British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

Probably a lucrative "fitness test" for him. Was presumably paid more for doing that fitness test than he will/would be if riding at Swindon?? Mom

All this talk of Zagar's "Commitment " to Belle Vue makes me smile. How committed was he at Leicester when he disgraced the Aces bib by tootling around at the back for 3 of his 4 rides, and ended up with 1 point. In many of his other matches, when he missed the gate he seemed quite happy to stooge around at the back, admiring the scenery. His performance in the A fixture at Swindon left a bit to be desired. Was it 2 points ? How many times has he declined to ride in heat 15 ? OK, I know that the match was usually won by then, but were the punters happy to be short-changed ?

Lol at everyone slagging Zagar off, do you really think the BV management want him to ride if he's not fully fit when they can get AJ. Zagar riding and being fit to do a job are two different matters altogether. A fully fit Zagar wouldn't have missed any meetings for BV which have cost him 15k to date.

• Like 1

Lol at everyone slagging Zagar off, do you really think the BV management want him to ride if he's not fully fit when they can get AJ. Zagar riding and being fit to do a job are two different matters altogether. A fully fit Zagar wouldn't have missed any meetings for BV which have cost him 15k to date.

Ahh my heart bleeds for him losing all that money.

Ahh my heart bleeds for him losing all that money.

You think he would give up on 15k if he was fit lol. This is speedway not premier league football

Isn't that exactly the point!

Why should a team (any team, not just Belle Vue) decide that a rider might not be at his best so just be able to bring in another team's number one?

Of course Belle Vue are looking to get the best out of this. The problem is that it seems remarkably easy for them to do so.

• Like 1

Isn't that exactly the point!

Why should a team (any team, not just Belle Vue) decide that a rider might not be at his best so just be able to bring in another team's number one?

Of course Belle Vue are looking to get the best out of this. The problem is that it seems remarkably easy for them to do so.

Its been going on for years, at least Zagar has a genuine injury.

Its been going on for years, at least Zagar has a genuine injury.

It didn't use to be this easy though. The guest facility should be a premium option, not just something that can be used this easily.

There was a time when Zagar would have been deemed fit to ride having ridden on the continent and the only way they could have got a facility would have been to have deemed him to be withdrawing his services, resulting in a 28 day ban.

Now people seem to be able to bring in a guest as a tactical option. That can't be right, surely??

Edited by grachan

Guest system is destroying this sport in uk. Poland and Sweden accepted RR but not guests. Which is right IMO.

It didn't use to be this easy though. The guest facility should be a premium option, not just something that can be used this easily.

There was a time when Zagar would have been deemed fit to ride haing ridden on the continent and the only way they could have got a facility would have been to have deemed him to be withdrawing his services.

Now people seem to be able to bring in a guest as a tactical option. That can't be right, surely??

No its not right as you only have to Look at the Dakota North issue, the ruling is open to some much abuse.

No its not right as you only have to Look at the Dakota North issue, the ruling is open to some much abuse.

Exactly. The same there. Why should a guest be available for a non-speedway related absence?

You are right, the guest system should only be used if you have more than one rider out and as we know doctor's notes are not worth the paper they are written on.

I often miss read the vibe on this forum or tbh I often find it difficult to imagine where people will go with their thinking.

I was going to post something else but before that I need to clarify this.

When Collins (World Final 2nd), Carter (British Final 1st) & Moran (World Longtrack 1st) chased personnel glory whilst injured but failed to line up for their league clubs, everybody thought then or thinks now that it stinks/dodgy/unfair (delete as appropriate) that those league clubs got a facility?

I often miss read the vibe on this forum or tbh I often find it difficult to imagine where people will go with their thinking.

I was going to post something else but before that I need to clarify this.

When Collins (World Final 2nd), Carter (British Final 1st) & Moran (World Longtrack 1st) chased personnel glory whilst injured but failed to line up for their league clubs, everybody thought then or thinks now that it stinks/dodgy/unfair (delete as appropriate) that those league clubs got a facility?

They all rode in a World Championship meeting. Not a gloried open meeting!

No wonder the EL is going down the rubbishter. People are justifying riders picking and choosing meetings! He should NOT have raced yesterday.

Big one for the Robins tonight....here's one for you. Would you rather be in Swindon's shoes and chasing a 14 point deficit on your home track, or in Coventry's shoes going away from home with the scores all level? I'm a bit like Natalie Imbruglia....torn!