British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

It's alright Mick coming out and saying he's disappointed with the riders under-performing, but are they really?

Kasprzak had engine problems but has generally been very good. He's doing as expected.

Garrity had a slow start but did well last night, he's doing as expected.

King is not a heat leader, he's had good and bad rides as he always does in that position. Doing as expected.

Woryna has been far better than expected, you can't put a 4 point newcomer in and expect them to score what Andersen/ Lindgren do.

Harris has performed as expected.

Sarjeant was poor last season as a tier 2 rider, the tier 1 riders have improved this year so he was always going to struggle.

Bates is doing his job, arguably he's done better than expected.

Martin Knuckey as a guest was never going to score any points at this level so no one can blame him.

So really Mick the only people who expected this team to perform better than it has are yourself and Neil Watson, it was obvious to anyone with an ounce of speedway knowledge that when compared with everyone bar Leicester and Lakeside away from home that this team is weak.

Look at the teams who have done well in recent years and they all have in common a big hitting reserve, ourselves included! You've built a team with a number 6 who will struggle to score points, a 3rd heat leader who's more of a second string, and no senior second string.

The riders are not under performing, they are performing at the level they are, it's you putting them in the wrong roles that has made us so weak.

• Like 5

Thing is Coventry fans must realise they are doing the same as they normally do. A club who make up the numbers so Poole and other clubs can kick their ass. Sure in 2010 they won a title but they had a ringer at reserve in Pawlicki who never should have been there but for Roscos fiddling.

End of the day it is just business as usual at Brandon. Dont know why their fans are up in arms. Do they really expect to challenge with this team?

Thing is Coventry fans must realise they are doing the same as they normally do. A club who make up the numbers so Poole and other clubs can kick their ass. Sure in 2010 they won a title but they had a ringer at reserve in Pawlicki who never should have been there but for Roscos fiddling.

End of the day it is just business as usual at Brandon. Dont know why their fans are up in arms. Do they really expect to challenge with this team?

Keep fishing.

• Like 2

deluded..fiddling guess youve become the expert on fiddling due to who u support.......why didnt poole sign him then ?

:D :D

Last minute I decided to attend last night Nd all my fears were confirmed . As previously stated all the riders are riding to their capabilities it's just the ineptitude of the people responsible for putting the team together .

Garrity should have been reserve for 4 meetings otherwise it should have been cheerio as much as I like him we have 3 fast track reserves in out side and the only conceivable believable reason we signed king instead of joonas must have been money .

Likely last year at the stadium no new one announced possibly no future the promotion just want to see it out , their prerogative . I am disheartened to that I won't pay to watch my beloved bees that don't stand a chance of winning with what we have . Like I say the 7 men we have I all like and they are doing their job shame the promotion didn't at the start of the season . Up the bees

no strength in depth, when kk has bike problems , no one there to back up,

unlike other clubs that have stronger number 4/5 , the way to win leagues is sign 8 point men on 6 point or lower averages

the only way to make changes now woud be to replace king with larsen or kildemand or pawlicki

then bring him back in for woryna in may

• Like 1

I agree with muffinman. It's okay Horton blaming it on the riders underperforming but a lot of them are riding to their average or how you would have expected them to. It's the fact he built a team so far under the point limit & signed 2 reserve riders who are lower down their tiers.

When you look at the meetings so far & averages:

KASPAZAK (7.91) scores so far 12,10,4

Last night he had bike problems but when on the right equipment he is capable of beating most riders. I have been impressed with him so far in 1st two meetings.

GARRITY (5.08) scores so far 3,3,2,5,7

He could have been scoring big at reserve but he can't be added to list now. He's had a lot of problems with his bikes but recorded a better score last night. I think he will be very up and down in main team. Unpredictable at moment.

KING (6.48) scores so far 6,2,12,5,5

The problem is he should never have been on the heatleader list to start with. He spent most of last year as a 2nd string. When on form he can be brilliant to watch at home but so up and down. I think he would be fine as our 2nd string if another heatleader is brought in May. He's going to struggle as a heatleader esp away. He got his 6pt average as a 2nd string for most part.

WORYNA (4.00) scores so far 7,5,4,3,5

Kacper has ridden a lot better than I thought he would and has scored his average or above in most meetings. He has potential. The problem is Horton has signed a 4pt rider as a 2nd string when some of the reserves have higher averages. He should have been signed as our 8th rider to get experience if others were missing.

HARRIS (7.34) score so far 13,9,13,7,10

The scores say it all. I've no concerns about Harris. He's allowed an off meeting now and then but for most part is scoring way above his average.

BATES (3.26) scores so far 3,7,4,7

Bates is giving 100% for bees but I don't think he is strong enough as a 1st reserve & was surprised he was on the list. He has extra pressure on him due to Sarjeant struggling. He's proven he can beat some of the top reserves but a worry away from Brandon.

SARJEANT (3.00) scores so far 2,4,4

James is one of my biggest concerns. He looks off pace and low on confidence for most of the meeting and is being beaten by 2nd reserves that he has the ability to beat. Then he comes out in heat 12 and beats Newman, Auty, Ellis & Starke. He's baffling. Frustrating as he has shown in the past he's a good rider but seems to be going backwards.

So out of the team Horton put together it's only Sarjeant and to a point King who I think are underperforming based on ability. The biggest let down was Horton when putting the team together and being so far under the point limit.

Edited by mdmc82

Steve Shovlar, on 02 Apr 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Doesn't even look like your attempt ( p*ss poor one to be fair ) to troll Steve can make any Bees fan rise to your bait .. Be a worse league without them next season though wouldn't it ?

They always make changes & never finish with the starting 7 anyway .. Its worked in the past too .

• Like 2

Let's hope we don't go on a roll like 2010 or Shovlar will be booking another trip to Rome and going into hibernation again.... :lol:

• Like 4

Let's hope we don't go on a roll like 2010 or Shovlar will be booking another trip to Rome and going into hibernation again.... :lol:

I'd be happy for the Bees to win for that to happen AGAIN :rofl:

Still waiting for that 2010 final leg match report. :t:

• Like 2

I'd be happy for the Bees to win for that to happen AGAIN :rofl:

Still waiting for that 2010 final leg match report. :t:

Think you'll be waiting a long time for that to happen!

• Like 1

But who do you replace them with? It's not a easy as before where you have x amount of points, you can only have 2 riders over a certain average can't you? So we couldn't use the points to bring a top rider in. We won't be able to put a heat leader in at number 4 either to use the points that way.

We can only replace Sarjeant with another draft rider and there is no one better out there. Not having Garrity starting at reserve has snookered us really.

I really don't see what moves we can make to make us compete with the top teams, we've stitched ourselves right up!

For example we could possibly replace Woryna with Larsen after May 1st which would then put King as a 2nd sting. That would make a huge difference in scoring power for the top 5. There are so many options available if we can riders here. I think it was fairly obvious a change was being made when the heat leader list is abolished, its the only thing that makes sense building the team they did.

I agree with muffinman. It's okay Horton blaming it on the riders underperforming but a lot of them are riding to their average or how you would have expected them to. It's the fact he built a team so far under the point limit & signed 2 reserve riders who are lower down their tiers.

When you look at the meetings so far & averages:

KASPAZAK (7.91) scores so far 12,10,4

Last night he had bike problems but when on the right equipment he is capable of beating most riders. I have been impressed with him so far in 1st two meetings.

GARRITY (5.08) scores so far 3,3,2,5,7

He could have been scoring big at reserve but he can't be added to list now. He's had a lot of problems with his bikes but recorded a better score last night. I think he will be very up and down in main team. Unpredictable at moment.

KING (6.48) scores so far 6,2,12,5,5

The problem is he should never have been on the heatleader list to start with. He spent most of last year as a 2nd string. When on form he can be brilliant to watch at home but so up and down. I think he would be fine as our 2nd string if another heatleader is brought in May. He's going to struggle as a heatleader esp away. He got his 6pt average as a 2nd string for most part.

WORYNA (4.00) scores so far 7,5,4,3,5

Kacper has ridden a lot better than I thought he would and has scored his average or above in most meetings. He has potential. The problem is Horton has signed a 4pt rider as a 2nd string when some of the reserves have higher averages. He should have been signed as our 8th rider to get experience if others were missing.

HARRIS (7.34) score so far 13,9,13,7,10

The scores say it all. I've no concerns about Harris. He's allowed an off meeting now and then but for most part is scoring way above his average.

BATES (3.26) scores so far 3,7,4,7

Bates is giving 100% for bees but I don't think he is strong enough as a 1st reserve & was surprised he was on the list. He has extra pressure on him due to Sarjeant struggling. He's proven he can beat some of the top reserves but a worry away from Brandon.

SARJEANT (3.00) scores so far 2,4,4

James is one of my biggest concerns. He looks off pace and low on confidence for most of the meeting and is being beaten by 2nd reserves that he has the ability to beat. Then he comes out in heat 12 and beats Newman, Auty, Ellis & Starke. He's baffling. Frustrating as he has shown in the past he's a good rider but seems to be going backwards.

So out of the team Horton put together it's only Sarjeant and to a point King who I think are underperforming based on ability. The biggest let down was Horton when putting the team together and being so far under the point limit.

Garrity has underperformed but I suspect after a decent score yesterday he will improve.

KK attended a funeral yesterday morning and had a mad dash to get back to Britain. Might explain his bike problems yesterday.

Edited by woz01

Taken from Twitter:

Kaspazak went to the funeral of a close family member in the morning, flew in in the afternoon & mad dash to Brandon. No one would have complained if he didn't ride in the circumstances but he made the effort & was unlucky on the night.

He has shown more commitment so far this season than in the past.

• Like 1

For example we could possibly replace Woryna with Larsen after May 1st which would then put King as a 2nd sting. That would make a huge difference in scoring power for the top 5. There are so many options available if we can riders here. I think it was fairly obvious a change was being made when the heat leader list is abolished, its the only thing that makes sense building the team they did.

Garrity has underperformed but I suspect after a decent score yesterday he will improve.

KK attended a funeral yesterday morning and had a mad dash to get back to Britain. Might explain his bike problems yesterday.

I think they should keep Woyna and get rid of King and Sargent if possible bring in Kenny and ? Edited by kingbee