British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

The way this has turned out also provides a reason why the Lewis Rose signing didnt go ahead after it was predicted.

Yes. We knew that Rose had not been signed, despite it was claimed he had and was included in 1 to 7's on here. Hence the reason why we were including him in our guess's for our 1 to 7 at the same time.

As we were one of the first to complete our team the response when it was unveiled was a Luke warm one.

But as more and more teams are being completed, the more I'm liking ours to be honest!

• Like 1

I would say our top 5 looks to be one of the best, but our reserves look to be one of the worst. Glasgow look clear favourites so far to me, but after that it's anybody's. So it's a case of can our top 5 out score the others to counter act what we lose out at reserve.

I actually don't think we look too bad off at reserve either. Castagna for me is one of our better signing and one I've marked down as an average improver.

Yes I know he struggled at Sheffield, but he was chucked in at the deep end in the main body of the team straight away which may well have affected his confidence.

I think he has the potential to put a couple of points on that average and be a 5 pointer.

We'll probably know after the first few meetings whether that's the case. That along with seeing how Kerr comes back from his injury, whether Sargeant can kick on again after impressing at the tail end of this season, and whether Covatti picks up where he left off means I'm more excited for next season than I have for a few years.

Can't wait to get going and see what this team can do.

I think this team can get us in the play offs for next year , something which we failed to do this year. Once your in the play offs anything can happen.

Like the look of our top 5 hopefully King and Covatti will get some solid back up this year from Kerr , Risager and Sarjeant which as Baldy has said we will prob need as out reserve pair don;t look the strongest on paper.

Castagna from what we saw at the 16 Lapper night he needs to up his game . Looked totally off the pace and didn't really set the world on fire at Sheffield last season.

Hopefully his dad may be able to give him a few pointers on how to race Foxhall and of course he will have he Italian team mate Nico with him .

Don't know what Ritchings is like so won't comment on him.

Castagna from what we saw at the 16 Lapper night he needs to up his game . Looked totally off the pace and didn't really set the world on fire at Sheffield last season.

Neither did Covatti. Covatti was woeful for Sheffield.

Not saying Castagna will do next season what Covatti done this by any means, but at reserve on a 3 point average I think he'll make a mockery of that figure. He'll put a point on absolute minimum.

If a couple of others do likewise and the others hold theirs then we're laughing.

Needs plenty of laps under his belt at Foxhall though. It was in the Speedway star a couple of weeks back where Louis admitted that Paco said to him at the 16 lapper that he really struggled with the track.

Just like any rider though, you'd expect him to improve on it week by week.

Look at Covatti when he turned up in the UK for 2015 (at different airport to his lift). He had 1 bike which by all accounts was a big of nails!. After some help and advice from CL he changed and what a change!. Here's hoping after a few weeks for Castagna the same may happen?

Anyone new to Ipswich should only have to ask CL the quickest way round Foxhall. Whether they take his advice is another thing. ....

Look at Covatti when he turned up in the UK for 2015 (at different airport to his lift). He had 1 bike which by all accounts was a big of nails!. After some help and advice from CL he changed and what a change!. Here's hoping after a few weeks for Castagna the same may happen?

Anyone new to Ipswich should only have to ask CL the quickest way round Foxhall. Whether they take his advice is another thing. ....

Very true there is enough people in the Witches set up who should know how to ride the track . Covatti was a star last year same from Castagna we could only hope but if improves and adds a 1-1.5 to his average providing everyone else is maintaining or improving their we could be in for a good season.

King and Covatti - You would hope would at the very least maintain there average maybe a little more improvement from Covatti and break the 8 point mark.

Risager and Kerr - Think Risager will stay around the same mark , think he's pretty much set in stone to be a 6.5-7 PL rider but Kerr as so many people have said "what will he be like after his big crash" who knows only he really knows but fingers crossed i can see him pushing on to over 7 maybe a 7.5 .

Sarjent - Can see improvement in him what does he come in on 4.88 , well if he wants to push on think he needs to add a point maybe even touch the 6 point mark which at the end of last season he was doing and flying .

Roll on March

Good Friday is early next year, March 25th.

Assume that will be our first meeting? We used to open with a challenge match but I don't think we've done that in recent years.

Last two years we have had an individual meeting to start the season off.

2014 - Morten testimonial

2015 - Billy Sanders meeting .

The 3 seasons before that have opened with a meeting against Rye House

You can't compare covatti and castagna. Fair enough nico didn't do much at Sheffield but he was a good enough rider to reach the gp challenge final. Castagna is no where near that good. I'm I'm gonna stick to my guns and say I can't see him being anything other than one of the worst reserves in the league. Now maybe if he is given plenty of time to get to grips with the track he may hold his average. I do think we have plenty in the top 5 though to pick up away points which will see us take one of the play off places.

You can't compare covatti and castagna. Fair enough nico didn't do much at Sheffield but he was a good enough rider to reach the gp challenge final. Castagna is no where near that good. I'm I'm gonna stick to my guns and say I can't see him being anything other than one of the worst reserves in the league. Now maybe if he is given plenty of time to get to grips with the track he may hold his average. I do think we have plenty in the top 5 though to pick up away points which will see us take one of the play off places.

Nico's equipment was pretty poor when he was at Sheffield and his scores showed that. Paco is very new to league racing and said last season he hasn't ridden many small tracks and he was very much on a learning curve, he did show some glimpses and was popular with supporters as his after race celebrations showed, but you guys are going to have to be patient with him.

Edited by Tigerite

Last two years we have had an individual meeting to start the season off.

2014 - Morten testimonial

2015 - Billy Sanders meeting .

The 3 seasons before that have opened with a meeting against Rye House

Not in the same LC group next year Edited by Shads

Not in the same LC group next year

could start with the KOCup - thar might give it a chance of of a final before October as well.

Nah - you would still be waiting for your opponents to play their first round at that time.