British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Also glad no bank holiday meetings at Ipswich as travelling the 60 miles along the A12 always took ages due to traffic on these days. I shall be taking in Peterborough as well on Easter Monday, hopefully the traffic won't be bad on the M11/A14.

Neither Coventry or Lakeside are showing fixtures for the 3 x Friday dates on the Witches fixture list, when they are due to be at Somerset (29 April), Edinburgh (10 June) and Plymouth (24 June). So some decent co-operation there. Hopefully these will all run on their due dates.

I'm guessing that the re-brand and race-suit re-design will simply involve a change of Title Sponsor logo and not a change of club colours to fall in line with the yellow and black of tru7.com.

Also glad no bank holiday meetings at Ipswich as travelling the 60 miles along the A12 always took ages due to traffic on these days. I shall be taking in Peterborough as well on Easter Monday, hopefully the traffic won't be bad on the M11/A14.

Hopefully there will be a good following for the Witches that day providing we don't have the normal bank holiday weather pissing it down with rain .

If Danny is selected to be riding for GB at the World Cup final at Bell Vue when would the club have to release him to ride . Witches have Plymouth at home Thursday July 28th 2 days before the meeting on Saturday 30th July .

Shouldn't be a problem ?

I'm actually really chuffed at no Good Friday meeting as I was facing a bit of a dilemma. ....it's also my youngest son's 18th birthday!

No dilemma now, day out here we come.

Can anyone answer this question for me. If a 3 point reserve picks up an injury in his first ride, do you have to go with only one rider in the second protected ride?

Can anyone answer this question for me. If a 3 point reserve picks up an injury in his first ride, do you have to go with only one rider in the second protected ride?

I would expect the normal reserve rule to apply. The protected heats are there to benefit the no.7, not to penalise the team.

Hats off to the Louis' for shelving the bank holiday meetings. Those two meetings are their biggest meetings as far as revenue is concerned so it's a brave call.

We've all had a moan about missing riders though so fair play for doing something about it. Looking at the fixture list, I can't see too many clashes so they've obviously worked hard this year to try and eradicate the problem of double uppers.

Nice to see a fair few Saturday meetings as well so hopefully a few bumper crowds and plenty bring the kids along for some Saturday night speedway to help offset any financial loss of the two BH meetings.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

Yes a brave call indeed. We all know the sports ills of doubling up and given the circumstances a Huge call on ditching holiday meetings. I 've always felt that Saturday's can generate a better atmosphere and its well worth remembering that afternoon tracks are a pig to prepare. Let's hope this works and even if it doesn't a big hats off to the promotion on a bold bold move.

I agree HKP - would expect the Saturdays to be nearly as popular as the bank holidays to offset any financial downside.

Hopefully we will see better meetings as a result too.

Echo everything said. Great idea not having bank holidays and missing riders. It now leaves me free to go and see other motorsport events on those weekends. Well done Chris.

• Like 2

Radio Suffolk report that we have made a new signing with an eye to the future.

Danny Hume (hope I have that right - apologies if not) from Rye.

19 ex MX rider.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

19 ex MX rider.

Danyon Hume. Scary style but bags of potential.

19 ex MX rider.

Has he been signed as an asset or on loan?

The article on the official website initially reads like it's a full signing but then at the end makes reference to Steve Jansen donating half the loan fee to the SRBF.