British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Hopefully it produces good racing. I'll be moving down to Bury St Edmunds in a few weeks so Foxhall it will be for my Speedway fix next year.

One concern though if they take the inside line in again is that it will in effect shorten the track further.

The first alterations took the length from 305 meters to 285, so any further reductions will take it in to Lakeside territory..

• Like 1

For next season undecided what to do, venture to Ippo, go to my local track at Mildenhall or make the trek to see the Panthers...... mmmmmm

It's all subjective when it comes to tracks. You will always have those that prefer big fast tracks even if it produces little passing.

Personally I prefer to see a good track shape that provides good entertainment over a bigger fast track that doesn't.

Plymouth is only 216 metres in length, but IMO that provides far better racing that I've seen, than much bigger tracks such as Berwick and Sheffield.

Full credit to Chris Louis for not just sitting on what he has, and making the effort to improve the racing at Foxhall. I know the work done previously was far more complicated and difficult than he realised at the time, so good on him for tackling it again this winter in the hopes of producing a better racing strip.

• Like 5

Spedeworth were contacted direct last week about the PA on the back straight and the lighting and the instant reply was that it was an Ipswich Speedway Promotions issue and not up to Spedeworth to resolve. Cited were siting issues which The Presenter had already spoken to the Massif about.

Now it has been suggested that CL is not selling up. Well of course he is not the Promoter, he is the Director of Speedway and there is a subtle difference and you may find that there are more fingers in the pie within the promoting company. Also, CL reiterated on BBC Radio Suffolk last week that if Ipswich were to win the PL then he would have to consider taking them into the EL and this was backed up by Danny King's radio interview with Isaac Chinnery that was broadcast on Friday, even suggesting that only two changes would be required - and I guess you then start looking at Scott Nicholls again, especially if the stories emanating from Belle Vue are true.

Now that Spedeworth have taken over at Mildenhall, and James Easter has put his promoting hat back on again there, and the relations between the two clubs are as cordial as they have ever been, you can see a more formal tie up between the two clubs, be it PL/NL or EL/PL. James and Kevin Jolly were very much in evidence at Fpxhall on Thursday and you would imagine that the Title Sponsor's VIP box may well have been where they were headed before the start of the meeting.

And as regards the track changes, maybe think outside the box a bit and lets have the shale back on the tarmac. That way you do not have to spend money on the lighting. And if you need heavy machinery to process track maintenance then the Title Sponsor is a decent place to start, so maybe not too much cost involved. Then again, Foxhall Heath is the perfect place for a Moto Parc with not just speedway covered off in the future.

Never say Never.

Now it has been suggested that CL is not selling up. Well of course he is not the Promoter, he is the Director of Speedway and there is a subtle difference

He is the promoter surely? Or at the very least co-promoter

The official titles on their website say. John louis promotor

Chris Louis director of speedway

On Chris Louis twitter it says ipswich speedway promotor.

So he doesn't know himself?

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

The official titles on their website say. John louis promotor

Chris Louis director of speedway

On Chris Louis twitter it says ipswich speedway promotor.

So he doesn't know himself?

Well Chris Louis runs his own Twitter account, he's not the webmaster of the official site.

Well do you know? If so enlighten us, I would personally say he is joint promoter.

I know as much as you do, but I'd hazard a guess that the label he gives himself on his own personal Twitter account (Ipswich Promoter) is pretty conclusive.

Spedeworth were contacted direct last week about the PA on the back straight and the lighting and the instant reply was that it was an Ipswich Speedway Promotions issue and not up to Spedeworth to resolve. Cited were siting issues which The Presenter had already spoken to the Massif about.

Now it has been suggested that CL is not selling up. Well of course he is not the Promoter, he is the Director of Speedway and there is a subtle difference and you may find that there are more fingers in the pie within the promoti

For your information Chris Louis is the only director of Ipswich Speedway promotions Ltd which stages the Speedway at Foxhall Stadium

• Like 1

On the S.C.B website both John and Chris are listed as promoters. Two promoters is not unusual at any one club some even have three. Just download club officials from S.C.B. website. This was last updated 9.9.2016. A few snippets from Speedway Star interview with Chris says he took over the main running of the club five years ago. Also Chris says talk of any takeover is news to me. The reports of a possible radical change to how British speedway is run in 2017 is limiting his planning for next season though. Speedway star September 3rd page 29. Hope this helps guys, remember until something actually happens in speedway take what you hear with a pinch of salt.

• Like 3

He is the promoter surely? Or at the very least co-promoter

For your information Chris Louis is the only director of Ipswich Speedway promotions Ltd which stages the Speedway at Foxhall Stadium

Thanks Mick for the clarification.

I was simply going on the info I have, how CL signs himself off on emails and the Club website which, as baldyman has said, lists JL as Promoter and CL as Director of Speedway:

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/the-club#officials

On the S.C.B website both John and Chris are listed as promoters. Two promoters is not unusual at any one club some even have three. Just download club officials from S.C.B. website. This was last updated 9.9.2016. A few snippets from Speedway Star interview with Chris says he took over the main running of the club five years ago. Also Chris says talk of any takeover is news to me. The reports of a possible radical change to how British speedway is run in 2017 is limiting his planning for next season though. Speedway star September 3rd page 29. Hope this helps guys, remember until something actually happens in speedway take what you hear with a pinch of salt.

More like a salt cellar than a pinch these days our little cuckoo in the nest :wink: