British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

Rye House V Eastbourne - 19th September

This match and the following day's return have been changed from the National Trophy Final to the Gold Cup Semi Final.

The NT final now takes place on the 3rd/4th October.

This match and the following day's return have been changed from the National Trophy Final to the Gold Cup Semi Final.

The NT final now takes place on the 3rd/4th October.

October speedway at Rye House. A welcome change

Feel very Sorry for Coventry Storm, these are the type of rules that make Speedway a laughing stock. Due to the impossible weather leading up to the cut off date any fair minded organisation would have extended the date.

• Like 1

Feel very Sorry for Coventry Storm, these are the type of rules that make Speedway a laughing stock. Due to the impossible weather leading up to the cut off date any fair minded organisation would have extended the date.

Most clubs would have started home fixtures before July.

• Like 5

extend the date to when, October?. The weather is closing in and the semi finals are due to begin this week. If coventry had started their home league fixtures earlier in the season, they would have qualified.
  • Like 3

Most clubs would have started home fixtures before July.

Completely irrelevant. Our three outstanding meetings were all rained-off at the first staging or (in Mildenhall's case) the second staging. Coventry were not alone in finding it impossible to re-stage rain-offs before the cut-off date. Don't forget it's not only Coventry affected - Kings Lynn could have qualified for the Gold Cup too.

Edited by NeilWatson

Whilst I do have some sympathy for Coventry you do need a little luck to win things and the Storm have had no luck at all this season. Personally I would love to see Andrew & Mia's Raiders to end the season with some silverware to reflect all the efforts they put in.

Completely irrelevant, our three outstanding meetings were all rained-off at the first staging (or in Mildenhall's case) the second staging. Coventry were not alone in finding it impossible to re-stage rain-offs before the cut-off date. Don't forget it's not only Coventry affected - Kings Lynn could have qualified for the Gold Cup too.

Very relevant. Those three meetings could have been re-run on the blank dates at the end of the season that an earlier start would have created.

Whilst I do have some sympathy for Coventry you do need a little luck to win things and the Storm have had no luck at all this season. Personally I would love to see Andrew & Mia's Raiders to end the season with some silverware to reflect all the efforts they put in.

I agree 100%. I have watched the Raiders a number of times this season (yes, my relaxation away from Coventry business is watching speedway!), and their set-up is exactly what I believe the ethos of NL speedway to be. I believe that Coventry and Kings Lynn also follow the same path, while acknowledging that some of the stand-alone NL Clubs may have differing philosophies.

• Like 2

The Ace of Herts the following weekend as well.

That's not confirmed

I agree 100%. I have watched the Raiders a number of times this season (yes, my relaxation away from Coventry business is watching speedway!), and their set-up is exactly what I believe the ethos of NL speedway to be. I believe that Coventry and Kings Lynn also follow the same path, while acknowledging that some of the stand-alone NL Clubs may have differing philosophies.

How are you gonna compete with NL clubs paying 17 year old reserves £50 a point?

That's not confirmed

How are you gonna compete with NL clubs paying 17 year old reserves £50 a point?

I don't know that's the case - do you?

That's not confirmed

Who's paying reserves £50 a point? If your on about spiller 1 he's not a reserve 2 there's no evidence he is paid money at all

Somehow I don't think we're paying Spiller £50 a point! That Kent fixture would have been a bit pricey (over a grand!). Any chance of any evidence?

Why has this been changed anyway?

I was looking forwards to the possibility of winning a trophy at Arlington for the first time in years on Sunday.

I was going to suggest 2 double headers but then I remembered what happened with the last double header at Rye House!

Edited by stevec