British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Very harsh on Bates if true.

Imagine Bates would get another team, possibly lakeside.

All just hearsay at the moment though

Very harsh on Bates if true.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if it turned out being harsher on Clegg... Bates rode for Wolves last year and might fit in their team in place of Clegg, a move I wouldn't be surprised if they made. Although I think Clegg would be the better option. Not as likely to win races, but far less likely to bin it in the fence and throw away points

I thought only 2 riders picked weren't in the tier 1 of the draft. Presumably those riders would be Clegg and Rose

It must have been 4 because there were only 12 tier 1 riders to start with,

• Like 2

It must have been 4 because there were only 12 tier 1 riders to start with,

Ahh okay, thanks. Thought I had read that somewhere. Nielsen would be one of the other tier 2s I assume. Probably Sarjeant as the other, would be my guess

Wouldn't be overly surprised if it turned out being harsher on Clegg... Bates rode for Wolves last year and might fit in their team in place of Clegg, a move I wouldn't be surprised if they made. Although I think Clegg would be the better option. Not as likely to win races, but far less likely to bin it in the fence and throw away points

He won't. CVS has already said he wouldn't pick Bates because he doesn't want 2 reserves racing on the same night.

• Like 1

He won't. CVS has already said he wouldn't pick Bates because he doesn't want 2 reserves racing on the same night.

Glad to hear that. Clegg deserves another shot at the elite league. Think Wolves fans will have to be patient with him. Ever improving.

Glad to hear that. Clegg deserves another shot at the elite league. Think Wolves fans will have to be patient with him. Ever improving.

I'd have preferred Ash to be honest.

Clegg certainly made better progress this year but still believe he is one of the weakest tier riders.

• Like 1

Why would they go with cleggy if they could fit ash in?

CVS said he couldn't take the risk with Ash not having any other deals in place.

Still odd because as our asset we have priority anyway.

Rumour or you seen the list?

Mick Horton said Sarj was on the tier 1 list. Bates has a higher PL average so he will have also been on the tier 1 list.

Why would they go with cleggy if they could fit ash in?

If Morris signed for Wolves, he wouldn't have been able to ride for Cradley?

Would Kerr be a better option than Bates considering he's coming back for his serious injury?

If Morris signed for Wolves, he wouldn't have been able to ride for Cradley?

How come clegg can then,something to do with pl average? Must admit I don't try to keep up with the rules