British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

If KK was a colour in this league it would be pallid like off white or something that makes you think wish washy.

Bomber would be red white and blue and last of the proms and full of vigour

:) nurse the screens please.

• Like 1

I think KK was on 8.39 last time he raced in EL in 2012??

Having been away for more than a while, like any other similar rider, he would probably get a reduction?!

Edited by Skidder1

Having been away for more than a while, like any other similar rider, he would probably get a reduction?!

He 'rode' for Coventry in 2013, although you can be forgiven for forgetting his shambolic and insulting displays.

He'd have been burnt at the stake in Ole Olsen's day!

• Like 1

7.97ish.

Must admit I thought it was 7.96/7.something around that figure.

Still about 2 or 3 points too high on current or EL form. :rofl:

Edited by stevebrum

Any of these worth a crack, ulamek 6.60, michal szczepaniak 4.86, sundstrom 7.22, hougaard 6.30, gustafsson 5.92, lahti 5.45

Harris back with the Bees for 2016 as quoted by Wayne Roberts on Facebook..

• Like 1

Was there really any doubt?

Nope. It's the rest of the team everyone is worried about.

• Like 3

Was there really any doubt?

Probably not but there seemed to be a lot of people on here with conspiracy theories as usual!!

• Like 3

CHRIS Harris will be back to lead Coventry in the 2016 Elite League season.

The Buildbase Bees skipper has put pen to paper on his new contract which will take him into his eleventh campaign with the club.

Since joining the asset base at Brandon in 2004, Harris has ridden for the Bees in every season with the exception of loan spells at Belle Vue in 2011 and Birmingham in 2013.

Having won three league titles in his first stint with the club, he has captained the Bees to play-off qualification in each of the last two seasons, and 2015 was arguably his most consistent yet.

He has become one of the most popular riders ever to wear Coventry colours and, after being frustrated by the weather earlier this year, his long-awaited Testimonial meeting will now take place on Sunday March 20, 2016.

Harris said: “It’s great to be back, I’ve been part of the furniture at Coventry for many years and I’m looking forward to being captain again.

“I’ve been discussing my ideas for the team with Mick (Horton), we’ve had many texts going between us, and also Chris Anderson who helps sort my deals out so I don’t have to stress about things!

“I’ve always said I wanted to be riding for Coventry when I’m holding my Testimonial. I feel it would be unfair to hold it there if I was at another club, and I’ve always had such great support from the fans there over the years.

“It’s been a roller-coaster career for me, and it didn’t start off the best all those years ago, but things have got better and better and I felt this year was my best one in Coventry colours.

“Now I want to come back next year and have an even better season, and I can assure everyone that with the hard work being put in behind the scenes if it doesn’t come off it won’t be for the want of trying!”

Coventry promoter Mick Horton added: “Chris was obviously one of the major keys to our team building plans and I’m absolutely delighted to have him back.

“He was our Rider of the Year and he was a fantastic captain, something he proved both on and off the track, and he still remains the big favourite at Brandon.”

Harris joins reserve duo James Sarjeant and Josh Bates as confirmed starters for the new season, and further news is expected in the near future.

See I told people not to panic. Hopefully Garrity will be next.

• Like 2

Great news - welcome back Bomber :)

Neil Watson says "He has become one of the most popular riders ever to wear Coventry colours". How do people compare Bomber, in terms of Brandon popularity with the late Nigel Boocock? I would say he is now becoming the modern day equivalent.

• Like 2

Have to admit, I was a bit twitchy. Phew brilliant news, next stop Jason Garrity please, ta!

• Like 1