British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

You can keep the Elite League in its current format. Look at the team Poole has out tonight.

Or the Kings Lynn team at Belle Vue.

• Like 1

You can keep the Elite League in its current format. Look at the team Poole has out tonight.

Sorry to quote my own post but they still won.

Edited by Siggytastic

hi guys. Apparently there is a speedway fixture at Foxhall Heath this Thursday? Is that correct or am I imagining it? And it is a local derby against Rye House too, with a couple of ex Ipswich riders in the line up and the league's top rider and best reserve rider in their line up. Should mean a decent turn out and meeting if the weather allows.

I see you have been mulling over different scenarios for next and the following seasons. I would've thought that one thing that has come out of this year is that a consistent Thursday night race night is a must. Speedway is more of an habitual sport than many others in my opinion.

Can I ask, if you guys, the Ipswich Witches 2016 BSF Massif had three things that they would want to see from your speedway club next season, what would those three things be?

I might go for: 1) Regular Weekly Race Nights; 2) Track shape and preparation that allows for close exciting racing; 3) A decent lighting and PA system, combined with fan involvement (maybe a nominated fan sitting on the "board" of the club). Thanks.

• Like 2

That`ll be the Poole team that won at Lakeside, what does that say about our top league.

hi guys. Apparently there is a speedway fixture at Foxhall Heath this Thursday? Is that correct or am I imagining it? And it is a local derby against Rye House too, with a couple of ex Ipswich riders in the line up and the league's top rider and best reserve rider in their line up. Should mean a decent turn out and meeting if the weather allows.

I see you have been mulling over different scenarios for next and the following seasons. I would've thought that one thing that has come out of this year is that a consistent Thursday night race night is a must. Speedway is more of an habitual sport than many others in my opinion.

Can I ask, if you guys, the Ipswich Witches 2016 BSF Massif had three things that they would want to see from your speedway club next season, what would those three things be?

I might go for: 1) Regular Weekly Race Nights; 2) Track shape and preparation that allows for close exciting racing; 3) A decent lighting and PA system, combined with fan involvement (maybe a nominated fan sitting on the "board" of the club). Thanks.

Hoping to get along to foxholes on Thursday. Seems a long time since my last visit.

I would agree with all your points macca and with a preference for Thursday nights.

And to learn from some of the great marketing and presentation things as shown by the Weegies on telly on Wednesday.

Foxholes is dead at the moment and needs brought to life.

Oh and for the team to stay in the same league / division as monarchs so that I can see us ** you again!

• Like 1

Hoping to get along to foxholes on Thursday. Seems a long time since my last visit.

I would agree with all your points macca and with a preference for Thursday nights.

And to learn from some of the great marketing and presentation things as shown by the Weegies on telly on Wednesday

Thanks Scotsman. Will be good to see you there. Hope you are well.

Agreed totally about the great marketing and presentation by Glasgow. Hopefully, if there is a new promotion at Foxhall next season - as seems v likely apparently (no names mentioned), they will employ a decent marketing / promotion person as part of their "management team" - or whatever it ends up being called.

Well if there is to be a new promotion, I have it on good authority that it WON'T be Guy Nicholls.

Next..

Well if there is to be a new promotion, I have it on good authority that it WON'T be Guy Nicholls.

Next..

so the 'done deal' hasn't been done after all.

I have heard of 2 other interested parties but have no solid info as to how true or feasible they are.....

I've heard something similar, three separate interested parties, one very local and with past attachments to Foxhall and two very different parties.

Why so many parties interested in taking over ippo?

What do they know?

What I don't quite understand is., if the club was up for sale, wouldn't it be best if it was said it was. You wouldn't sell your house without advertising it, so it's then got its biggest audience.

Some say nicholls is interested and some say he isn't. Someone somewhere has obviously got some bull shat they are telling others.

As for next year I would like to see new fans faces. New ways to attract those fans and incentives to keep the ones that are already there whilst always attracting new ones. To put on a whole evenings entertainemt that people will want to keep coming back to watch time after time.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Perhaps we should put together a BSF consortium.

I have about £5 spare so I'm up for a 10% stake! wink

• Like 1