British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

I still shout and holler from my little place on the home straight, ok I now look a little crazy shouting away all on my little lonesome but I just can't help myself. At an earlier meeting when James (eldest son) kept me company, we had a competition with some of the away fans to see who could shout the loudest, we were too busy competing to see what anyone else thought about it....think James won though!

• Like 2

Good on ya Sue - see you are still crazy after all.

• Like 1

General question here. If we do finish say 9th or 10th in this league. Can anyone tell me the last time we finished this low down in the second tier? Presumably we would be talking early 60's or late 50's.

General question here. If we do finish say 9th or 10th in this league. Can anyone tell me the last time we finished this low down in the second tier? Presumably we would be talking early 60's or late 50's.

Not really sure to be honest and not also sure I want to check that particular statistic out.

What worries me is the way things are going I'm not entirely certain we'll even finish that high, which is quite alarming really.

8th Southern League 1952 out of 10 (effectively 3rd tier?) nb first year open

11th of 16 1969 - again first year re open

Aside from that never outside top six until this stint in PL - 7th 2012 and 2015.

Did have finishes of 10th from 11 1957 and 10th of 10 1958 NL but these years when only one league.

Details sourced from BSPA archive section.

8th Southern League 1952 out of 10 (effectively 3rd tier?) nb first year open

11th of 16 1969 - again first year re open

Aside from that never outside top six until this stint in PL - 7th 2012 and 2015.

Did have finishes of 10th from 11 1957 and 10th of 10 1958 NL but these years when only one league.

Details sourced from BSPA archive section.

Thanks bruv. There's some pretty daming statistics there. But us 'whingers' are often told its all rosy in the garden.

Bet you went in the loft and found ya old programmes really....

no fooling you is there!

Took the opportunity to swap over a few wax cylinders at the same time - fancied a few different tunes to listen to this week!

• Like 1

Thanks bruv. There's some pretty daming statistics there. But us 'whingers' are often told its all rosy in the garden.

Hi bash. It does look like things are not rosy, but maybe only team wise. We were once in the elite league winning it, then slowly working our way towards the bottom of the league, until we finished bottom. We then entered the premier league, we started okay with good looking teams, but couldn't capitalise into decent trophies. Then just like the elite league we have now started working our way towards the bottom of the premier league. I have no answers why this is happening again and from a few posts i have read on here it seems we may only have this season to endure untit things may change.