British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

perhaps we should move to under the refs box......

Are there any zombies over that side???

Can hear stuff perfectly from my vantage point (it's sometimes a little too loud)....home straight, first bit of terracing after the stand. Can get a bit quiet where I sit so we need some livening up to be done.

NB: this is a lengthy, wordy, post containing personal opinions and comments that not everyone will agree with (or, in some cases, understand). So please do not enter this Post unless you are prepared to see those type of comments.

You will be asked to complete a survey immediately after you have read this Post:................................

==============================================================================================================================

Well the good news is that "the Club" are at last listening to their paying supporters.

I am unsure exactly what has caused this seismic change in attitude, though I have my own opinions, but it is refreshing and must continue to ensure the future existence of a professional speedway team based in or around Ipswich.

For CL to refer to the (always excellent) Updates Site is, imo, amazing, particularly as he uses the excuse of not being near a programme - very unlikely that that would be the case, but lets allow Chris some artistic licence in his very interesting programme notes, and not believe that it was Big Bad Bob again getting sniffy about Baldyman's comments about his tracks - remember the withdrawn post on here a few weeks back....?

I am no expert, but is Chris suggesting that at Foxhall a slick track makes the racing slow? Is that right then? And conversely a deep track makes the racing fast?

Times are meaningless in team speedway, imo as, the paying fans want to see close competitive racing and, as far as I am concerned, I would much rather watch a heat where one of the heat leader looks for and assists his partner BEFORE the tapes go up, let alone after them. In the "Good Old Days" when heat leaders could chose their gate position, you would see a lot more team riding as, unless he was a completely selfish so an so, the HL would give the preference to his "junior" team mate, giving the second string a chance to gate and hit the first bend ahead with the HL then looking to establish a position in behind his team mate and then shepherding and guiding him home for a 5-1 (or 1-5). With the race leader therefore being a second string it would normally follow that the heat time would be slower which in turn backs up the four riders into a "pack" naturally promoting a closer positioning of all four riders and a comment of "you could throw a blanket over all of them", which is very rare these days.

Listening to paying customers has lead to the increased success of many businesses over time, and seems to be very much the case now in this super competitive era, post internet, where a price can be compared inn an instant and customer feedback accessed at a click of a button. Many of us will have seen an increase in online surveys, in fact yesterday almost every site I accessed online had a "would you please fill in our survey after your visit" window pop up even before I had started browsing the products on offer - and no, I am not talking about "those" type of web-sites Baldyman.....

The BSF is a great way for a promoter (or track man) to obtain and gauge customer feedback as is, to a lesser extent the (always excellent) Updates Site (which is mainly one person's view of the heats on offer, with a few random back-up comments that are subsequently deleted from the site.

I am aware that some riders read the BSF and some do not. It is a personal choice and may indicate the level of confidence a rider has, or simply how thick skinned (or possibly just thick) the rider is. I would have loved for the internet, and therefore the Forum, to have been around between 1972 and 1985. I wonder how many Posters would have received a virtual or maybe even actual visit from some of the riders from that era....?

Promoters? IMO the vast majority would access the Threads that concern his club, team and riders. It is after all, instant feedback, a very important commodity for a professionally run business in the 21st century.

Maybe, just maybe, the Ipswich Promotion has been accessing the BSF comments and are acting on them. This backed up by the "Massif's" continuing campaign not to be quiet and to have their opinions (and cow bells, whistles, flutes, etc) heard; the invaluable use of the media via Stephen Foster's (Always Excellent) Drive Time programme on BBC Radio Suffolk which followed on that evening to Foz's stint on the PA; social media; the (Always Excellent) Kevin Long and his inbuilt desire to make sure that the presentation is correct and the best that it can be (Kevin personally pays for the centre green flags - there really should be an Argentine flag, imo, as Nico's birthplace surely should trump his racing licence - and an Argentine flag is so much more exotic than the bland Italian offering); to a young fan's (and his dad's) opening day of the school holidays made by a simple but hugely generous post meeting offer by The Presenter; to the news that "Alec Douglas" will be at no.7 for the Plymouth match next week - Quite correctly, Danyon should have ridden in the Pant Hers match, but for whatever reason "Big Hill" was given the nod (why employ a Guest when you have a perfectly adequate (meant in a good way) No.8 champing at the bit to prove that opening night nerves affected his display in the Rye House match; and to a smiling, happy post match pits (reigned over by the magnificent presence of Danny (The Entertainer) Ayres), and an equally happy and smiling Promoter, a huge feel good factor around the whole Club and, replacement speakers being sited 3 meters higher promised for the next home meeting !!

In summary, well done to all concerned in achieving this new plateau, from which, surely, the Club can only progress forward with its supporters fully on board and not dropping off at every twist and turn in the road (NB, dropping off knitting zombies is actually positive and should not be considered negative in any way.

==============================================================================================================================

Post Post Survey:

As Yyu committed to before entering this Post, please now complete macca56's Post Post survey:

Question 1] What was the main reason for reading this post today?

Question 2] Did reading this Post affect your mental or psychological state in any way?

Question 3] Do you feel like responding to any of the comments and opinions offered in this Post?

Question 4] Do you feel unable to respond to this Post without using offensive and unnecessary (sad little man) language?

Question 5] Do you feel that macca56's posts will lead to the closure of this Forum, or do you think that they are well meaning, well balanced and well written?

** This Question is to be answered by BSF members employed as "Doormen" only **

Question 6] Can you construct a post without being a massive bell**************************

Apologies, this survey has experienced an issue and will now close. Computer says "No". Log Off and On again.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 3

1) I wanted to see what ramblings the unhinged madman would come up with today! Wink

2) No (much like you I am already past the stage of possible deteriation)

3) Yes - a balanced and pragmatic post - well done. The early season woes certainly put a dampner on spirits both at the track and here on the BSF. Even I (usually the one still trying to defend what others found indefendable in the past) was being quite negative on a regular basis. It was was becoming fractious and not always very pleasant. The efforts we have mae to make some noise and raise an atmosphere were a much needed positivity to help in turning things around. As a result we have had a much better time and I hope it has also been (even in just a small way) part of the catalyst for some of the bigger changes we have seen.

The exposure provided by Foz and Kevin has been superb and great credit to them for their interest and enthusiasm.

4) No

5) No to closure Yes to well meaning

6) Well edited to avoid spoiling it wink

• Like 2

I'm missing something from the Rastafarian Mexicans menu above (well that's what he looked like Thursday)

Ah, I've got it Macca, can I have an extra large burrito with plenty of reggae reggae sauce please?

Edited as I wasn't sure if it was a long government questionnaire or a restaurant menu to be consumed.

I did somehow manage to stay awake while reading it.

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Definition of Massif:

"massif

Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

mas·sif (mă-sēf′)
n.
1. A large mountain mass or compact group of connected mountains forming an independent portion of a range.
2. A large section or block of the earth's crust that is more rigid than the surrounding rock and has been moved or displaced as a unit."
Not being Billy Big Bollox but think I did quite well when I came up with that name for our/your little group.
Great to see Danyon scoring consistently highly for Birmingham and already told he will be at no. 7 against Plymouth. The lad, I believe has a massive massif future.
As for "this guys" for next week, I think the hatchet was buried a bit on Thursday after the meeting so may not be any need, though some may consider that I should dress up as the End of a Ringing Thing. Thought I may try my impression of a Rastafarian Mexican, as you guys did not get this guy's disguise right, as it was a Peruvian poncho, poncho, poncho, poncho, poncho, poncho, poncho Poncho Genchev !? (Football Reference sorry Bman).
Olympic theme soon I guess, Rio, samba, samba whistle and all that. The Wimbledon tribute worked its magic on Andy Murray, so an Olympic & Olymix could be called for. Plymouth are The Devils and God would be his (or her) adversary, so maybe pop along as the All Mighty? (Have to get the Knitting Zombie costume out soon too).

Olympic theme?

You're coming as a drugs cheat or a brown envelope stuffed with high value dollar bills?

• Like 2

We could all dress as the Russian womens athletics team - that way we are already half way there as we all already have the bollox!!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

We could all dress as the Russian womens athletics team - that way we are already half way there as we all already have the bollox!!

Your eyesight must be better than mine :)

130303-goteborg-37.jpg

• Like 1

Im the second from the left! lol

• Like 2

I'm in the second from the right, lol

Edited as originally totally UnPC comment.

• Like 2

Im the second from the left! lol

I'm in the second from the right, lol

Edited as originally totally UnPC comment.

Your both welcome at my gaff to come and do a few laps :)

• Like 1

Olympic theme?

You're coming as a drugs cheat or a brown envelope stuffed with high value dollar bills?

Lord Coe lookalike I thought.

I mean he must be as clean as a whistle, mustn't he?

Your both welcome at my gaff to come and do a few laps :)

You got some Lapland athletes there then BP? Or is it lap dancing? Confused now I am.....

I don't know which one I am cos can't tell if they are cleaned shaved or not😁 or maybe a Brazilian🤔

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 3