British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

In my opinion, with the confidence Rohan built up during the Australian season and with his Polish mechanic on board full time in Britain this year, he would have have had a decent season if based at Foxhall, but there is no doubt he is better suited to the OTA as a home track.

And, I still don't see that Cameron would be any better with a bigger home track given the size of his home track in Perth, WA and given the excellent form he displayed at Hoddesdon up until the behind closed doors meeting at Kings Lynn when he blew his best engine and the huge gap in home fixtures.

Anyone seeing him ride at Owlerton or Berwick this season wouldn't say that he was a big track rider.

I've seen him at Peterborough on a few occasions and thought he looked really good there. Maybe I'm only judging him on those performances. His average has dropped again this year? So I was going by that really. So if he isn't so good on bigger tracks maybe it would be a good idea to go to one of those to improve on them?

Yeah, really don't know baldy, he beat KB at the Showground but then lost to other riders he should've beaten.

There's no doubt the injuries have had an affect and as he said after the Sheffield meeting he has never been able to gate in his life which is 90% of winning heats particularly these days. To be fair, he looked really good at Hoddesdon during the middle of the season and if the track had stayed like it was in June and he could have mastered turn 4, he would've been on a 7pt average - I think he got up to about 6.5 having started on 5.87 and rode the whole season as a third HL, but has dropped right off to 5.07 for October - which, imo, makes him a very decent PL second string for next season.

Never a confident lad but not yet 21. The desire and potential is still there and maybe a switch to the Showground is what is required, as long as he doesn't cop a bad one like he did again this season, through no fault of his own.

Improving his starting technique could also improve his chances.

Think he's worked on it quite a bit, but you will have seen more of him than me.

Not sure if the wrist injuries have contributed to the poor starting technique?

Gating is a skill you either have or haven't got. The sport has been riddled with riders down the years who were notoriously bad gaters and vice versa.

Mark Loram for example was a poor gater his entire career and could never master it despite working hard at it. I think you're correct Baldyman, you either have quick reflexes or you don't.

There are many things you can do with may help.

and that's why there's more drug testing going on

On another theme:

The End of Season Party has been re-scheduled until 4th November due to the Witches continued involvement in the PL Play Offs.

Bookings being taken at the nest home meeting or via the Supporters Club.

• Like 1