British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

With permission!!!

Still just adds to the rumours that were around during the season.

• Like 1

I will be saying more than that considering Poole spoke to him during 2015.

there was rumours of hans's bad form , i think a few fans said in jest ''he going to poole haha'' how ironic !

Hans wouldn't be the first rider in the history of many clubs to drop his average now would he.

They're welcome to him AFAIC!

Sneaky individual, wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. He fits in well down there!

• Like 9

well now poole seem to have control of peterboroughs assets aswell as there own theres a bigger pool of riders that could quite shockingly have 'off' seasons

then turn up riding for poole

there could be some worried promoters about ...thinking there riders aint gonna perform to there best.....

COVENTRY are delighted to confirm an early extension of the Bees’ main team sponsorship deal with Buildbase.

The club’s Elite League side have raced under the Buildbase Bees banner since 2004, and this will continue for a remarkable thirteenth successive season next year.

During that time, Buildbase have been highly valued and proactive partners of the club, and it is a significant boost to have their support for 2016 confirmed.

The early announcement of next year’s deal is partially due to the fact that Buildbase Regional Director John Clarke, a familiar face to all at Brandon, is to leave the company next month after nearly four decades of service.

Naturally that news led to some concern amongst supporters that there could be an impact on the sponsorship - but the deal is already in place, and John will also continue to have a major part to play in the club.

He said: “The sponsorship is reviewed on an annual basis and it’s normally advised in the early part of the New Year.

“But with me leaving the company at the end of the year, it made good sense to re-assure people that the Buildbase commitment remains as strong as ever.

“I certainly won’t be going anywhere else in terms of the speedway, and I’ll still be doing everything I can to assist the promotion of the club and helping out on race-nights.”

Coventry Speedway would like to thank Buildbase for their continued support of the club, and we look forward to working together again in 2016.

Never mind about Hans ~ not bothered he's moved on to be honest ~ but this is brilliant news about Buildbase as it could have been a bit of a worry that John is retiring at the end of the year. No need to speculate now so many thanks Buildbase for renewing the contract for 2016. Not many clubs can say they've had the same sponsorship since 2004. :approve:

• Like 3

Never mind about Hans ~ not bothered he's moved on to be honest ~ but this is brilliant news about Buildbase as it could have been a bit of a worry that John is retiring at the end of the year. No need to speculate now so many thanks Buildbase for renewing the contract for 2016. Not many clubs can say they've had the same sponsorship since 2004. :approve:

It sounds like Big John will have more time to devote to the Bees after he retires. He has been an amazing supporter of the team. How many people must have followed him out the middle of the track over the years? We've only had that pleasure once but it was a memorable experience.

Never been impressed with mr arrogance Cook - probably due to never having him in mind as a Coventry rider. Despite this, reckon could be a tremendous coup and fantastic for both rider and club as a personal and country thing too. Imo it ain't gonna happen, but always surprised by what goes on in uk speedway. A British 1 to 7 would be fantastic - we don't need Jonny Foreigner to keep us entertained, just add Jason Garrity to the mix (including mr cook) and we will be alright. Ok we won't maybe set the world on fire, but to watch the potential of these riders giving 100% (in my book this is what I pay to see) would draw me in to watch and hopefully many more too.

Harris, Cook, King, Sargeant, Bates - not bad Imo so far

Never been impressed with mr arrogance Cook - probably due to never having him in mind as a Coventry rider. Despite this, reckon could be a tremendous coup and fantastic for both rider and club as a personal and country thing too. Imo it ain't gonna happen, but always surprised by what goes on in uk speedway. A British 1 to 7 would be fantastic - we don't need Jonny Foreigner to keep us entertained, just add Jason Garrity to the mix (including mr cook) and we will be alright. Ok we won't maybe set the world on fire, but to watch the potential of these riders giving 100% (in my book this is what I pay to see) would draw me in to watch and hopefully many more too.

Harris, Cook, King, Sargeant, Bates - not bad Imo so far

Not if they were losing it wouldn't most fans like to see a winning team

Never mind about Hans ~ not bothered he's moved on to be honest ~

I wonder if you'l be saying the same thing come next October Gem ? :o

I wonder if you'll be saying the same too 🤑😜

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

Yes I will as I fully expect him to ride 100% for Poole, something he didn't always do for Coventry this season. I'm sure you've got a few riders you're never been keen on ~ Hans was one of mine, along with Troy Batchelor, Davey Watt, Darcy Ward and Krystof Kasprzak. Fortunately it's not a very long list.

• Like 1

Yes I will as I fully expect him to ride 100% for Poole, something he didn't always do for Coventry this season. I'm sure you've got a few riders you're never been keen on ~ Hans was one of mine, along with Troy Batchelor, Davey Watt, Darcy Ward and Krystof Kasprzak. Fortunately it's not a very long list.

Thats a very Poole biased list :D