British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Anyone know what's going on with the Supporters Club?

Emergency AGM arranged for 22nd Dec at the EoES.

Begging bowl out?

Begging bowl out?

Money's flooding in so it can't be that:

"But promoter Ged Rathbone has opted against increasing the cost after being blown away by the volume of sales so far.

He said: "We have already exceeded the final tally of sales last winter and that is a terrific boost.

"We have seen many existing season-ticket holders choosing to renew as well as receiving plenty of new applications."

peterboroughpanthers/news

Money's flooding in so it can't be that:

"But promoter Ged Rathbone has opted against increasing the cost after being blown away by the volume of sales so far.

He said: "We have already exceeded the final tally of sales last winter and that is a terrific boost.

"We have seen many existing season-ticket holders choosing to renew as well as receiving plenty of new applications."

peterboroughpanthers/news

So what's the emergency?

So what's the emergency?

It's to do with the supporters club, vacant positions on the committee.

• Like 1

It's to do with the supporters club, vacant positions on the committee.

you've put the rumour mill to bed :D for those who cant wait to have a pop at panthers and there finances

• Like 2

Anyone know what's going on with the Supporters Club?

Emergency AGM arranged for 22nd Dec at the EoES.

Panthers supporters club has changed it's name to East Anglian speedway supporters club unbeknown to almost everybody apart from Carl Oakes, president Richard Greer doesn't know committee members don't know and even Jed Rathbone is or was in the dark. The mind boggles just what is going on?
  • Like 1

So what's the emergency?

Since when is anything to do with a supporters club going to be an emergency?

Panthers supporters club has changed it's name to East Anglian speedway supporters club unbeknown to almost everybody apart from Carl Oakes, president Richard Greer doesn't know committee members don't know and even Jed Rathbone is or was in the dark. The mind boggles just what is going on?

It's not Panthers supporters club then is it. A properly named club should be formed without delay, if needed, and let the EA get on with it.

Since when is anything to do with a supporters club going to be an emergency?

It's not Panthers supporters club then is it. A properly named club should be formed without delay, if needed, and let the EA get on with it.

Believe me it has been changed for what ever reason

Yes I had seen the posts on Facebook and that's why I thought I would ask on here as no one on there seemed to have a clue what was going on. Sounds like it's all happened very suddenly and unexpected to committee members and fans alike.

Yes I had seen the posts on Facebook and that's why I thought I would ask on here as no one on there seemed to have a clue what was going on. Sounds like it's all happened very suddenly and unexpected to committee members and fans alike.

[/quote Richard Greer as president has called for EMERGENCY .A.G.M.

point of order: it can't be an "emergency" AGM (ANNUAL General Meeting). It can't really be both.

I think they probably mean EGM (ExtraOrdinary General Meeting - although if they're in headless chicken mode, which it sounds like they are, then "emergency" is the word that would be bandied about.

Either way, I don't see it as being any reason for most of us to be getting our knickers in a twist. I personally don't even know the name of anybody involved with the SC, let alone know one. So I won't be losing any sleep.

Now if Ged or TS has called a special meeting of fans..... then we'd have reason to be a tad concerned.

Maneacat asked a simple question and only one person has given a reply that enlightens her/us. Sadly it's just woken up the usual muppets on here who seize upon any little snippet to have a snidey little pop at Panthers/Panthers fans no matter how tenuous it is. It'd be ok if there was some intelligent humour, but mostly it's dimwitted drivel.

• Like 3

point of order: it can't be an "emergency" AGM (ANNUAL General Meeting). It can't really be both.

I think they probably mean EGM (ExtraOrdinary General Meeting - although if they're in headless chicken mode, which it sounds like they are, then "emergency" is the word that would be bandied about.

Either way, I don't see it as being any reason for most of us to be getting our knickers in a twist. I personally don't even know the name of anybody involved with the SC, let alone know one. So I won't be losing any sleep.

Now if Ged or TS has called a special meeting of fans..... then we'd have reason to be a tad concerned.

Maneacat asked a simple question and only one person has given a reply that enlightens her/us. Sadly it's just woken up the usual muppets on here who seize upon any little snippet to have a snidey little pop at Panthers/Panthers fans no matter how tenuous it is. It'd be ok if there was some intelligent humour, but mostly it's dimwitted drivel.

Wasn't sure about emergency A.G.M being the correct terminology thought it didn't sound quite right but that was not my choice of words. Hopefully it's nothing too serious but something has gone wrong to have to call this meeting at short notice
  • Like 1