British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Well better late then never, it must of taken some head scratching to come up with that policy.

At least it looks sorted now. Now we just need changes so we have a team worth watching 😉

• Like 2

Horton now expects schools and unis to write hundreds of letters to enable their students to be allowed to get a concession at the speedway. It's only taken five days to come up with this farcical answer to such a ridiculous problem that exists in his head. You are a deluded txxssxr!

• Like 1

Horton now expects schools and unis to write hundreds of letters to enable their students to be allowed to get a concession at the speedway. It's only taken five days to come up with this farcical answer to such a ridiculous problem that exists in his head. You are a deluded txxssxr!

Hundreds?

Its not an unreasonable request. Secretaries will do this at Schools, Colleges and Uni's for a variety of reasons if you ask for it. I asked for something similar for my daughter and it was done the same day.

Won't help students for Mondays meeting unless they can get it the same day but at least its clarified.

Edited by woz01

Totally reasonable procedure to protect Coventry Speedway from the crooks...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 7

Crikey me it's like a Victor Meldrew convention on here with Leonard Cohen providing the music.

Up the bees

• Like 2

Headmaster's going to be busy Monday. Beginning to wonder at 79 whether to pay full price for Monday's meeting. This is a shambles perhaps Mr Watson might have some input into the current situation.To change subject we are in our last season at Brandon where are the banners suggesting "save our Speedway" we are heading rapidly into the end of Coventry Bees without even a whimper. Close the stadium NO application for housing etc. Close stadium leave it 2/3 years then apply for housing NO NEED then to provide a new motor sports stadium. Am I on the mark? or WHAT!

Edited by abbo
  • Like 2

It is a bit stupid that it needs to be done but when there is a massive reduction in price like this, needs must I suppose.

• Like 2

Well done Coventry, that's put a stop to the wronguns 😆

• Like 1

I know CCFC used to adopt a similar policy when it comes to students buying season tickets, think the letter of acceptance from college or uni was confirmation.

Those still moaning about the solution to the student concession, please can you tell me how many other tracks you can watch speedway at for £5 due to being a student? If you go to Poole you pay full price & at Belle Vue their cheapest student price is £14, as is King's Lynn's.

I would say if you are a genuine student then a letter of prove is worth getting if it means you save £12 each meeting. It's those who were trying to con the management who will be more annoyed. As I said, Horton didn't have to offer a student rate as not everybody does.

I think it's the weakness of the team that is more of a worry at the moment than somebody having to ask for a letter.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Kasprzak, Garrity and Bates all had decent meetings last night. Bodes well for Monday.

• Like 1

Those still moaning about the solution to the student concession, please can you tell me how many other tracks you can watch speedway at for £5 due to being a student? If you go to Poole you pay full price & at Belle Vue their cheapest student price is £14, as is King's Lynn's.

I would say if you are a genuine student then a letter of prove is worth getting if it means you save £12 each meeting. It's those who were trying to con the management who will be more annoyed. As I said, Horton didn't have to offer a student rate as not everybody does.

I think it's the weakness of the team that is more of a worry at the moment than somebody having to ask for a letter.

Do you pay full price at Poole? They don't tend to advertise 'student' prices but if you enquire it comes under 'concessions'. Or it did!

As expected Coventry Speedway have come up with a fair resolution of the Student admissions issue.

Pleased to see no one is being disadvantaged.

I believe this proves that fans do have the power to change the minds and thinking of the people in charge of our sport.

Well done to all those involved in achieving this outcome.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 1

They never do one for a midweek meeting only have Lakeside, Mildenhall and Cardiff listed.