British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

thats correct macca i did contact guy on 3 occasions, and I must say, he was incredibly quick in replying..and your quote was very accurate!

• Like 1

I might be at the Hole on Saturday if anyone would like me to join their particular bandwagon lol

Would be good to see you there buddy, but it clashes with Rye House versus Berwick and I will be at Hoddesdon with my Billy Big Bollox "sponsor's" hat on and, by the looks of Bloomy and Catch 22's comments about me, it would be safer for me to keep away from Foxhall for a while anyway until the keyboard anger wears off, and Foxhall, would be better off it seems without my patronage, "sponsor" money, and "spiteful and unecessary" remarks.

Hopefully we will catch up soon, as your Dad was one of my favourite riders and, in my opinion, the Witches should be using your youthful, enthusiastic entrepreneurial skills to the most. Hopefully, you haven'the taken this as a insult to your avatar, favourite rider, or parentage. As apparently, my posts are full of little hidden barbs.

Baldy: why not aim high and go for Tai - there's a rhyme in there somewhere? I know ow that I will be checking out the SGP riders sponsorship logos with interest at the next SGP as, apart from Chris Holder, who do Trucks R Us sponsor on the international stage? It would be there, I guess that is where we look first to see who may be the 2017 Witches No. 1 in whatever league operates on a Thursday night in Britain next season.

Personally, if money and points were no object, I would go for Tai, Dudek and A N Other as HL's with Gollob and Nicholls as second strings and then depending on the regulations governing the Reserves next season, Just would go for Tungate and a British No. 7, say, James Shanes, lol. But wouldn't be too surprised to see Jason Crump or Chris Louis in a Reserve berth.

Rumours (not the Fleetwood Mac ones) were flying round Hoddesdon on Monday that Rye would be going EL in 2017, but that has to be at least a year too soon, but Team BMR and Mr Jenson and his team are winners and used to dining at the top table in their main sport so I can't see them being left behind for too long - not that operating a successful, entertaining, fan inclusive PL team is being left behind, but there does seem to be a driving force and passion for the sport there that had fizzled out under Uncle Len's tenure.

EDITED: For incorrect predictive text and to cheekily say, Colin, it was nice speaking to you three times when I was screening Guy's mobile phone, lol.

Edited by macca56

Rumours (not the Fleetwood Mac ones) were flying round Hoddesdon on Monday that Rye would be going EL in 2017, but that has to be at least a year too soon, but Team BMW and Mr Jenson and his team are winners and used to dining at the top table in their main sport so I can't see them being left behind for too long - not that operating a successful, entertaining, fan inclusive PL team is being left behind, but there does seem to be a driving force and passion for the sport there that had fizzled out under Uncle Len's tenure.

Not entirely sure whether there would be enough extra people through the gate to justify going EL

• Like 1

Not entirely sure whether there would be enough extra people through the gate to justify going EL

I know 4 that would be back!

I know 4 that would be back!

I know 5 ..........

• Like 1

Totally agree Shads. My thoughts entirely when it was mentioned to me. And in Rye's case, why not be a big fish in a smaller pool for a while and glean all the benefits that brings in itself.

Could you PM me where you situate yourself at Hoddesdon buddy, as it would be good to introduce myself and say hi to a fellow BSF member, especially one who still goes to watch speedway, follows his team home and away and contributes to the sport by being a texter for the Updates site amongst other things.

How about getting a octogan on the centre green for a display????

Or a tribute to John and Chris Louis?

One thing if you do have a multi-millionaire owner, money should be no object....?

Yeah good idea. Maybe you and bloomy can practice your superman punches on each other, whilst I prepare one hell of a racing strip

• Like 1

There is a way to get at least 1500-2000 through the gates at Foxhall regularly with EL Speedway on offering

Spedeworth have had it easy, tougher negotiation with them needs to happen also

We were always one of the better supported clubs in the top flight. Until that last season that nearly crippled us but to be fair we were cannon fodder and were rooted to the foot of the table all season.

A competitive top flight team has always been supported well at Foxhall over the years.

Yeah good idea. Maybe you and bloomy can practice your superman punches on each other, whilst I prepare one hell of a racing strip

I wouldn't compare any punches with Bloomy! I've worked the doors with him for years and he's one fella you wouldn't trade blows with.

You'd never believe it looking at him either as there's nothing on him!

A decent team & A GOOD Racing track no matter what league will get better crowds.