Never hit form again after that.

I would have been happy having him as our 3 pointer but am more than happy with Dan the Man. Hopefully Dan is riding on Thursday.

Greenwood could do well at ippo.

Glad to see baldyman thinks we are a poor team. Bold talk I must say!

Jings - ippo really are running scared of the mighty monarchs!

I was always very impressed by young greenwood when he was at Peterborough.

Saw him score a great maximum (paid) there and saw him score well at Rye.

All seemed to go wrong when he broke his collar bone.

Never hit form again after that.

I would have been happy having him as our 3 pointer but am more than happy with Dan the Man. Hopefully Dan is riding on Thursday.

Greenwood could do well at ippo.

Glad to see baldyman thinks we are a poor team. Bold talk I must say!

You are a poor team same as us. Fisher passed it and a young Aussie that cant score a point in the main team

Ipswich Vs Edinburgh, this season the equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb!

• Like 3